bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 22, 10 12:10 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 22, 10 12:27 AM
Downloading it. If it's as good as the first one I will buy it (not straight away this time as I've bee caught with the last Dream Chronicles, so short and "bad", really not worth the high price). Will let you know.....

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jul 22, 10 12:53 AM
I purchased the first and loved it. This looks like an awesome sequal. However, I do not need all the extras that go with it. Why doesn't BF offer a compromise deal? Just include the extra game play, minus concept art, wallpaper etc. Give it to us for 10.99. I would love to buy this game, but I say again, I do not need the other stuff. I guess I will just wait until the "short" version is available.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 22, 10 12:57 AM
On days like this, I see only the sunshine - no shadows!

Adventure HOG. The hint system is quite miser (you are given 12 hints, and have to collect mirrors for more), but the objects are clear and quite easy to find. You have to brush your brain cells, because you don't get much help from the hint system where to go and what to do...

The best I like are the...ghosts...which I have to revive. The plot is intriguing and enchanted.

Thanks developers! Thanks BF!!!

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jul 22, 10 1:25 AM
this game in my opinion is better than the first one ( i just finished the first one tonight so it would be fresh), you have to think more with this one, i love the mini games they are definitely different. the demo ended and i was like nooooo. so i am off to buy it. graphics were actually pretty good and the music not too bad. i revived the factory guard when demo ended. so this should be a long enough game.

i give this game 4 out of 5

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 22, 10 1:37 AM
After 10 minutes into the game I knew that I was going to be buying it as I just this sort of game and I am just hoping that the bonus adventure is worth the extra as I do not need any more wallpaper .

The graphics are good and I haven't turned the music off ... yet ... but there again I haven't played much of the game so we will see if it stays on in the background when I get round to playing the game which won't be just yet as I am already playing another game and I don't want to get ... yes I do know that is easy to do at my age thank you .

I enjoyed the only puzzle that I have played and I just know that I will enjoy the rest of the game, I can feel it.

C

ETA

This is one of the best bonus games I have played.

Edited on 08/07/2010 at 7:05:09 AM PST

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Jul 22, 10 1:39 AM
Why do i keep thinking that iv played this game before ? OMG bad memory i beta tested this game lol dizzy blonde great game tho

Edited on 07/22/2010 at 4:08:19 PM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 22, 10 1:43 AM
Excellent graphics, much better than expected from the dark screenshots on the D/L-page. A regular and an Advanced mode for gameplay, the latter w/o sparkling for active areas. There was also a question about "more tutorials" in the beginning, so should be feasible to turn most help off. I played on Reg mode so far and got quite a few hints on where to go next OR where to return to, lol.
Good explanations and Help screen. Custom crs can be turned off.
SG can only be opened from Extras-Menu, a little <sigh>, but Bonus game is included there - didn't need it yet . Items in H O-scenes are not strike-out, but replaced by new ones when found (for a while), but sparkle long enough to be recognized - have to say, they were good to recognize and to find anyway. The game also returns to the exact spot where you left, even in the middle of a H O scene.
Thrilling and fun to play, bought it w/o any further discussion after the trial.

Edited on 07/22/2010 at 1:44:46 AM PST

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jul 22, 10 2:06 AM
After a drought period, this looks promising. Haven't finished the demo and will save it for tomorrow since my pillow is calling. Regardless of how much I KNOW this is my type of game, I won't purchase the Collector's Edition. I NEVER WILL. I can buy another game for the cost difference and I have a lot of patience so can wait until it comes out at a regular price. I don't know why BFG does this but sure wish they wouldn't especially during this difficult economic period for most of us.

juttertje
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by juttertje on Jul 22, 10 2:26 AM
bought it immediately when I saw this morning that the game had been released. loved the first one and have played the demo. I know for sure that I"ll enjoy the second one too.

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Jul 22, 10 2:56 AM
About 5 minutes into the demo and I decided to buy the game...

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Jul 22, 10 3:21 AM
I loved the first Echoes of the Past also and when i saw this one i thought yippee....
the graphics are great..nice and clear...the puzzles are not quite as challenging as the first one yet they are still interesting
The music at times can be catchy
Now all I need do is decide buy it as a CE or be patient and just buy the mormal version

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Jul 22, 10 3:22 AM
meanbusiness wrote:I purchased the first and loved it. This looks like an awesome sequal. However, I do not need all the extras that go with it. Why doesn't BF offer a compromise deal? Just include the extra game play, minus concept art, wallpaper etc. Give it to us for 10.99. I would love to buy this game, but I say again, I do not need the other stuff. I guess I will just wait until the "short" version is available.

I agree entirely. I loved it (and the first one,too) but I will wait for the regular version at the regular price.

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Jul 22, 10 3:24 AM
tuttepeever wrote:After a drought period, this looks promising. Haven't finished the demo and will save it for tomorrow since my pillow is calling. Regardless of how much I KNOW this is my type of game, I won't purchase the Collector's Edition. I NEVER WILL. I can buy another game for the cost difference and I have a lot of patience so can wait until it comes out at a regular price. I don't know why BFG does this but sure wish they wouldn't especially during this difficult economic period for most of us.

Agree with everything, especially the drought period. I was wondering what happened to the good games!!!

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Jul 22, 10 3:25 AM
purplemist wrote: I loved the first Echoes of the Past also and when i saw this one i thought yippee....
the graphics are great..nice and clear...the puzzles are not quite as challenging as the first one yet they are still interesting
The music at times can be catchy
Now all I need do is decide buy it as a CE or be patient and just buy the mormal version

Remember purplemist---patience is not only a virtue, it is also CHEAPER.

Azeela
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Azeela on Jul 22, 10 3:26 AM
meanbusiness wrote: Why doesn't BF offer a compromise deal? Just include the extra game play, minus concept art, wallpaper etc. Give it to us for 10.99. I would love to buy this game, but I say again, I do not need the other stuff.

I'm totally agreeing here.. I just want the game, cause let's face it.. These games will never become those massive fan magnets like WOW or whatever.. Most of us will probably just play the game this one time - maybe two if we find out that we've missed something, but after that, we'll forget all about it untill the next in the series is launched.. So why even bother making the wallpapers etc? I don't get it..

I am however willing to pay more than usual, when the game is cool like this is.. But couldn't we just settle on $10.99 like suggested above, or maybe even double the price of a regular game.. To go almost triple on the price is a wee bit overkill I think..

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 22, 10 3:32 AM
I just finished playing the demo. It seems to be well made, and the puzzles weren't just the exact same as every other HOG. I did not have a problem with the hint system, and did not get stuck anywhere. The voice acting could have been better...

Actually, I didn't really enjoy this game demo too much - it just didn't ring any bells for me. It's predecessor frustrated the holy carp out of me, since I was newer back then to playing these IHOG things, so at least I can say that this one did not leave me running in circles, dazed and confused, before even getting thru the demo.

Glad some of you fishies are enjoying it though .

Edited on 07/22/2010 at 5:00:00 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 22, 10 3:34 AM
Am loving this game! A refreshing change from the last few HOGs on BFGs. Everything about it is fab; I just had to buy it today. Too good to wait a few weeks for regular version.
If we had one of these a day I'd be in iHOG heaven, and stony broke :-))

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Jul 22, 10 3:42 AM
Good graphics, tolerable music, a lot of interaction, good story. That's 4 pluses in my book. If I had to choose a negative it would be the character voice overs. I think they could have been done a whole lot better...but that's only my opinion. All in all a very good game.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 22, 10 3:53 AM
So I had to buy it to have it work.... Lovely graphics, turned the music on for a while to get an idea, it's OK but I will turn it off, so far so good. Object are cleverly hidden, it's bright and clear, mini games are new and very pleasant, story interesting and I love to play "during the past" (is that english ?), quite refreshing being away from cars, airplanes, etc. Great game. 5 (but I'm still very cross that I couldn't play the demo and only got a blank screen, so I was kind of forced to buy and I don't like that).

Go to: