VISTA FIX for WORD SEARCH DELUXE

[Post New]by Fitzwidget on Jul 24, 10 6:30 AM
This was sent to me by Jenny, at Big Fish Games.

[removed by moderator]

I did not get the "run as administrator" option from my start menu, so created a shortcut for my desktop. Following these directions brought up the game with red check marks in the options boxes. Every other feature was working fine then as well.

I would extrapolate that if you have issues in Win7 as well the same procedure would work, but I do not have a Win7 machine to test it on yet.

Edited on 03/06/2011 at 12:31:56 PM PST

Tygrepawz
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:VISTA FIX for WORD SEARCH DELUXE

[Post New]by Tygrepawz on Dec 6, 10 11:37 PM
I have Vista, tried it and still blank. I should have checked here before buying it and saved my club credit.

[Post New]by DennisWagner on Dec 24, 10 12:22 PM
I wish i never paid for it! What a wast of money. tried everything to no avail! Big fish should give us our money back or a free game plus fill our punch cards for all the time we have put in trying to make it work!!

[Post New]by lobgirl on Jan 2, 11 7:05 PM
Yes, this also works for windows 7

[Post New]by ladymoonstone on Feb 16, 11 7:29 PM
bought lesseon better than borrowed one wish i had not wasted my time and game credit.they should let trade this in on some other game.this is wrong.

[Post New]by fancyfree36 on Apr 15, 11 7:47 PM
I noticed that the current Word Search Deluxe that is listed for sale says it works with Vista. Well the version I purchased does not work with Vista or Windows 7. I love word search puzzles & can't begin to tell you how disapointed I am with this game. I fell like I should either get my money back or, better yet, get a workable version of the game, (for windows 7), at no extra cost.

VISTA FIX for WORD SEARCH DELUXE

[Post New]by GAMINGMOMTESS on Oct 29, 11 8:55 AM
Fitzwidget wrote:This was sent to me by Jenny, at Big Fish Games.

[removed by moderator]

I did not get the "run as administrator" option from my start menu, so created a shortcut for my desktop. Following these directions brought up the game with red check marks in the options boxes. Every other feature was working fine then as well.

I would extrapolate that if you have issues in Win7 as well the same procedure would work, but I do not have a Win7 machine to test it on yet.

How did you create a shortcut for your desktop for "run as administrator"? I don't have the option. Posts below also suggest that those that did try this did not end up with a solution. What does BFG say about that?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 29, 11 10:47 AM
Hi GAMINGMOMTESS,

Welcome to the pond. I thought I'd come by and provide a link to our help article that should walk you through how to play a game as Administrator:

Run Game as Administrator

If this doesn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support and our reps will be happy to walk you through this process as well. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by shakyshakyme on Dec 21, 12 10:05 PM
Not only has the fix been removed, but the game won't go to full screen mode. I have over 200 games and have never had this issue with BFG. I used one of my free game rewards for this, so I'm not out anything. But BFG needs to get an untimed Word Search game THAT ACTUALLY WORKS to replace this one, and give it free to those who paid for it, or give back our earned free game.
Very disappointed in BFG. I'd hate to see the performance in Windows 8!

Go to: