shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

How hard is this game?

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 21, 10 4:30 AM
I am not good at large file adventure games - I get so stuck, so often that I usually give up and I don't like using walkthroughs all of the time, I just don't see the fun in that. Does anyone who has completed this game think this is a game that an Adventure challenged person such as myself would be able to progress thru and finish? It looks like such a nice game but I don't dare buy without a trial. Any opinions on the difficulty level??

sisarow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:How hard is this game?

[Post New]by sisarow on Jul 22, 10 6:29 PM
I am asking the same question for the same reasons. I'll be waiting for a reply also.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 23, 10 2:46 PM
Hmmm - don't everybody talk at once! LOLOL
Looks like we may be waiting a while sisarow!

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Jul 28, 10 1:22 PM
IMO this game is very difficult and I have played alot of LF and Adventure games. You will definately need to use a walkthrough alot in this game as there are no real defined clues as to what to do next. Hope that helps.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Jul 28, 10 1:29 PM
Luckystar18 wrote:IMO this game is very difficult and I have played alot of LF and Adventure games. You will definately need to use a walkthrough alot in this game as there are no real defined clues as to what to do next. Hope that helps.

Very difficult is right, . I had to give up after 15 minutes.

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Jul 30, 10 6:13 AM
It is very challenging ... not an intuitive game. You have to rely on the walkthrough more than the storyline. I could not finish the game because the magical stones did not work for me after drawing the bull. With that being said, the games graphics are beautiful and the characters in the story are interesting. Too much concentration was spent on designing tricky puzzles, rather than focusing on a smoother progression of the legend unfolding.

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Jul 30, 10 7:18 AM
playing the game right now, in second cave, having a very hard time, just might have to take a peek at the walkthrough, but your right challenging

[Post New]by alfiedunn on Sep 15, 10 7:15 AM
i bought this game yesterday with no preview stupidly and wished i had'nt,if i hear "oh no my torch" again i'll do something violent. i cant do the second cave, i looked at walkthrough and dont understand instructions. i want a refund!|

bugsnuts
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by bugsnuts on Nov 27, 10 6:22 PM
This game is really hard, there appear to mini games after mini games, which i have had to consult the walkthrough othewise i would still be trying every combination for the first one, boring! I am currently stuck on trying to get rid of the damned bear (mini game) and i am not that far into the game, the walkthrough can't help, having a problem throwing the stones fast enough as i loose my mouse for a few seconds. Anyway, i think this game would be for the more experienced, too much for me, to the point that i am not enjoying it Good luck for the greenhorns like myself!! If nothing else it certainly is a challenge.

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Dec 27, 10 6:10 PM
Very.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Jan 10, 11 4:46 PM
took me about 3 days to get this bear but i did it, now i am stuck at the wall with the musical stones, just can't get it not even with the walk trough.
The bear needs speed and my pc is not all that fast, the deer are cool took a bit but it worked.
not an easy game but i do like it when I get those musical stones so i can proceed.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 10, 11 5:03 PM
There are several walkthroughs around if you do a google search.

One or two parts were so hard I looked up and watched youtube videos. They are invaluable!

Good Luck!

[Post New]by musicimprovedme on Apr 2, 11 10:13 PM
I think this game is lovely. It has a unique story line, a hearty challenge, and tons of unique mini-games to work out. You have to find various things to use in the game but this is NOT a hidden object game, for which I am truly grateful!

The game also runs pretty smooth. All that said, when I'm done, I plan to delete it because it is such a large file. I actually purchased this game a year or more ago, and got discouraged. Then the other day, I was looking through my account and remember I never gave it much chance and so I re-downloaded it.

I am thoroughly enjoying this time, the best and most creative I have played in a while!

There are a lot of walkthroughs to help you with the game, and I am working my way through it now. I think almost done. It is definitely a challenge but in my opinion, worth the brain power to solve these puzzles because they are just so unique and I find myself wanting to hear more of the story. My advice is do find a walkthrough if you have trouble. and don't let yourself get too discouraged without asking for help. However, just read enough to get the hints that you need and then go back to the game. Challenge yourself not to "cheat" until you are really stuck.

Actually my download of this game is kind of hard to minimize and then go look for help, a glitch, I'm sure. I have to save and close, then go looking, then close all other windows then reopen the game. If you need to take notes from your walkthroughs, do so, because going in and out of the game is tedious. When I'm not mucking around online, my game works very well.

Most times, the game will not let you screw up too bad, so just click around and try new things. Recognizing patterns and cause/effect relationships is pretty important in these kinds of games. If you can't make things work, talk to someone, go back and look for new pieces, or explore for a new view. Just scrolling around in this game the cursor changes when there is an interactive area of the board...often large flat rocks (which serve as a table) and areas near the campfires. Try all your inventory items in those places. Eventually you will figure out what is expected of you.

pkdream5
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by pkdream5 on Mar 18, 12 6:22 PM
This is my first LF game & soooo glad I used credit as it's really hard & I may delete it. Had 2 close it out 3xs & go to walkthrough. This game take tooo much thinking.

[Post New]by Arcanemuse on Apr 4, 12 1:08 AM
This thing is a nightmare. Even with the walkthrough, I can't get through this second part. I was doing OK and bought it and then I hit this. I have to use walkthroughs on every game as I always miss things and get lost. This thing has no clues no hints, no instructions, nothing. There is no object to this, you just stumble around and hope you can guess what somebody came up with for you to do. Unless you have an IQ well over 180, pass on this thing.

clare2470
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by clare2470 on Apr 21, 13 6:43 AM
Answer: VERY.[u]
I am persevering with it but have had to look at a walk through for some of it. It is not a clear story line and there are very few clues as to what you need to do next. I am a very experienced large file player but this one has had me stumped many, many times. The graphics are excellent though!
Must keep trying...

Go to: