bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 23, 10 12:43 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

Re:Post any Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus technical issues here only

[Post New]by pixielily on Jul 23, 10 6:31 AM
I do not know why, but there is a very long loading time between hidden object scenes.

When I say a long time I mean that I actually played maybe 15mins of game time and and the cut scenes took almost 20mins of my demo time.
The long wait was so annoying that I had to delete the game and I really enjoyed what little time I was able to play.

I have no other issues with playing the game so I am wondering if my updating my adobe flash, which i just did, is causing the issue as it did with other games.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Jul 23, 10 7:11 AM
I am getting all sorts of colors and designs and will not even try to play or buy.

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Jul 23, 10 7:13 AM
I read that there are long waits between scenes, but I can't even get to the first scene. Had to go to task manager to stop the game and after I did that, 5 minutes were gone from playing time. It won't load or is this how long it takes to load?

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Jul 23, 10 7:34 AM
Peh4 that is how long it takes to load. I also thought it was stuck, but it wasn't just long load time.

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Jul 23, 10 8:22 AM
well geez!!! They should give us more demo time then!!! That's nuts!

kaliausten
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by kaliausten on Jul 23, 10 8:51 AM
got a warning from norton...this type of file may harm your computer?!

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 23, 10 9:19 AM
Figures. After I bought it and played further I find out that the game's a particle effects hog. (Old PC, old graphics card.)
And I'm getting the feeling the game will end once I'm done doing Nemos' bidding ("Do this! Do that!"), doing nothing but getting the stupid busted Nautilus fixed again. I'm half surprised I haven't been ordered yet to fix Nemo a meal from his underwater kitchen yet. It'd fall right into the pattern of these "oblige me" type of HOGs.
I'm up to the part where I'm trying to put out several fires and one of the water buckets (which are conical in shape, go figure) became frozen in mid air and won't let me grab it again.

The game started off okay but I'm getting more disappointed as the game pans out.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 23, 10 9:33 AM
I downloaded the trial game earlier this morning and just sat down to give it a try and it is in the BF Game Manager alright, but it says the trial expired!! I haven't even tried to play the dang thing yet!! Anyway to get access to the trial BF??? Isn't this a new game even? I certainly have never downloaded it at any other website before!! I am MIFFED

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 23, 10 10:03 AM
Hi Fishies!

If you are experiencing laggy game play, freezing or display issues, it may help to update your video card drivers and/oe Direct X. You can check for updates through our help article below. The good thing is, these updates are quick and almost always free.

Game Crashing, Freezing, Blank Screen

If your trial has expired and you are using a browser other that Firefox, it may help to try downloading the trial again via Firefox.

It may also help to uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager then try downloading the trial again.

If you are getting warnings about the file, you may need to adjust your firewall settings.Adjust your firewall settings I want to assure you that Big Fish Games will never release a game that is potentially harmful. If a Big Fish Game is being flagged by your Anti Virus company, please contact Customer Support so we can connect with the AV company that flagged the game.

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

chol6860
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by chol6860 on Jul 23, 10 11:21 AM
I had the same issue -- downloaded the file and when I went to play the trial version the game manager says trial expired. Never even opened the file so how could it be expired. Same issue with Echoes of the Past that I downloaded at the same time this afternoon.

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Jul 23, 10 11:23 AM
T can not get the axe to cut the rope to free the boat

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 23, 10 11:31 AM
As I was busy this morning I only got to play 10 minutes before I had to leave so I have just started playing it again and, in the middle of putting the co-ordinates on the map, I suddenly found myself staring at the Game Manager where the game had dumped me back to with 24 minutes still left to play . I'm not sure whether I will try again or not yet because I found the game a bit confusing (see review thread).

C

ETA

When I went back it let me continue with the map and, as I encountered no other problems and I found myself enjoying the game, I am now going to buy it.

Edited on 07/23/2010 at 12:21:24 PM PST

Fykomfei
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Fykomfei on Jul 23, 10 12:24 PM
I have a problem, when I take an item from the inventory, it is sometimes impossible to put it back. How do I solve this?

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 23, 10 12:38 PM
chol6860 :

I wanted to let you know that I followed the advice posted by BFG support in this thread and I uninstalled the Nemo game AND the BF Game Manager; I then re-downloaded the Nemo game (which also re-installed the Game Manager) and it worked!! I now have the full demo hour for the Nemo game. So, kind of a pain in the rear, but it did work.... Thought you may be interested... Have a great day!! (And thank you BFG support!! The best support team I have ever dealt with - bar none!!!)

[Post New]by gamineannie on Jul 23, 10 1:57 PM
I played the demo for the first few scenes and came to the first mini-game - the doorknob. CANNOT pick up anything from the inventory. What gives?

cateyes51
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cateyes51 on Jul 23, 10 2:25 PM
It took almost 3 hours to download and install. Got to play the game for a whole 2 minutes before getting error message and game screen going black. Had to use ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it. sighsssssssss.. so wanted to give this game a try. All my game cards and everything are up to date so that's not the problem.
cat

katmandan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by katmandan on Jul 23, 10 2:25 PM
Fykomfei wrote:I have a problem, when I take an item from the inventory, it is sometimes impossible to put it back. How do I solve this?

I had the same problem once in awhile. What I did was to place the item back over the inventory window and right-clicked. Seemed to work.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 23, 10 2:34 PM
gamineannie: Captain Nemo "talks" to you alot at the top of the screen - when he does, you can't do anything until you click "continue" below the dialog. You might make sure that's not what is causing you trouble....

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Jul 23, 10 3:43 PM
Another waste of time and money. Oh, I like the game ok, but when I get to the fire scene, it is "jerky" and freezes, and goes oh so slow. Now I did check out the "how to fix this" post, and followed it step by step, until one step was simply not there. I do have Windows Vista, but I did not find what they were talking about. I'm am so not a computer whiz, and I wish these types of games would not be put out there if we are expected to have to "fix" them by going into the bowels of our computers. Frankly, not being computer savy, that makes me nervous. Oh well. Think I will ask for a credit. This stinks!

Go to: