worth buying?

Re:worth buying?

[Post New]by Ciska22 on Nov 4, 08 7:00 AM
I was playing the demo and made it to act 2. I'm already stuck. I'm not sure how many levels there are. I did buy it though because it has me stuck already lol

Edited on 11/04/2008 at 7:02:27 AM PST

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Nov 4, 08 7:09 AM
I downloaded the trial version and I would say it is worth buying. Getting a clue for finding two crowns in each scene is a real plus and I love the information about the palace and its history.

The game is fun and it had me stuck several times! Worth the price!

Lady

HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Nov 4, 08 8:44 AM
well, I bought and played it. Finished it w/in hours. Really really easy. BUT, the info about the palace was fun, and the graphics very clear. So, if you don't mind an easy, quick game...then YEP...worth buying!!

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Nov 4, 08 8:53 AM
I found it it a very easy game, but worth buying. Like the 'hint' system as well and all the info on Buckingham Palace

johnniewhiskey
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by johnniewhiskey on Nov 4, 08 1:58 PM
HolyCarp wrote:well, I bought and played it. Finished it w/in hours. Really really easy. BUT, the info about the palace was fun, and the graphics very clear. So, if you don't mind an easy, quick game...then YEP...worth buying!!

I agree. it was very short but I enjoyed it.

[Post New]by carolthescot on Nov 4, 08 4:14 PM
This is a brilliant game and I think it's worth buying.I love the info and the story-woohoo.
I'm still trying to figure out where the key to the clock goes but I'll get there-eventually-she said!! lol

spoorette
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by spoorette on Nov 4, 08 5:28 PM
I really like this and did buy it. I am stuck though. Can anyone tell me how to get the birds out of their nest. I have put up the bird feeder, filled it and used the cork screw on it, but I still get the message that the birds need more intiseing to get them out of the nest. How do I do that?

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Nov 4, 08 7:15 PM
can somebody tell me how many acts (levels) are there ? In the 1 hour demo, I got to act 4 and I'm still thinking about buying this game ....!

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Nov 5, 08 8:44 AM
Fun, but a bit too easy. The history is interesting, though. Worth buying for anything less than normal $19.95.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 5, 08 8:50 AM
I played the demo and enjoyed the game. I found items were a little too easy to find though a few were a little more difficult. I've added this to my "maybe" list for now since I still have several Octoberfest games to finish.
...Does the game get more complex beyond the one-hour demo?

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

[Post New]by blingykins on Nov 7, 08 1:54 PM
I don't play with sound .. so I might just go ahead and spend a game credit on this one

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 7, 08 2:48 PM
I thought this was worth a game credit- Not the best out there, but enjoyable

[Post New]by karadactyl on Nov 11, 08 5:01 PM
I haven't yet decided whether or not it's worth it to buy. It was pretty easy. I thought hidden mysteries civil war was much more challenging, definitely more worth the money. Civil War and the upcoming MCF are the only two games I know for a fact I'm going to purchase. Otherwise I'm going to demo a few more and decide.
Good luck! :-)

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Nov 14, 08 2:50 PM
I loved this one - great information on the history of the palace. The little challenges were also fun and getting extra hints with the crowns is a plus, will play it through again

amen123
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by amen123 on Nov 14, 08 2:59 PM
cesse47 wrote:I played the demo and enjoyed the game. I found items were a little too easy to find though a few were a little more difficult. I've added this to my "maybe" list for now since I still have several Octoberfest games to finish.
...Does the game get more complex beyond the one-hour demo?

Cesse47,

I found it amazingly simple. while the history was fabulous, good graphics, detail of the rooms was quite interesting, I found the crown hints harder to find than the objects. I think I finished it in a little over 2 hours, so to answer your question, I didn't see that it got more complex, only easier because you go back to the same rooms looking for the same objects. I don't want to taint any one, but I give it a big

Hope this helps!! Also, trust that you are having a fabulously wonderful day!! Blessings to you!!

gellyitaly
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by gellyitaly on Nov 14, 08 3:08 PM
Martyheinz wrote:Fun, but a bit too easy. The history is interesting, though. Worth buying for anything less than normal $19.95.

for a game club credit of $6.99 it's worth it.

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Dec 9, 08 9:40 AM
I guess several of you have finished this game by now, so I need to know, is it worth buying? I enjoy these type of games but not if I am unable to solve the puzzles. Is there a complete walkthrough for this game?

Thanks for your input

shastac2

zajda
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by zajda on Dec 30, 08 11:18 AM
It was NOT worth buying. I played the 1 hr trial, bought the game, and finished the whole thing in another 30 min.
It was not worth buying. Wish I knew.

moosemama
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by moosemama on Jan 4, 09 9:42 AM
Not as good as Hidden Mysteries: Civil War. That was a great game. This one was boring and didn't have the imagination their others games had, C-

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 4, 09 9:53 AM
I liked it better than Civil War, which had too many teeny tiny items.

Go to: