FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

I knew I shouldn't have gotten this game!

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Apr 11, 18 3:40 PM
I read the thread on Level 92, but I'm having no luck in getting the Level completed

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:I knew I shouldn't have gotten this game!

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 11, 18 9:24 PM
I'm surprised you're having this much difficulty since you completed Pretty Snails (which IMO was a harder game than Penguin Rescue, since I was able to complete PR without ever spending coins, but have never been able to do that in PS) and all of Intersol's games play exactly the same. As I'd mentioned earlier, they even copy a good part of each game over and over and over into every "clone" they make. I looked at the older level 92 thread and I seem to remember this had a lot of super penguins and bomb penguins on the right side which all want to explode right away when you make the first combo of the bomb + super the game wants. I used the left side after blowing up all the stuff on the right with the first combo and it's a matter of getting a little lucky with the bigger matches but is doable.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Apr 13, 18 10:49 AM
Interesting that I found Pretty Snails easier while you think Penguin Rescue is easier. I have played Level 92 more times, but I'm getting no blessings here at all! I get one done every once and a while, but can't do two at all

Edited on 04/13/2018 at 10:50:03 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 13, 18 11:06 AM
There's always the buy your way out of any level by replaying the free gold levels first until you have a good stash of coins and then buying as many powerups as you need.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Apr 13, 18 5:08 PM
I actually don't think power ups help when you have to create "special" pieces. A super penguin you buy can't be used on these levels. At least they didn't work for me. Believe me I tried!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 13, 18 8:47 PM
If you use the free move booster to move adjacent pieces around and/or the remove tile booster (I think it's the candy cane?) then making the super penguins and bomb penguins is more a matter of pattern recognition with seeing how you can remove things in the way to get the pieces lined up correctly to either make the special penguins required, or to align the special penguins for the merge. You get a bomb penguin for an L or T shaped M5 and M4s aren't too hard to get. The free moves and candy canes can be bought directly from the M3 boards using your gold.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Apr 14, 18 9:12 AM
The board just lights up like the 4th of July for me! If it was a level I needed multiple explosions I would have a hard time getting them! When I don't need them they are all over the place.

This is a big area of weakness for me: "super penguins and bomb penguins is more a matter of pattern recognition with seeing how you can remove things in the way to get the pieces lined up correctly to either make the special penguins required, or to align the special penguins for the merge".

I'm sure you probably know by now that I don't have decent "pattern recognition"

I don't use the free move boosters or the candy canes too much so I'll add them into the mix to see what happens.

It gets me these games look like games for children and I can't do them

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Apr 14, 18 10:01 AM
Got it Of course, it always helps if you remember exactly what you need! The names of the penguins seems so similar to me that I get confused on exactly what is needed

Go to: