bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Mac version of Faded Reality is here!

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 22, 10 12:14 AM
If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Faded Reality players.

If you need technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page. Or, if you’re a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat.

To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

bfgFlounder

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Faded Reality is here!

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jul 22, 10 5:54 AM
Glad I tried this before reading the reviews. I just can't understand the extremely negative reviews. It's a very traditional HOG with junkpiles, but it's a reasonably good example of that sort and a few of the mini games were unique. I'd probably only get it as a DD though.

I liked the finding of the letters to complete the word to find something underneath. The game is relaxing and pretty. I really liked the lantern mini game.

Pros The objects are well hidden, but not so tiny that they are impossible to find. It's not timed. There doesn't seem to be a clicking penalty. The hints refill quickly. Good graphics. Sound effects and musics are not annoying. You can skip mini games.

Cons - It is a junkpile type. It's very easy. Story and searches don't have much to do with each other. Can only save at the end of a chapter, which seems to be the two connected scenes. Storyline is just OK.

If you are searching for a game you just can't put down, this isn't it. There doesn't seem to be anything you need to remember between scenes, so you could play this for a while and come back to it weeks later. The developers seemed to be trying to do something different, which is great. With more work on the story it could have been much better.

Edited on 07/22/2010 at 5:56:43 AM PST

Go to: