Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Endless Fables: Dark Moor Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 14, 18 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/14/2018 at 9:19:29 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Endless Fables: Dark Moor Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 14, 18 4:35 AM
Very short! 4 chapters counting bonus chapter. demo finishes 1st chapter. Its so so, but aren't most games nowadays. I haven't played a game in years that's knocked my socks off, unless its one of my older ones! Kinda sad! I think when I beta demoed it I had some tech probs, but not this time except its slow on changing from scene to scene.

Edited on 04/14/2018 at 4:57:26 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Endless Fables: Dark Moor Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 14, 18 4:58 AM
nanafraser wrote: I haven't played a game in years that's knocked my socks off, unless its one of my older ones! Kinda sad! I think when I demoed it I had some tech probs, but not this time except its slow on changing from scene to scene

My socks are still on after this demo as well! And the game does tend to freeze up a bit when switching between scenes or zoom zones, probably has something to do with socks....or Mr. Wiskers

niamhe
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by niamhe on Apr 14, 18 4:59 AM
rubbish Ii am afraid

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Apr 14, 18 6:40 AM
I wouldn't say TOTAL rubbish, but it is more of an adventure game than hidden object. Greater than average dialog, and lots of things to find. I actually rather enjoyed it.

WARNING - there are very disturbing images. This is not a game for children. Creepy bears, startling images, cockroaches... not for the faint of heart. Worth checking out the demo for sure.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 14, 18 9:09 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Endless Fables: Dark Moor Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Endless Fables: Dark Moor Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Apr 14, 18 9:55 AM
Silly and boring. Really?! I'm not sure I would play this if it were given to me!

Graphics are too soft and not cohesive. Throwing in what's supposed to be scary stuff, like the roach filled cotton mouth teddy bear and the pumpkin head! Part of this is like a child's game, then they throw in a very long lasting close up of a raven screaming after it popped out the jackolantern and glowy green eyeballs floating around..whaaaaat?

This is not, in any way, an adventure game. Perhaps a lack of instructions might lead one to that conclustion, but instructions weren't really needed.

Same old stuff..please give us something even remotely challenging?!

No buy!
Abs

Edited on 04/14/2018 at 2:11:49 PM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Apr 14, 18 11:06 AM
I'm going to swim upstream here. I enjoyed the game. Colorful graphics, good art work and a spooky kelpie. Didn't know that they were a part of malevolent spooks until I checked them out. Yes, we've all seen the story about abduction before. But frankly I'm glad not to pull my hair out trying to figure out what to do next. Thank goodness for the fast skip so I don't have to do the gadget thing. Remember, we have games wherein we can't skip the gadget. I will no doubt replay so I can find all the pumpkins and morphs.

Edited 4-17-18

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 10:01:57 AM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Apr 14, 18 12:34 PM
I'm with Penny1942, I actually enjoyed the trial.

The good: The frightening little critters were like something out of a nightmare... and actually um, frightening. And there were some truly creepy moments. The collectibles and morphs are not in every scene so you have to look carefully.

The not-so-good: The worst parts of the game were anything having to do with the banshee. And the basic story has been used over and over in other games (but I sort of gave up on expecting originality a while ago haven't you?)

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 14, 18 12:48 PM
I have only played the demo but I rather enjoyed this one. Inventory as long as your arm, lots to do. Graphics were good and voice overs were very well done. There are also some fun info items in the achievements book. My only gripe is the need for a reset button on the puzzles. I might wait for a better sale but will definitely pick this one up.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Apr 14, 18 12:56 PM
Excellent graphics....very atmospheric. Was a short demo with much to do, somewhat very juvenile tasks at times. There is an amulet to use to ward off cursed objects that requires a charged crystal which then brings up a puzzle of symbols, which can be skipped. It is repetitive and I got tired of it the second time around and skipped it as I did some other puzzles which, of course outnumber hos. There are numerous inventory items that need items. It was tedious having to find logs and nails and assemble a ladder....a waste of time....as well as some of the other things you have to do and the going back and forth. Sometimes I had so much inventory it was tiring and a drag. It would be nicer to just find what you need and move on instead of having to find multiple items to combine.

From the demo, which I completed, this appears to be slow moving, and not over active like someone had 100 cups of coffee while making it. It was not stressful and from the demo seems to be well balanced in game play. The story is fine, maybe would have been nicer for Halloween, though.

In the Extras there is no info as to how many (re playable) puzzles and hos there are, but you can be sure there will be MANY more puzzles than hos. I think that info should be included in the demo so you can have an idea what you are getting instead of the "Buy before you try" tactic. There also is not an indicator in the custom mode for how short your skip times are, but it is fast.

The hos I came across were nicely done, but there really weren't any I would want to replay...not from the demo, anyhow. It's hard to judge that from just a demo. If you can replay the mini game of decorating the cake, you will be ecstatic about that one.

Not much for collectibles....counted 12 pumpkins...10 "tricky" morphs, which I only found one. You don't have time to be waiting around for morphs in a demo.

This was not the best demo, but far from being the worst. Although I do not feel this is CE worthy, I did find it interesting and would have considered buying it if there had been a more generous sale to benefit members. It is definitely not worth the extra $$.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 14, 18 1:20 PM
Joining the swim upstream!

I enjoyed the playing demo, and will absolutely be adding it to my game library, which already includes the previous games in this series. The graphics were clear and sharp (on my screen). The music I found to be theme appropriate and enjoyable. The gameplay was smooth, with only a couple hiccups with the transitions of screens, nothing I found too offputting.

Is it the hardest game I ever played? By no means! I have plenty of those already, and I, too, enjoy playing a game that doesn't have me pulling out my hair.

Challenge is well and good, but sometimes you just want to do something for the fun of it, and I had fun playing the demo! Will definitely replay around Halloween!

As always, try if for yourself and see if the game is compatible with your OS, and has what you expect from a game!

Happy Gaming,

BK

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Apr 14, 18 2:57 PM
Tedious

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Apr 14, 18 9:59 PM
definitely NOT the greatest game but bought it anyway as I'm getting tired of replaying my games over and over (and over again). I have pretty much replayed all my games from 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 - some 2 or 3 times.

will have to start digging a bit deeper and replaying some more older ones than these.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Apr 15, 18 3:37 AM
Penny1942 wrote:We also need fishies that actually liked the game to step up and say so. Developers do come here and check out the reviews. Lately there doesn't seem to be anything but negative reviews on games with the exception of some famous series, most of which I don't play.

I haven't bought the game yet but definitely will do so when a more beneficial sale for members comes along. I enjoyed playing the first two of the series and I believe I'll enjoy this one as well.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Apr 15, 18 10:07 AM
Based on the trial.

I liked the 5 hops, storyline, gameplay, achievements and the collectibles. I wished they quadrupled the amount of pumpkins and tricky morph collectibles. It has replays on hops, mini-games, video and soundtrack.

I loved the last one in the series, Frozen Path so much that after I played the SV, I bought the CE. So hopeful on the rest of this one. The trial's data was a good data amount.

The fat cat Mr. Whiskers is so adorable and he looks like his owner. I worry it's short based on the chapters I could see. I plan on buying it some time.

Didn't have any problems on my Windows 10 PC. No slow loading.

Edited on 04/15/2018 at 10:14:51 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 21, 18 7:33 PM
Hello friends! As always, I review on the game play and not the story line, as others do a much better job than I. Looks like this is #3 in this series. The graphics are very well done, with no blurring during cut scenes. Animation is fairly nice, but sometimes we have very weird expressions and eye movements. Body movements are a bit stiff. Game play was quite good, no glitches or problems during the demo, but sometimes felt a little old school. Voice overs were age and character appropriate and showed emotion. The colors were a bit blue in the beginning, but cleared up as the game progressed and were very clear and nice. Music was okay, but got annoying. Sound FX were were excellent and realistic. We don't have a helpful friend, but we do have an amulet that lets us dispel cursed creatures by playing a silly game.

HOPs are a variety of interactive lists, highlighted words and straight lists. The scenes are fairly clear and items are not that difficult to find. I did not see where you could switch to something else if you didn't care for the HOPs. Puzzles were quite simple, not challenging and nothing new. Jump map was well marked with areas of interest and identified by area name. Hint system is helpful, but it does not transport to longer locations. You do a lot of backtracking in this game, so the transport feature would have been a welcome addition. I found that we collect an unusual number of items in our inventory before we actually use any of them.

Varied collectibles, but not many. We have pumpkins of various shapes. These are quite large and easy to find, but not in every scene. You also have various morphing items. The only time you can collect one is during the morph in. When it morphs out, you have to wait quite a while for it to come back to collect. No real challenge here either.

This game had some pretty creepy things happening now and then and the story was a bit creepy as well. Be aware that things do jump out at you. I did like how our name was incorporated into the game play, making us a character. It is not a challenging game, and the story wasn't anything new or exciting. It seemed to move slowly. Personally, I feel this is more for a beginner than for a seasoned gamer. It did not make me want to purchase the game, but I will recommend it for beginners or anyone who just wants a simple game.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews. Play on!

Go to: