Outer Space!

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

Outer Space!

[Post New]by linda43416 on Apr 11, 18 12:13 PM
Yea! New world today, I am finding it quite challenging. Can't wait for some of you great players to get on here with some of your very helpful advice. I have a feeling we are really going to need it. Have fun, check in later for other people's thoughts.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:Outer Space!

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 11, 18 3:52 PM
Yes! I just opened my game and it took me directly to LUNAR BASE (though it looks anything but)! Haven't played yet, will revert later if I find anything worth mentioning. Enjoy!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 11, 18 7:54 PM
Oh my, oh my.

This world is going to take me a while to get through. Spring Events going on in two other games I play are taking up some of my time. But finding out World 18 is going to be a little more challenging is definitely going to take some patience. It took 3 lives just to get through level 1

Looking forward to playing this new world in my free time.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Apr 12, 18 7:35 AM
So far it looks like-no more extra boosts on gift box, need to get key and use to get through gate. Level one of this game seems to be asking for boosts! Other 2 levels will be hair pulling time I'm afraid! Don't know what to think yet, hope it's not so challenging as to be not any fun at all. Happy gaming.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 12, 18 10:39 AM
I miss Worlds 16 and 17 already.

Back to the impossible levels again. Well... at least there was a bit of fun for a couple of worlds. I finally made it up to the first gate. But getting the key is a test of patience.

Good luck everyone who is working through World 18

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Apr 12, 18 10:24 PM
Back to the harder worlds with 18. I have many potions and red flies to cash in for more potions. I'm hoping that may help a bit. I do see it is going to require boosts and extra moves that will be needed. I'm stuck at the 2nd gate trying to get the last 2 dog bones for the key. Guess they fixed that glitch where the key was already at the gates. Good Luck to all.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 13, 18 9:06 AM
I never understood the hype about how easier the couple of previous worlds were. For me they were actually only marginally easier, but were made substantially so only because of the glitch that skipped the item requirement. Once that was fixed, it was back to same old, more or less. I was in the middle of one of these worlds when it happened and it was really painful.

World 18 has several very difficult levels, and I am also still struggling at gate two for the bones. I've only made it to the second level using some boosts, while the third one seems undoable, particularly those that have the purple and the blue stones, with very few matching fireflies available. Fortunately I have amassed a few coins and duplicate stickers while waiting and I think I'll have to spend them all!

Edited on 04/13/2018 at 9:07:53 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 13, 18 12:40 PM
If you're lucky enough to get to level 41 world 18 lunar base - Good luck getting past it without boosts.

I just could not make enough points. Either I was waaaayyyy short on points or I got the points but could not collect enough blue fireflies. Never could get both points and fireflies.

Maybe someone will get luckier than me and manage to pass the level without boosts. If you do I would love to hear about it on the forum. It would certainly deserve bragging rights . Me... I used extra moves several times.

Now stuck on level 43. This world is TOUGH !!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 13, 18 12:49 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for your feedback about Sir Match-a-Lot's latest world. I'll definitely pass this message along to the appropriate teams, so please don't hesitate to let us know specific levels that were particularly challenging. It's also helpful to know what has made a level tricky to beat. Your time and efforts are sincerely appreciated. Please have a lovely weekend.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 13, 18 12:57 PM
silver_hawk, I agree. Level 41 was the WORST. I'm now at level 44 and going back for the bananas to get the key for this next gate. AND going "bananas" in the process. One thing I've now figured out, the name of this game, Sir Match-a-Lot, is just the shortened version of the name. The REAL name is Sir Match-a-Lot-of-Boosts !

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 14, 18 8:12 AM
I think that level 41 was very difficult, but no more than many other levels so far. In fact, I found it easier than some of the other levels, because here you have at least a strategy to follow. The problem with this level is the high amount of points required, which is very difficult to achieve because the board isn't wide enough to make enough boosts, as it consists of two parts of just 3 columns each. So, the way to go about it is to focus entirely on making matches next to the firefly-hives (or whatever those things are called), particularly horizontal ones between the hives, where each match fills both hives simultaneously. This will create frequent cascading and there's a high chance to achieve the point score sooner or later, while the blue firefly requirement is automatically reached, you do not have to worry about it. I passed level 41 on the third attempt, where I lost, but because I was close enough I spinned the wheel and got lucky for a change and got the 5 needed moves! Well, there are many levels, where I have used more boosts than that! But I usually only try 3 to 5 times, I have no patience to try endlessly like others do.

By contrast, level 43 (like several other levels) is doomed to fail, since you have only 30 moves to destroy some 60 tiles, half of which are located at the top and bottom and are almost isolated from the rest of the board by horizontal ledges, and each of those tiles has 5 layers to destroy!!! I don't see how this can be accomplished and I failed miserably several times, even after using some boosts along the way! In the end, I had to use before starting one set of fireworks and one set of trinkets, but was unlucky because they were all bombs, which are no good in this case, since the tiles are isolated. I finally managed to create some line boosts and I used them with the fireworks and passed at the last minute, but I could easily have failed, even with all those boosts.

Yes, this world is quite difficult, and unless you want to try endlessly, be prepared to use a lot of boosts. I would say that so far, the levels that I passed without any boosts are less than 30%.

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 14, 18 8:43 AM
Update. I'm currently at level 77 collecting fireflies to get through the gate. 3,000 of each color are required. The easiest level to get them is 47. I've played it LOTS of times and received LOTS of fireflies AND no boosts are needed.

On the flip side, levels 56 and 66 are TOUGH! Level 56 may have a glitch. The middle box does not refill. All said, I've needed boosts to continue on a little over half of all the levels. Good luck to all. You'll need it!!!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 15, 18 8:22 AM
Levels 45 to 77 are generally easier, with many of them being passable without boosts on first or second try. Also, the french fries at levels 40ish to 50ish are noticeably easy, except for the last one. However, the difficult levels inbetween seem more difficult and I had to use several boosts on each, particularly for 76. When I tried the second stage on the easier levels to get some coins, I couldn't pass them on first try, I was not even close, in fact.

Edited on 04/15/2018 at 8:24:20 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 15, 18 9:31 AM
Congrats Fred and eli for making it to the levels in the 70's.

Thunderstorms and internet provider outage had me off my computer for almost two days. So... back to the game and still on level 43. Glad to hear there are a few passable levels to look forward to playing.

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 15, 18 10:39 AM
Silver_hawk, since you're the Maven of Computer Games, you probably had withdrawal symptoms while your internet was down! I'm guessing that although some (make that a lot of) levels are hard, you'll still use less boosts than I used. I'm currently at level 99. Since 5,000 of each of the colored fireflies are now needed, I'm in the process of sending the airship and repeating level 47. I've repeated level 47 LOTS of times, gathered LOTS of fireflies and NEVER used a boost there. Good luck to you and all.

irishlavender
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by irishlavender on Apr 15, 18 10:42 AM
I definately agree with you guys about this being a very hard world! I've been using tons of boosts to get by and by. Now at the last 10 levels and preparing to use another "ton" of boosts before the world is done with...
Oh, and then there are the third tiers to go! Boy, is this fun or what! Just kidding, playing by own choice as are we all

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 15, 18 11:12 AM
Wow! Fred and irish. Way to go .

I made it past 43 and 44. Now trying to get two more bananas to get the key so I can get past the L44 gate.

I'm not in a major hurry. No telling when the next update will be. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have an event for a hour or more of infinite lives reward. I'll keep plugging away and if the level looks impossible and I can't get through it after about 5 to 10 tries I'll use boosts. After playing a few times always gives me an idea of which boosts I want/need to use.

I haven't used any of the red firefly rewards yet. Maybe this is a good time to check and see which ones would be handy. I keep forgetting about them. No sense letting them just sit there for no reason, huh?

irishlavender
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by irishlavender on Apr 15, 18 11:20 AM
Dear silver_hawk,
Now is definately THE time to use red fireflies! I've used them three times to buy boosts, to get a few extra coins plus to get extra moves (all these combined times 3 ) They have improved to be extremely important, I highly recommend!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 17, 18 8:20 PM
I made it to level 78

Now the question is if I can make it to the end before April 30th just so I can celebrate on the forum one last time .

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 18, 18 6:44 AM
silver_hawk wrote:I made it to level 78

Now the question is if I can make it to the end before April 30th just so I can celebrate on the forum one last time .

Well done! Yes, I'm sure you can manage it. In fact, the nineties are quite easy. I'm still stuck at 99, waiting for more fireflies to arrive. Too upset by the recent events to replay 47 as Fred suggested.

Go to: