Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Facade: Broken Sacrament Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 12, 18 12:43 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/12/2018 at 8:16:15 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Facade: Broken Sacrament Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 12, 18 2:44 AM
Sorry if this offends ones that like the game, but I find the game very repetitive of other games in the past & boring!
Its well made, no tech problems.
A father & owner of estate gets killed & ones think its his dead wife that did it, but it suspicious & could be that someone of older children are involved! Maybe because his new wife is pregnant & if she doesn't stay on the island her unborn child wont be a heir to the estate.So it seems someones trying to scare her off, so that she leaves before the child's born. You the detective have to solve the case!

Edited on 04/12/2018 at 1:03:52 PM PST

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Facade: Broken Sacrament Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by leacraw on Apr 12, 18 7:54 AM
The game just didn't grab me but that's due to the whole series not being one of my favorites. That said, I may purchase when a good sale comes out.
Game play has a quirk, the hint directed me to a close-up but then said there wasn't anything to do there. I back out of the scene and the hint tells me to in there again but this time the hint works. I'm not sure if I'm mis-clicking or not. I'm leaving a comment in the tech thread about it. As always, try for yourself.
Happy gaming
lea

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 12, 18 8:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Grim Facade: Broken Sacrament Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Grim Facade: Broken Sacrament Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Apr 12, 18 10:48 AM
I found this to be another boring, repetitive game. And on top of that puzzles everywhere! In a couple of places, and I didn't even finish the demo, you'd complete a puzzle and there would be another puzzle, complete that and guess what ANOTHER puzzle. To get out of a room (and I was only in the second one) you would have to complete a whole bunch of silly puzzles, more time consuming than challenging.

Same old boring stuff.

No buy.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Apr 12, 18 11:34 AM
What do they mean in the Extras that there are an equal amount of puzzles and hos...14? That is inaccurate and misleading. All I was doing in this demo was puzzle after puzzle, some you could not skip. I didn't finish because of it. The one hos I came across was finding bell parts...then HAVING to put it together...another puzzle to do. It doesn't matter if puzzles seem to be a no brainer by some, they are what they are and should have a skip. I don't want to be forced to do them. And if their idea of matching a few flowers and lily pads in a mini is a hos, they can keep this game. The overabundance of puzzles imbalances this to a point of no enjoyment.

Is there supposed to be a story here? You wouldn't know it with all of the monotonous tasks you have (as well as all the puzzles one right after another). You are putting coins in the boatman's hand one at a time...finding "no...not...n'ts" in a multi page document you have to read (what fun)....putting a net together to catch a fish for a cat, which you cannot skip....finding parts for figures and then having to glue them...extinguishing a fire...placing snake parts in a scene...and how about putting the bullets in a gun one at a time? Isn't that great? There is also a multitude of inventory that requires parts...and many conversations you choose or skip. All this crap does is take away from the game and story, making gameplay an utter bore.

The collectibles also leave much to be desired....boat medallions...and large G + F letters...huh?...also coins to find to "decorate" your boat. Doesn't float mine. There are some morphs, too, but with all the other noise you have to do, I didn't care.

Because the graphics are so excellent in this, I am utterly disappointed. This had so much potential to be an enjoyment and instead, this demo was one BIG bore and even bigger CHORE. What a shame.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 12, 18 1:07 PM
This series started out really well, but has become very hit and miss, IMO. Red Cat was a hit, but this one? As the last two, another miss. Perhaps a new series is the answer? At any rate, same old same old is not a feature. Perhaps when the SE comes out...but certainly not the CE.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Apr 13, 18 12:00 PM
If you like relaxed or are in the mood for relaxed with no challenge you may like this one. I counted 5 hops in the trial. I love how large the scenes are and the extras from this maker. I liked the jigsaw to repair the bell and the code to ring the bell. Matching pairs are also fun for me as long as it's not symbols, which this one had matching water lilies and lily pads.

I'm not jazzed to play a man but they need some games too. Didn't care for the negative word hops. So far a mystery/ ghost story that I didn't find icky.

Fewer games have screensavers which I like using for a while. This one has 5. You have replayable 14 hops, 14 mini-games, 20 movies and 4 music.12 wallpapers. Concept art and achievements. 27 morphs and collectible yacht tokens to renovate your yacht. I'll probably get the CE on sale some time.

I liked The Red Cat CE also in this series as well.

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 7:20:39 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 15, 18 3:59 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story to others. Graphics aren't bad in this addition, and I didn't notice much in the way of blurring when going in and out of close up scenes. Game play was very good. Voices were age and character appropriate and we seemed to have a fair amount of character interaction. The one thing I do not care for it the need to choose dialog. Why, just say it and get on with the game! We can click through dialog if we read faster than they speak, and not miss any of the story or clues. Colors aren't too bad, even though we are in a dark and dreary place. The sound FX we quite nice and the storm was realistic. Wonder why the crows were scared off by a gunshot, but not the thunder and lightening. Animation was well done and movements were smooth.

HOPs are nothing new and items are not difficult to find. I did not see that we could switch to something else if we get bored with the same old HOPs. Puzzles were fairly simple, and took no time or thought to complete. Map was helpful and did indicate if a collectible was missed. Hint often did not give one, but said "nothing more..." Frustrating.

Collectibles were disappointing. We coins to collect and then use to update a yacht. These yacht coins are quite large and not easy to overlook. We also have 27 morphing items, which again, are not difficult to pass up. No challenge here at all.

Maybe I'm just tired of this series. The story is the same, the sounds are the same and it just doesn't have the excitement that the first few had years ago. There wasn't anything that made me want to buy it. I'm sure a beginner would find this one entertaining, but I don't see that it's all that for a seasoned gamer. I will recommend it for beginners only.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the review. Play on!

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Apr 27, 18 4:44 PM
Aww, well, this was my first Grim Façade, and I liked it, at least the demo. It's on my list to buy in a sale. Richly colored and pretty graphics, however, the animations during speaking weren't very well synced but anyway. Held my interest and the mini games were cute and doable for me in casual mode. Messing around in a mausoleum may not be everyone's fave thing to do but you have to do it. Didn't care to give a cat an ornamental goldfish to get it out of the way--game developers: let's trim these little cruelties, OK? The storyline is a familiar theme of familial betrayal and revenge from beyond the grave. The graphics and their detail is what kept me interested, as well as the collectables and the pretty custom pointer/hints icon.

Hey, I like it, what can I say?

lamp_post
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by lamp_post on Apr 30, 18 8:03 AM
I have been trying for 2 days to get through this game and it is a trek....Wow...It truly does have so many puzzles that I have lost track of the story line. I am going to keep on trekking because somewhere in here is a story I believe. I think once I finish I will play it again knowing what to expect and then perhaps I will understand what is going on. I get the puzzles but have definitely lost the story line.
Do not let this keep you from trying this game. The graphics are beautiful.

Go to: