bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 22, 10 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 22, 10 12:46 AM
Just as for Love Chronicles, Dark Parables, Haunted Manor : BLANK SCREEN. I bought these games, keeping my fingers crossed, and they worked fine. Still you're never sure and since I've been disappointed with games bought on "their good previous reputation", I do hesitate to buy this one. Downloading it again.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 22, 10 1:02 AM
2nd time : STILL BLANK SCREEN. You won, I bought it, it really has to work and to be good, otherwise I'll be really cross with BFG, I've had so many problems with games lately (blank screen access violation, game freezing -still not solved for me in Salem Witch Trial which I can't finish). I'll scream so loud if it doesn't work that you'll really hear me.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Jul 22, 10 3:20 AM
I opened up the trial and received a warning message that no sound device was detected and that all sound effects will be turned off. I went through a few minutes of the game and sure enough, completely silent. I exited game, checked volume on laptop to make sure not muted, nope. So I opened a different game to make sure I had sound and I did hear that game. I re-opened this game and immediately received same warning message that no sound device detected. I own and have played the first game a few times with no problems at all. This is the first time I have had this type of tech issue. Very sad, I was really looking forward to this game! I would appreciate any advice! (I also contact BFG customer service, but always get great advice from my fellow members too) FYI - I have an HP HDX laptop with Vista 64 and am current with drivers, etc. Thanks in advance!

SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by SoozUSA on Jul 22, 10 4:07 AM
I had the problem of the game flipping back to the "60 minutes left" screen. A simple reboot fixed it.

I would never, ever buy a game that did not work on the demo. Isn't that like taking a car for a test drive, having it break down but buying it anyway?

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Jul 22, 10 7:49 AM
It took me about 10 minutes before i could enter my name, game is sooo slow and works not fine for me, once again, the last few weeks so many games that i can t play and believe my computer is not old and up to date. Again so disappointed.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 22, 10 9:27 AM
SPOILER

i met the tavern keeper and he told me that he had a piece of the amulet to give me... then the game froze... closed it with task manager, but will retry and see what happens...

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 22, 10 9:54 AM
ok, was able to resume game with piece intact... but...

after dealing with the monk and his prayer beads... he came back - ???

also... is the game supposed to open it's game page on BFG every time it closes??

i just have this little 'glitchy' feeling about this game...

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jul 22, 10 10:57 AM
I have not demoed yet

BUT

When I beta tested the Game i could not play for the Game would open and then MY CURSOR WOULD NOT WORK

SO, I told them that I could not play it b/c of the problem!

That was about 6 to 8 weeks ago. ( if I remember right). I now it was a while bk

Going to DEMO it NOW

PEN

[Post New]by neptunegyrl on Jul 22, 10 12:59 PM
What's the solution for fixing the cursor? Everything on my computer is up to date, so there shouldn't be a reason for my cursor to stop working after the game starts. If there's a resolution for this, I'd like to hear it.

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by torriekay on Jul 22, 10 1:11 PM
Dee_H wrote:I opened up the trial and received a warning message that no sound device was detected and that all sound effects will be turned off. I went through a few minutes of the game and sure enough, completely silent. I exited game, checked volume on laptop to make sure not muted, nope. So I opened a different game to make sure I had sound and I did hear that game. I re-opened this game and immediately received same warning message that no sound device detected. I own and have played the first game a few times with no problems at all. This is the first time I have had this type of tech issue. Very sad, I was really looking forward to this game! I would appreciate any advice! (I also contact BFG customer service, but always get great advice from my fellow members too) FYI - I have an HP HDX laptop with Vista 64 and am current with drivers, etc. Thanks in advance!

I , too have no sound.

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Jul 22, 10 3:32 PM
Downloaded and installed w/out any issues. Loaded the game up to play, it loaded fine yet the cursor would NOT WORK at all, regardless if I used the custom cursor or PC cursor. Had to CTL/ALT/DLT to get out of the game. Uninstalled and re-installed but the same problem reared it's ugly head yet again!!! NOT GONNA BUY THIS ONE!!! Too bad, I loved the first one!

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Jul 22, 10 5:39 PM
AuBrnPeach wrote:Downloaded and installed w/out any issues. Loaded the game up to play, it loaded fine yet the cursor would NOT WORK at all, regardless if I used the custom cursor or PC cursor. Had to CTL/ALT/DLT to get out of the game. Uninstalled and re-installed but the same problem reared it's ugly head yet again!!! NOT GONNA BUY THIS ONE!!! Too bad, I loved the first one!

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Dee_H on Jul 22, 10 5:51 PM
torriekay wrote:
Dee_H wrote:I opened up the trial and received a warning message that no sound device was detected and that all sound effects will be turned off. I went through a few minutes of the game and sure enough, completely silent. I exited game, checked volume on laptop to make sure not muted, nope. So I opened a different game to make sure I had sound and I did hear that game. I re-opened this game and immediately received same warning message that no sound device detected. I own and have played the first game a few times with no problems at all. This is the first time I have had this type of tech issue. Very sad, I was really looking forward to this game! I would appreciate any advice! (I also contact BFG customer service, but always get great advice from my fellow members too) FYI - I have an HP HDX laptop with Vista 64 and am current with drivers, etc. Thanks in advance!

I , too have no sound.

I did a little research with the help of the 'game compatibility' help section and found an HP and Microsoft update dated yesterday.so...went through the updates, restarted and my sound came back! Not sure what system you are using (I have Vista 64 on an HP laptop), but with these most recent updates, plus a nvidia driver update from a few weeks ago, that may help you too. (I sure hope it does) I naively trusted my HP advisor, which usually tells me when there is an update available, but it did not for any of these! Actually, when I checked the first time last night, prior to my first post, it said I was up to date and no problems according to the dxdiag. I know, you would think I just came out of my cave for the first time and was handed my first laptop. What is this computer you speak of???

On the cursor issue, I frequently have this problem unless I blindly find/select the custom cursor in options section. Is your cursor disappearing/blinking or is it freezing? I had my display set up with a larger font and that messed up the cursor on a few games causing it to either disappear entirely and/or blink on and off when I moved it(discovered this when I went into a different user on same laptop with the default settings and cursor worked just fine for other users, which was quite annoying!) Not sure if any of these help, but I hope it helps someone! Happy gaming!

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Jul 22, 10 6:39 PM
Here's exactly my issue with the cursor freezing. It works fine while I'm in the game. Unfortunately, when I go out to the main menu to use the Strategy Guide and then go back to resume the game, that is when the cursor freezes. It's now happened three times.

Zigzy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Zigzy on Jul 22, 10 8:43 PM
I could not find any way to get the rope at the raft area, I deleted the game and am reinstalling to see if that fixes the problem..anyone else have a problem in this area? I did go back through all the areas twice to see if I missed anything, but no luck.

[Post New]by rf_bfg on Jul 23, 10 12:24 AM
similar problems as described by others here. Three reboots and a compatibility check later I managed to enter a name at the Security prompt, by deleting some Ws: the dialog box wouldn't recognise any keystrokes or display a button name. Once through, text and button names wouldn't display. Buttons in the Help section of the menu won't display, no way to exit or get back to the menu.

Methinks this hasn't been adequately tested.

Eight-month-old Win 7 laptop, complies with sys reqs (since I haven't seen Windows 7 listed as a compatible OS in the reqs of any BFG games, I've presumed it to be equal to Vista).

Disappointing.

Edited on 07/23/2010 at 12:25:11 AM PST

blood123
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by blood123 on Jul 23, 10 6:01 AM
i too am having the same problem with cursor freezing,not going to use stragedy guide anymore,very frustrating,hopefully i won't need it,very disappointing for 20.00

[Post New]by glory7000 on Jul 23, 10 6:24 AM
I have gotten all the way through to the hidden object scene where you must collect all the hooks. I am able to collect 14 of the 15 hooks. the 15th hook is not where the walkthrough says it should be and when trying to leave that scene my screen goes blank. I am then only able to get out of the game by using task master. I uninstalled the game and then installed it again. Started the whole game over and when I got to that **** scene the same thing happened again. Please help! Thank you.

[Post New]by jilliepepper on Jul 23, 10 7:50 AM
I have got the same problem cursor freezing, when i looked in the stragedy guide for the mirrows, had to use the task master to get out, tried again still no joy.

Go to: