bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any The Pirate's Treasure: An Oliver Hook Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 21, 10 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Danger danger Will Robinson!!! Blue Screen 'o DEATH!!!

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jul 21, 10 1:19 AM
CRAP!!!!! Downloaded this. System crashed. Thought it was coincidental as I haven't had any problems with so I restarted... scanned my system... blah blah blah. All good. Tried to play this game... BAM. Blue Screen 'o Death AGAIN!!!

Off to email customer service but wanted to warn my fellow fishies just in case it's a game issue and not just my computer. (Played other games tonight just fine though so somehow it is tied to this game in particular.)

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Post any The Pirate's Treasure: An Oliver Hook Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 21, 10 2:03 AM
Lucky gamegirl...

plutiman21
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post any The Pirate's Treasure: An Oliver Hook Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by plutiman21 on Jul 21, 10 2:24 AM
I think its a game issue. I had played for about 15 mins and then game crashed - screen went white and I had to turn off my computer. All my other games play OK so I have just deleted this game - it was a pretty awful game anyway.

Ember66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ember66 on Jul 21, 10 3:29 AM
i played for 13 minutes before i got a white screen.
had to ctrl/alt/del to get out of the game.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Jul 21, 10 5:04 AM
I got the white screen too. So I did the same as Ember66

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jul 21, 10 5:15 AM
Ditto to the white screen too. It's not a really bad game, just a bit on the boring side, especially with no real story to keep my interest.

I won't be buying it, but don't worry BFG, I have at least 4 games already that I plan to buy asap

Jen.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jul 21, 10 6:34 AM
I was only into the game 5 minutes before the white screen. I think I would have liked this game if it would play.

plutiman21
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by plutiman21 on Jul 21, 10 6:39 AM
When I got the white screen I did control, alt and delete but it wouldn't come out of the game so I had to turn off my computer so that's why I deleted the game and wouldn't try it again as I think it has some major fault with it.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Jul 21, 10 8:07 AM
Win7 64bit got an error about 40 minutes into demo.

Error: Access violation at 0x0062004F (tried to write to 0x005D6CD0), program terminated.

It was the white screen, but my system closed the game and recovered ok.

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Jul 21, 10 9:48 AM
Same problem as others. The first happened when I tried to put in my player name. Froze up and nothing...as it was 230 am, I decided to go to bed and try again today. Got thru a few levels and when I tried to exit the game...same thing. The white screen of death. Had to turn off the computer and restart. Game was OK. My grand kids would like it, but too boring for me.

ssm46
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by ssm46 on Jul 21, 10 10:07 AM
Same issues - very frustrating. Is there an answer?

Kacey5
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Kacey5 on Jul 21, 10 10:20 AM
Exact same issue as Ember66. Screen went white 15 minutes into game. It happened during the minigame where you are supposed to put the treasures into chests. Had to ctrl-alt-del to get out of it.

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Jul 21, 10 10:20 AM
I got the white screen too - after doing the treasure puzzle - left and right arrows.

What is with the white screen? I have the sound but no picture

The items are small and are small pictures - this one is NOT for me

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jul 21, 10 10:39 AM
I went back to the game and it started where it left off. I didn't click the arrows just used my mouse for up and down. It works fine that way.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Jul 21, 10 11:00 AM
I also got the white screen after about 10 minutes of play. It was during the mini-game where you have to get the treasure into the treasure chests. Tried playing again and the same thing happened. I'm deleting this game.

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Jul 21, 10 11:19 AM
Me too LoveYa24. I got the white screen at the same place.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jul 21, 10 1:17 PM
Ditto with the white screen. Had to Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out. First time with a game from for me to have this type of issue. Game was a dud anyway. Boring HOG scenes, extremely easy mini games. Sigh...

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jul 21, 10 1:41 PM
I was about 10 minutes into the game and the screen went black and the music stuck in a loop. I had to shut down my computer manually, control, alt, delete, didn't work. I thought these games were checked before being put out for the public to demo and possibly buy!

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Jul 21, 10 3:17 PM
Ditto to the white screen. Not a bad game. A little on the easy side. If they fix the technical issue, it would be an OK game for beginners to hidden object games. Not a buy for me. Too easy and with technical issues, not worth it. Might buy at $2.99.

Go to: