Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Tribloos 3 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 12, 18 12:49 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/12/2018 at 8:11:50 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Tribloos 3 here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 12, 18 8:11 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

meknow
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by meknow on Apr 12, 18 8:22 AM
Aymes, why is the game not saving when I exit and return? When I open it again it has gone back two levels that I have already played. Using Windows Vista. Thank you.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Apr 12, 18 8:27 AM
As a tried and true Tibloos fan, this was crushing -- there is no way to get it to display as a full screen on my non-widescreen monitor. I have a 19" lcd monitor in the 4:3 shape. I own and successfully play hundreds of BigFish games on this very computer and monitor.
But alas, T-3 displays as a widescreen shape centered on my 19" screen. Unchecking the "full screen" box only further reduces the widescreen shape to a tiny widescreen shape centered in the middle.
I'm sure I'm not the only person who has a lcd monitor in the 4:3 configuration because it gives a larger visual field making it possible for senior eyes to more comfortably enjoy these games.
Most developers still program their games to accommodate both widescreen and non-widescreen. Will you please update this game so the display will be actual full screen?

Edit to add this question: Was this game developed for tablets? This display on my 19" monitor is only 8" in height centered on my 11-1/2" tall monitor. In other words, there are black bars approx 1-3/4" running across the top and the bottom of my screen. Any idea how tiny that makes my favorite little blue guys?

Eta one other point: tried changing resolution to all the available settings and absolutely nothing changed the size/position of the widescreen view. This tells me that it is designed in this...and only this... configuration, unlike games not designed for tablets that can be displayed differently when screen resolution is changed.

Edited on 04/12/2018 at 8:53:40 AM PST

[Post New]by sbdavid on Apr 12, 18 8:30 AM
Using Windows 10. Game won't play. Get access violation. I have tried all recommendations in help and even turned off virus software--nothing works. I have 100s of games and never had this problem on game start.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Apr 12, 18 9:12 AM
Hi all I'll try and respond the best I can to your issues.

meknow: I've tried to replicate this here and have not been able to. It suggests that the user file is not saving but that would usually cause a bigger error. Are there any other strange things happening such as it asking you to type in your name again?

kdubs: this is making me sad It was never my intention to make the game hard for you to play. I designed this game to be played in widescreen modes with 16:9. I had completely opposite complaints from others when I designed the previous two in 3:4 aspect.

The main problem with adapting it (and I'm not saying I won't, I'll certainly see if I can improve the visual range of the game) is that it won't affect the actual playable area of the game because the shape of the levels is also in "widescreen" as it were. I'll have to have alternate versions of the levels that would fit more nicely in 3:4 to achieve this properly. Quite a bit more work! Like I said, I'll certainly give it a go but it's not a quick job to do that properly.

I developed it for widescreen because according to all the latest PC gaming stats 16:9 and similar displays are more common these days. I know that's not helping you but wanted to at least explain the design decision.

sbdavid: As that's a game launch issue I am required to defer to BFG support (please see official post above).

meknow
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by meknow on Apr 12, 18 9:20 AM
Aymes, thank you for answering. No, everything is going along well except for the level saving issue. I bought the game, uninstalled and re-installed, and so far have replayed level 5 five times. On the level screen it shows level 4 and 5 as not being played yet.

johnski
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnski on Apr 12, 18 9:20 AM
Having a problem opening the game on my windows 10 laptop. The game shows up on the task bar but does not open nor do I get an error message. I have to use the task manager to close it. But it is working fine on my windows 7 desktop.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Apr 12, 18 9:31 AM
johnski: That's one for BFG Support as it falls outside of what I'm allowed to help with. Please see post above.

meknow: Ok so to clarify, when you look at the level select screen are you seeing levels 4 and 5 as buttons or only 1 to 3?

meknow
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by meknow on Apr 12, 18 9:36 AM
Aymes, when I look at the levels screen I see about 10 tan squares. Levels 1-3 are colored. Level squares for 4 and 5 have gone back to tan. Tribloos 2 does not have this issue. It saves just fine.

Edited on 04/12/2018 at 9:45:32 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 12, 18 9:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry that there have been troubles with The Tribloos 3. I'm swimming by to provide some more troubleshooting support.

Sometimes, when a game won't open or receives an access violation, it can be useful to check and see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver controls how a computer's graphics display and its developers regularly release new versions to keep everything running smoothly. It can also help to run the game in Administrator Mode to increase its permissions. The help articles below will walk you through those processes.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Also, if a game is not displaying properly on your screen, using the monitor's 'Auto-adjust' feature can often help. The way this feature appears may vary depending on the model of the monitor. Please check the monitor for a button labeled Auto-Adjust or Auto. If you don’t see a button with one of those labels on the monitor itself, try checking the monitor's menu options.

Please email our Technical Support Team if the steps I suggested don't resolve your issue or if I haven't addressed your inquiry. Thank you for your patience, and thank you aymes for taking the time to provide help and insight.

I hope everyone has a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Apr 12, 18 10:06 AM
Thanks Beruna!

meknow: I've discovered what's happening for you, I'm really pleased you posted this on the forum about this! So thank you I've contacted BFG support myself and I'll hopefully get back to you with an update soon.

meknow
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by meknow on Apr 12, 18 10:09 AM
Good job, Andy. Thank you.

LanaPook
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by LanaPook on Apr 12, 18 2:36 PM
Hi I also can not get the game to play. There is an icon at the bottom of the screen but the game will not boot. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing. This is sooooooo disappointing. I loved the previous 2 games and have played them multiple times. I have lots of BigFish Games and do not have this problem with them. I hope you will address this issue as I bought it without trying the demo first. Please fix it! Thanks!!!!

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Apr 12, 18 2:58 PM
Just a note that I am playing the game on Windows 10 version 1607. When people say they are using Windows 10 they should realise that there are quite considerable changes in the different versions of Windows 10 and that may be a problem as well. I also have C drives with Windows 10 version 1703 and version 1709 so will try and test the game on each of those to see if the problem lies with a Windows upgrade or something else.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Apr 12, 18 4:18 PM
meknow: An update has been released for the game. For the levels to display right, and I do apologize for this, you'll need to create a new profile in the game. You can of course continue with your existing profile but I recommend starting a new one for a better overall game experience. You'll probably notice a difference in how the levels are then displayed in the level select.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 12, 18 4:24 PM
Hello LanaPook,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm really sorry the game can't be played. It sounds like the game might be minimized. Let's try adjusting some of the settings on the Big Fish Games app with these steps:

1. Right-click on your Big Fish Games app icon and select Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab, and on that screen check the boxes next to Disable Visual Themes and Disable Desktop Composition, then click OK.

After completing these steps, as long as you have the Big Fish Games app open when you launch your game, these setting adjustments should prevent the game from minimizing.

Please email our Technical Support Team if those steps don't resolve the issue. Have a lovely evening.

bfgBeruna

meknow
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by meknow on Apr 12, 18 4:24 PM
Thanks a bunch for fixing this.

perrik
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by perrik on Apr 12, 18 5:34 PM
I was about to click the BUY button (having enjoyed the previous Tribloos games) but luckily checked the app first... Apple has already killed off 32-bit apps in iOS 11.0 and it looks like they're about to do the same for MacOS apps.

Tribloos 3 was released as a 32-bit app, and I got a warning upon launch that it's not optimized. I confirmed in System Information that it's not 64-bit.

Are there plans to revise the Mac version of Tribloos 3 so we can keep playing it?

[Post New]by Leanie1313 on Apr 12, 18 7:42 PM
I am using windows 8. Game was working great until I downloaded the update. Now display is partial screen. Please fix soon.
Leanie

Thanks for the fix in the latest update!

Edited on 04/13/2018 at 9:10:38 PM PST

Go to: