REAL LIFE

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

REAL LIFE

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 8, 18 8:21 PM
NO TIME FOR THE CASTLE OR VERY LITTLE. MY SON HAS JUST INVITED A FRIEND WHO IS LOSING HIS HOME. TO LIVE WITH US. NOW THE ONLY SPACE LEFT IS THE ROOM THAT WAS MY HUSBANDS.

I WILL BE SHARING ALL MY SPACE BUT MY BED ROOM. WITH THIS MAN.

I THOUGHT THAT PART OF MY LIFE WAS OVER. GUESS I SHOULD NOT THINK.

WILL TRY TO GIFT OR DO ROOMS IN BETWEEN PACKING THE REST OF MY HUSBANDS THINGS.

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. BAD BACK AND MY SHOULDER IS ALREADY SCREAMING JUST FROM MAKING ROOM FOR HIM IN MY BATHROOM.

LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

Re:REAL LIFE

[Post New]by 1457051 on Apr 8, 18 8:35 PM
WELL, THAT'S NOT RIGHT!!
YOUR HOME, YOUR SPACE. i'M SO SORRY

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 8, 18 8:38 PM
NOT QUIT, I LIVE WITH MY SON, NOT THE OTHER WAY.

MY BEDROOM IS MY ONLY TRUE SPACE.

Edited on 04/08/2018 at 8:39:11 PM PST

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Apr 8, 18 8:39 PM
STILL NOT RIGHT WITHOUT SOME WARNING.

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Apr 8, 18 10:30 PM
I AGREE, ThAT REALLY SUCKS.

I look forward to your retune, Charliser.

Oh, Buddy really appreciates your playing with him.

Edited on 04/08/2018 at 10:31:44 PM PST

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 8, 18 10:37 PM
I HOPE TO POP IN AND OUT. I AM A NIGHT OWL. IF THEY WANT THE REST OF MY HUBBY'S STUFF GONE SO FAST THEY CAN DO IT. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MOST OF IT IS ANYWAY.

PARTS TO COMPUTERS WHAT THEY ARE NO IDEA, ANY GOOD NO IDEA. BIKE PART I NO NOTHING ABOUT BICYCLES EXCEPT I USED TO RIDE ONE, OVER 30 YEARS AGO. MOTORCYCLE PARTS AND BITS. NOPE NO IDEA.

I KNOW MY SON WANTED IT ALL GONE A YEAR AGO. BUT IT WAS TOO SOON. EVERYTIME I GOT RID OF SOMETHING IT WAS LIKE GETTING RID OF A PIECE OF MY HUSBAND.

50 YEARS IS A LONG TIME.

Azpotter
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Azpotter on Apr 8, 18 11:03 PM
So sorry for the pain you are feeling. Just take a deep breath and let it go. Change is hard. Especially when you miss someone who was with you for so long. Maybe this person may turn out to be a good thing, someone to talk to, when your family is too busy to spend time with you. Real life is hard, but you are still here and you must try and make the best of it. At least you have us to blow steam off to. . Hope things get better for you soon.

Best wishes friend

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 9, 18 12:03 AM
WITH OUT THIS FORUM AND MY FRIENDS HER I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE WALKED OUT INTO TRAFFIC ON THE INTERSTATE.

OF COURSE BY THE TIME I WALKED THERE I WOULD HAVE BEEN TO TIRED TO.

IT IS CLOSE AS THE CROW FLIES 5 MI. BUT CITY STREETS WIND EVERY WHICH WHERE TO GET THERE.

JASON IS NICE ENOUGH, BUT HE IS RECOVERING FROM A TRAFFIC ACCIDENT.
A CAR TURNED INTO HIM WHILE HE WAS ON HIS HARLEY. BIKE IS HISTORY.

STAPLES IN HIS HEAD. ANKLE BROKEN. OTHER PARTS STILL HURT.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 9, 18 12:11 AM
CHARLIE, THERE IS ALWAYS REFUGE IN THE SPECIAL ROOM AND IN MY SECRET LIBRARY.

TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH THE PRIDE OF LIONS SAM BROUGHT IN. THEY NEED TO WORK FOR THE COMMUNITY BUT WHO KNOWS WHERE THEY WILL END UP.

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Apr 9, 18 12:44 AM
charlieisr, it seems from your telling, that your son has taken in a wounded bird into your mutual nest.

This speaks of compassion. Memories are more important than objects, so perhaps you will make some new memories of helping to provide a place for a person's healing.

Of course if the recuperating housemate is an obnoxious, ungrateful, hateful jerk, you might resent this new addition.

But, NEVER, EVER, start talking about killing yourself by walking into traffic. Unless you truly mean to do it, in which case somebody has to know and stop you because I just can't because I don't know where you live and can't bring you a cuppa to calm you down... just getting a bit alarmed, here, by your "PROBABLY WOULD HAVE"s.

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Apr 9, 18 1:24 AM
CHARLIE, YOU DON'T KNOW ME, I'M NOT ON YOUR FRIEND LIST, BUT I READ YOUR POSTS EVERY DAY, AND WOULD MISS YOU SO MUCH IF YOU SHOULD QUIT. PLEASE TAKE REFUGE IN YOUR FRIENDS HERE, EVEN IF WE CAN'T BE THERE IN THE FLESH, WE ARE THERE IN SPIRIT. CHARLIE, I TRULY BELIEVE THAT THOSE WHO HAVE LEFT US ARE WITH US IN SPIRIT TOO. YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY PEOPLE WHO NEED AND CARE FOR YOU, JUST BELIEVE THAT.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS,
KATIEK

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 9, 18 1:32 AM
I have "downsized" several times in my life and each time "wept" at losing my preious possessions.
But in the end I will always have my memories of the people I have shared my life with.
I continue to see my family (well most of it) even though I am now in a care home.
They are my true existence in life.
The MC and Forum have a special place in it also on a day-by-day basis.
Without these I would probably "fade away"
And behold! YOU are a part of that, thank goodness!
So wallow in the luxury of simplicity if you can!
And keep well both in mind and body (as far as possible)
Pink pills on their way plus a couple of red ones from the special sugar frosty cake for emergencies

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 9, 18 1:51 AM
THE WALKING INTO TRAFFIC WAS TONGUE AND CHEEK.

MY DAY WILL COME BUT NOT TO SOON, I MISS MY HUBBY EVERY DAY, AS IT SHOULD BE. BUT THE STUFF THAT WAS THE HARDEST TO PART WITH IS GONE. THE REST I JUST DON'T KNOW WHETHER IT IS JUNK OR GOOD. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BICYCLES OR ELECTRONIC. HE WAS A GEEK AND I AM SORRY TO SAY A HOARDER. HE NEVER MET A ITEM THAT INTERESTED HIM HE DID NOT KEEP. NEW PARTS, USED PARTS, OR BROKEN PARTS THEY WERE ALL KEPT. HE HAD A RABBIT WARREN BUT KNEW WHAT AND WHERE EVERYTHING WAS. I AM JUST AT A LOSS WHAT TO DO WITH IT. NOT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT THE STUFF.

OH, HE ALSO HAD 20 BICYCLES. ONE FOR EVERY TYPE OF ROAD OR TRAIL YOU CAN FIND. THERE IS A CHARITY GROUP THAT WILL TAKE THEM AND RE-PURPOSE THEM FOR KIDS WITHOUT BIKES. THEY ARE IN STORAGE SO NO PROBLEM

SEE HE NEVER MET A BIKE OR PART HE DID NOT BUY BRING HOME AND KEEP.

OFF TO BED NOW. ALMOST 3 AM HERE.

GOT MOST OF MY ROOMS DONE TONIGHT. HOPE TO FINISH TOMORROW

THE OTHER THING THAT BUMMED ME OUT IS TODAY MY SON WAS CHECKING ON WHAT SIZE TIRES I NEED. AND NOTICED THE REAR END IS LEAKING. DARN JUST GOT IT OUT OF THE SHOP GETTING A NOW RADIATOR.

NOT MY YEAR AGAIN.

SEE I TOLD YOU I NEED A SPECIAL ROOM.

Edited on 04/09/2018 at 10:41:33 AM PST

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Apr 9, 18 2:38 AM
Hey! Maybe you could get a "something Pickers" show in to buy things, Or other dealers, not the wheeler-dealers.

It IS actually freeing to rid yourself of extraneous things, m'dear. Like contemplating a beautiful flower, and your amazing existence in the moment.

Keep well, and keep posting. You are cared about here.

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 9, 18 2:55 AM
SENDING YOU A PM

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 9, 18 3:18 AM
SENDING YOU A PM!

[Post New]by redcloud33 on Apr 9, 18 4:44 AM
HEY IF ONLY I WERE NOT LIVING IN FRANCE I KNOW WELL WHO WOULD BUY THE BIKE AND SIDECAR .... MY MAN IS A BIKER TOO, WAS ANYWAY AND CRAZY ABOUT GOLDWINGS !!!
WELL WE COULD TRAVEL TO YOUR PLACE OF COURSE BUT HOW TO SEND THE BIKE TO FRANCE ? IT WOULD BE TOO EXPENSIVE, "DOMMAGE"
HUGS AND BEST WISHES FOR THE FOLLOWING DAYS AND WEEKS....
DANI

gamelover57
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by gamelover57 on Apr 9, 18 5:15 AM
You do not know me and we are not "friends" but I am thinking about you and praying for you. Find the strength to do what needs to be done and know that behind every cloud there is a silver lining. As someone reminded me when I was going through tough times, God never gives you more than he gives you strength to deal with. I know that sounds trite but, believe me, it's true!

Raven of GA
Janice

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Apr 9, 18 7:06 AM
SENDING YOU A PM.

HAVE FUN STORMIN' THE CASTLE!

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Apr 9, 18 11:43 PM
Maybe the charity that will take the bikes knows someone who would be willing to go through all the bike parts, etc. Stuff can be very important, but knowing what is what might make it easier to decide what to keep and what can go.

Go to: