brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

What is UP with that cell phone??

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Jul 24, 10 2:09 AM
Ok I have been loving the BF games lately, but I think this one is a miss-the cell phone game towards the beginning of the game is sooooooo annoying!! Anyone figure out a simple way to finish it? I stopped playing the game after almost no time at all because I can't deal with it, and there's no way to skip it. Also have to say that the initial hidden object scene in the woods had objects so tiny that it was just silly. I might give the demo one more shot, but this is not looking good.

paulmiss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:What is UP with that cell phone??

[Post New]by paulmiss on Jul 24, 10 4:24 AM
I agree ! those of us who have trouble seeing well don't need small items and that cell phone number must be long---------distance cause i sure can't fix it. Delet works for me too

Sadie1230
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sadie1230 on Jul 24, 10 5:01 AM
Agree about the cell phone and even when I finally got the reception it pointed me in a big circle! And the cell phone had to be done again! Not a buy for me!

dreardon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dreardon on Jul 24, 10 8:23 AM
Can you navigate to another screen once the cursor changes to the signal meter?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 24, 10 10:22 AM
The cell phone was annoying. You have to click all over the screen until you find the full signal and get all green in the signal reading meter. This seems like a way to take up time and make this very short game seem longer.

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Jul 24, 10 10:34 AM
I didn't get very far into the game either. I'm trying to find a spot with better phone reception and can't find it. No skip, no good instructions either. I have better things to do with my time than play around in the forest looking for more bars on my phone!!! Good Bye Immortal Lovers!!!
Let's hope the next game they try to sell us is better.

And while I'm at it I would just like to say that I am getting mighty tired of the 'occult' type games. I love the HOG's so I will play the dark games but I would much rather have a good family type game.
Thanks for allowing me to vent in this forum!!!

shastac2

kelseyo5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kelseyo5 on Jul 24, 10 11:24 AM
Yes i agree the cell phone is driving me nuts !!!!!

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Jul 24, 10 11:34 AM
Thanks for aall the great info everyone-I thought I was missing something obvious with that crazy phone. Also, since someone pointed out that this looks like a short game I checked it out, and wow it is super short. Definitely off the list for me

[Post New]by ZippieBoo on Jul 24, 10 1:00 PM
the cell phone was driving me crazy, so I deleted the game.

Moma_King
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Moma_King on Jul 24, 10 1:30 PM
I found nearly full bar on cell phone but not enough to use and I ran out of sceen
and if I moved anywhere else on the screen lost bars.
Disappointment I love thios type game.

eusje
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by eusje on Jul 24, 10 2:32 PM
the cel phone thing is really a hard thing to do.
And then when you finally manage
the demo stopped

time4t
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by time4t on Jul 24, 10 5:19 PM
I got stuck in the 2nd cell phone forest. Very aggravating.

I agree with Shastac2, I am very disappointed in all of the games using the occult. I do not even try them. There are so many other things to use to make a good game.

ktfern04
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ktfern04 on Jul 24, 10 6:25 PM
I agree, too. Took me 10 minutes to get a cell phone signal that showed an arrow to the left. I clicked to go to the left screen and got right back where I started. Grrr. I enjoy a game that makes me think a bit, but this one was way too much trouble. Deleted the demo. Does BFG ever read these posts? If so, hey, guys, frustration is no fun!!

[Post New]by nuttyplayer53 on Jul 24, 10 8:22 PM
Yes I am having the same problem with the cell phone as well, so I am deleting this one, sorry not one for me, it is too frustrating.

[Post New]by cat_lady_18 on Jul 24, 10 8:54 PM
That cell phone is pointless, annoying, frustrating, and I got all the bars once and then was supposed to do it all over again, I don't think so. Definite no buy for me.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 25, 10 12:19 AM
Was so pleased to read this thread. I gave up after 5 annoying minutes of my cursor turning into phone strength bars and not being able to shake it off. That coupled with fuzzy graphics and tiny objects which weren't really objects but just a few pixels put together and this has to go from game to what a shame!
Following on from a couple of truly excellent games, this game was naff.

[Post New]by sjsullivan on Jul 25, 10 9:00 AM
I also agree about the dark, occult theme lately with the games. Not necessary and a bit disturbing.

char1132
Manatee
Manatee
4,059 Posts

[Post New]by char1132 on Jul 25, 10 9:17 AM
agree deleting after working pointless cellphone

[Post New]by lani2006 on Jul 25, 10 10:00 AM
Have to agree with everyone else. This games doesn't work for me either, DELETE

[Post New]by nanakate on Jul 25, 10 10:18 AM
Delete? I did....most annoying game! Objects too small to find without good eyesight or bi-focal glasses!

Go to: