goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Perfect example why timers MUST be optional...

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Jul 21, 10 1:32 PM
Here's a game I bought 3+ years ago because the story was great, game mechanics and originality were really good, graphics were good---I thought it was just an all around likable game. Except for the freakin' timer!! I have come back to this game a few times in the last couple years thinking it was worth another shot to go further into the game than I had before only to run into the same brick timing wall. I had always hoped it would be released with an optional timer and maybe increase its popularity, but alas, the game just faded into nowhere.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Perfect example why timers MUST be optional...

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jul 31, 10 9:12 PM
I agree. The lack of a timer-free option is a major reason why this game is going on my "maybe" list instead of my "yes" one. I don't like getting stuck. I wonder who thought that was fun?

CeeJayEss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Perfect example why timers MUST be optional...

[Post New]by CeeJayEss on Jan 2, 13 1:42 PM
I have played this game to conclusion many, many times in all of the ways it is possible to play it. I think it is a fantastic game and I am surprised that there has never been a second zoom book.

This is a hard game, a very hard game. Let me restate that once again, it's a very, very hard game. It starts easy, gets hard pretty quickly and descends into utter madness as you progress.

I can understand why many people will never finish this game. You can play this game in easy, normal and hard modes but to be quite honest once you get to level 60 and above there isn't much of a difference in game play no matter which option you have chosen.

This game would have appealed to far more people had it been given a truly casual game play mode. without timers, without tile splits etc.

Go to: