bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 23, 10 12:42 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 23, 10 12:51 AM
I like it - I bought it.
(It did make me laugh though, that the first thing requested of the brave heroine pilot was to "tidy up" the front yard)

Edited on 07/23/2010 at 12:54:58 AM PST

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jul 23, 10 1:21 AM
I thought the heroine was going to be Amelia Earhart, lol, just from the way she looked! And, it is really hilarious that her first job was to tidy up, jkuci.

I finished the first chapter in about 35 minutes, maybe closer to 40. Since there are 5 chapters, that makes the game a little over 3 hours long if you go by the 40 minute time, so not too bad!

The graphics were crisp and clear and the items somewhere between easy and 'just right' to locate. There were a couple of times I had to stop and think what a certain item actually was.

There is no timer and I clicked around a few times and didn't get a penalty of any kind for random clicking, but I only clicked 5 or 6 times. If you don't know what an item is you can click on it with your pointer and it will show the outline, which is helpful in a pinch - especially when you have no idea what the item they are talking about looks like.

The puzzles are, from the few I did, unique, but no challenge whatsoever. The first was repairing the front door lock to get inside the house. Poor 'grandpa' must have been starving with a broken door, lol.

This one is a definite buy for me. I was disappointment that yesterday's game was a CE, but this makes up for it (oh, I'll buy the regular version of it, too). Thanks a bunch, BF!

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Jul 23, 10 1:30 AM
i agree with boss cat a definet buy for me to thank you besstan

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Jul 23, 10 1:32 AM
sorry bossbrat got your name wrong so sorry besstan

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 23, 10 1:52 AM
Really enjoying this one! A refreshing change from the usual HOG/iHOG. Love the way you're tidying everything up so have to femember what you find and where it goes!
Music fine, super graphics, enjoyable puzzles..............
Two super games on the trot.............thanks BFG!

belamba

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Jul 23, 10 1:53 AM
It seems like an okay game, but can someone tell me why the walkthrough pictures are so much clearer and brighter than when I play the game?

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Jul 23, 10 1:57 AM
Very nice game. Excellent graphics and the music is outstanding. It's a real shame the developer did not add voice overs for the characters. Perhaps they did not want to overshadow the music. Fairly easy game play but not so easy as to be boring. Objects are crisp and well defined. There is a tiny bit of lag loading scenes but the quality of the game far surpasses a little lag. That I can live with. No timer, standard hint recharge, but overclicks will get you a sizzle. Definitely a buy here.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 23, 10 2:17 AM
Very nice game! I has beautiful clear graphics, interesting story and interaction. There is no timer but there is a tiny penalty for too much clicking, your curser will fry - Lol!

Some items are very small. I would have a hard time finding them on my desktop but not so bad with my laptop (I am closer to the screen).

TIP: Often there will be two or more of what you seek. Once you find an item, watch where it goes. It might go into your inventory or it might go into it's rightful place in the scene. If you need to find more than one of something, and you find one and it goes into the scene. you can't get it again. You will get a message that you have already found that item. This threw me the first time it happened. The second time, I saw the item that I had found move into place in the scene and knew not to click it so I looked for and found another.

Mini games are good. You can skip them if you like but during the Demo they were not difficult.

I purchased this one, it is very enjoyable.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 23, 10 2:38 AM
I just finished playing the game demo. Very Excellent! It goes on my "may buy" list. I do highly recommend trying this demo - worth checking out .

Bright enough that I had to adjust my monitor brightness back to normal - usually I have to set it on max to play HOG's. (I left my contrast on max though...)

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 23, 10 2:40 AM
LEOTA26 wrote:It seems like an okay game, but can someone tell me why the walkthrough pictures are so much clearer and brighter than when I play the game?

You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and see if that helps - it worked for me on one HOG game I'd demo-ed where folks in the forums were saying the graphics were clear, but mine sure weren't. Hope that helps you out.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jul 23, 10 2:55 AM

Beautiful!

This is a keeper!

Graphics are a joy to look at.

Music is very enjoyable.

Custom cursor got floaty after a bit so I turned it off and no more floaties.

Thought it was kinda cool that things went to their 'proper places', until I needed to find more than one and clicked on something I had already found. I get that this was a clever idea... but in actual game play it is not so good.

Used the hint button to see what I was suppose to do with the crowbar on the deck. Never saw an answer. Ended up just carrying it around til something lit up.

Some items were oddly labeled.

Getting nit-picky here but why did they leave off the "S" in the title picture?

Anyway, minor issues aside, a beautiful game that looks like it will be enjoyable to play.

Excellent Job Devs!

Thanks BF

Angel

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jul 23, 10 3:28 AM
I'll probably use a credit for this one since I like it without even playing much at all!

To answer your question, Angel, about the "S" in the title picture - the S joins both words and thus puts an S on both of them. It's not just the capital letter of Secrets...

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 23, 10 3:34 AM
A one-hour demo can sometimes only teach me so much--this time, it taught me to BUY! From the loading screen through the intro and the tutorial to the actual gameplay, the game has it all. Beautiful graphics, "just right" hidden object scenes, very nice musical background and appropriate sound effects, no timer (!), click on list items to see a silhouette, and a generous recharging hint system (I loved how it displayed an item but I won't spoil by telling). Of course, this is another "Grandfather--Granddaughter" story line, but who cares? It's told wonderfully. No voice-overs, yet that didn't detract. A bit slow loading between scenes, but with a game of this caliber, I can live with that. After a few real "losers" the last week or so (except for "Echoes of the Past...") BFG has given us a real winner as far as I'm concerned.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Jul 23, 10 3:41 AM
I agree with all of you, nice game I will be buying. I like that the hot spots are not hot until you mouse over them.

[Post New]by pratchettfan777 on Jul 23, 10 3:57 AM
NO timer option = play once and throw away

Not worth my hard earned

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 23, 10 4:13 AM
I'm the mayor of Bell CA, therefore I can afford this game.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jul 23, 10 4:14 AM
Crisp graphics. Different things to do to find items.
Hint recharges quickly.
Makes up for yesterdays CE.
I bought it almost instantly.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 23, 10 4:38 AM
I have betatested this game and liked it a lot. Thats a definetely buy for me

[Post New]by heatherington on Jul 23, 10 4:43 AM
Well this certainly taxed my mechanical engineering skills to the limit, of which I have none by the way, but fortunately most of the stuff clicked into place pretty easily. The funniest thing for me was when I clicked on that piece of candy and some claw came out from under the stair and snagged it. Other than the fact that you had to click on some objects several times before it decided that yes, that was actually what it was that it wanted you to have all along and its one of those games where you have to click "continue" to continue, I don't like that too well. Sometimes you were sitting and waiting to find out what was next after you completed the requirements. I enjoyed my free trial and will buy the game if I ever get anymore money.

Go to: