Thank you from the development team!

[Post New]by IplayDesigner on Jul 21, 10 3:14 PM
Hello -- I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted reviews and comments (positive or negative) about the game. I was the lead designer on Gatsby and the book and game are near and dear to my heart! The team worked very hard on the game and it's really gratifying to read such an interesting and spirited discussion about the novel, the time period, and the game itself.

We could not make games unless there were people to play (and hopefully enjoy) them, so thank you for taking the time to give Gatsby a try.

- Cara

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

Re:Thank you from the development team!

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Jul 21, 10 3:32 PM
Thank you Cara, for taking the time to come here and have a chat. I've tried the Great Gatsby and enjoyed the graphics and story but found it too easy. It is nice when a game has a choice of 'difficulty level' to please most people. It must be more costly to make it that way but in the long run you can get more people to buy it that way. Thanks again.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Jul 21, 10 3:51 PM
Thank you Cara, so nice when the developers come by, it's on my to-buy list as it looks and sounds wonderful and different.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 21, 10 3:51 PM
Hi Cara, your game is next on my list to buy, after the demo it got moved ahead of the other titles waiting, time constraints, I'm slow. Many of us overbought in July with a promo. I did not find it too easy at all, just an average casual game player but years of experience, found a little harder on small laptop screen and some small objects. But I loved the atmosphere you created within the era and will be a classic keeper for many of us. Just too many lost relatives on deserted islands we are sick of, so it is very refreshing.

The care that went into it and details, music, everything shines through and the total package and professionalism, creativity is really appreciated. Since I haven't played past an hour I really can't comment other than first impressions, and seeing it got 5 stars on another site reviews. First impressions sell me, and hope millions of other gamers are returning to you what you deserve through sales.
Thanks for joining in the discussions in the pond and congrats for a job well done.

sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by sunny64 on Jul 21, 10 5:53 PM
Hi Cara,

Congratulations for a well thought out game. I just finished it yesterday and really enjoyed it.

I liked the attention to detail in the various scenes and the whole setting and graphics were certainly in the era of the Jazz age. I know I will be playing this one again.

Thanks to you and your team.

[Post New]by roseginnym on Jul 22, 10 8:25 PM
Hi, Just finished the game...it was great ...very different and refreshing...I have never read the The Great Gatsby, so it had an added appeal....about 1/2 way through the game , I would stop playing and listen to the story...great book and great game...I really, really enjoyed it...hope you have plans for more of this type of game in the future...will defintely buy....Thanks again for a great job....I will be playing the game again, and again (:o)

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jul 22, 10 8:30 PM
I will be demoing the game within the next few days, and I'm already sure it will be a buy Will try to remember to write up a review ^__^

Thank you so much for stopping by. We love to see developers take an interest in what we have to say.

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Jul 23, 10 7:31 PM
Thank you for designing such a wonderful game, it's next on my list to buy. And I love the music, I've been humming along!

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Jul 23, 10 7:41 PM
Thank you Cara for such a wonderful game. I love the graphics, the music, and the gameplay. Love looking for extras like the books, the letters, and buying stuff for the Library is so much fun. Hope you can come up with more games like this.
Definitely worth buying.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 26, 10 3:52 PM
I had forgotten what a tragic story this is and the artwork in the game got me so immersed that I had to take a break near the end because I was crying. This was beautifully done, one of the best I've ever played.

Edited on 07/26/2010 at 3:52:41 PM PST

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Jul 26, 10 7:04 PM
I'm so glad to know that at least one development team actually reads our posts! I wish that all developers would do so, and learn from our comments and suggestions. No wonder The Great Gatsby turned out to be such a high-quality game! The developers actually care what we think. Thank you for reading the forums and for dropping by!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 26, 10 7:13 PM
Thank you Cara for a superb game!

LilSherlock
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by LilSherlock on Jul 26, 10 8:17 PM
Cara...

The week that "The Great Gatsby" came out..BF released two other great games, of those three games, I purchased all of them...LOL!

Gatsby was the second game of the three that I played, and I was totally immersed in the game from the beginning. I am a lover of word games, a lover of books and I love finding hidden objects...the game had those things in spades. I didn't find the game to easy or too hard...it suited me fine.

Instead of you thanking me for the review...just keep doing games of this quality and you will me patiently waiting for the next game you produce. Thank you for taking time to check in at the pond to acknowledge the feedback. Great job!!!

CJ aka LilSherlock

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jul 28, 10 6:47 PM
As promised, I have not only demoed the game, but finished it and added my review:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/120/106182.page#2052794

This was by far the longest review I've ever done - it took two posts to get it all down... and I still wasn't able to fit in everything I wanted to say.

I cannot express enough how impressed I am by the subtle nuances of animation during the hidden object scenes. So beautifully rendered and understated... which made it all the more impressive.

Kudos to the entire team. A beautifully done game, y'all should be proud.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 12, 10 11:24 AM
I hope they choose another Classic and make another game - well done!! While generally a Straight HOG - which normally doesn't interest me anymore - this was a really enjoyable gaming experience with several things to do in each scene and I have only played the demo so far! Wow, there are so many great things to say about this game that I am sure have been said in other threads - I am looking forward to finishing the game play after I purchase. In fact, I think I may start over as I tend to rush a bit in demos to see what all a game has to offer and this one is worth taking your time, enjoying the story and the graphics, etc... Thank you and kudos to the entire development team!!!

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Aug 12, 10 12:16 PM
I enjoyed the game Thank you!

ilikegame
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by ilikegame on Aug 17, 10 6:57 PM
I read the book and watched the movie many years ago, and could not even recall 1 word from the book.

However, just based on the game and storyline, I have to say " thanks for the good job!!"

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

Re:Thank you from the development

[Post New]by minxs on Aug 17, 10 9:36 PM
Cara, thanks for visitng here and for helping make such an enjoyable game. I was a huge fan of FSF in high school, and later lived a block from Summit Avenue in St. Paul. I went on the FSF walking tour of all the places he'd lived, and befriended the man who had bought the apartment where he was born! Those places have not changed a lot, and I really felt that I had seen through his eyes, so to speak.

I was listening to the Complete Stories of Dorothy Parker on CD at the time I played the game, and that gave me a contemporary feel for the period, especially the importance of alcohol and the way its use gave insight into the characters.

Please keep more games like this coming! True to the period and the book... maybe a Mark Twain story next?

Thank you from the development team!

[Post New]by Jemian on Sep 17, 10 4:47 PM
IplayDesigner wrote: I was the lead designer on Gatsby and the book and game are near and dear to my heart! The team worked very hard on the game and it's really gratifying to read such an interesting and spirited discussion about the novel, the time period, and the game itself.
- Cara

You did a FANTASTIC job. I especially love the music. I haven't read the book before but as I played the game I was drawn more and more into the plot. I am going to the library in the morning to check out the book. I was crying by the end. However, such a moral lesson can be found in it. Even the motifs of the literature were well represented.

I bought the game Wednesday. I've already played it twice and will be coming back to it more and more.

Great job. Thank you.

[Post New]by I_am_nancy on Sep 24, 10 3:05 PM
This is a beautiful game and I am enjoying it so much. I want to read the book again when I am done. Congratulations on a such a wonderful game. When can we expect your next game to come out?

Go to: