bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace ™

[Post New]by bfgErie on Nov 4, 08 10:33 AM
Hint Credits – An interesting twist on hints, you can earn hint five hint credits for each of the two crowns found in every scene. Credits can be spent to get either a silhouette of an object on your list (1 credit), show you the exact picture of an object (3 credits) or point out where the object is in a scene (5 credits).

Relaxed Mode/Timed Mode - When you start the game, you are asked if you would like to play in Relaxed Mode or Timed Mode. If you select Timed Mode, you will have twenty minutes to locate all of the objects in each scene. Select Relaxed Mode if you would like to play without the timer.

Random Clicks – In Timed Mode, clicking on objects not on your list too often will result in the loss of thirty seconds off the clock. In Relaxed Mode, there is no penalty at all for random clicking.

These a just a few tips that will help when you are playing Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace. If you have any tips to share, please post them in this thread.

lisa4862
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Tips and Tricks for Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace ™

[Post New]by lisa4862 on Nov 4, 08 2:19 PM
If you click multiple times on one of the hidden crowns, you get multiple hint points.

smh218
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by smh218 on Nov 4, 08 3:18 PM
I love being a member of the Bid Fish Club. This game was a good evenings enterinment and worth the 7 dollars I paid. I am much more excited about the new 7 wonders. I will be happy to do trial runs for HO and match threes. The only time I was asked ir was for a game I don't play. But try me again O'Great Fish S

[Post New]by pbpparents on Nov 5, 08 1:53 PM
I am at the same spot and all I have in my inventory is a hammer and a "jewel" I think, I used the riding whip and no longer have anything else. Any idea of how to open the box? thanks

[Post New]by unicorngrandma23 on Nov 6, 08 7:35 PM
Fellmoon wrote:use your riding quip on the crack opposite the jewel box. curser will turn purple then use hammer on the geode. should be able to figure it out from there

I dont see a crack opposite the jewel box. This is way too frustrating and usually I have no problems with these games. I dont think I will buy it.

[Post New]by murdena on Nov 7, 08 8:17 AM
To say that I am a little pissed is to say the least. I played the first 60 minutes free, got frustrated at how long it took to get the jewel out of the crack. Can anybody tell me an easy way or does it take everybody a long time? I obtained 2 more jewels and then my time was up. Thought, I think I will buy the game because I won't have to get by the riding crop and jewel in the wall again. How wrong was I, when the purchased game came up, I was back at the wall with the riding crop and jewel again. I have been now attempting for an hour to get the jewel out of the wall with the riding crop and still it will not come out. I feel like asking for my money back on the game because that is how frustrated I am at this point. Can anybody tell me the easy way to get the jewel out of the wall with the riding crop, I have tried everything. Thanks.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 7, 08 1:11 PM
murdena wrote:To say that I am a little pissed is to say the least. I played the first 60 minutes free, got frustrated at how long it took to get the jewel out of the crack. Can anybody tell me an easy way or does it take everybody a long time? I obtained 2 more jewels and then my time was up. Thought, I think I will buy the game because I won't have to get by the riding crop and jewel in the wall again. How wrong was I, when the purchased game came up, I was back at the wall with the riding crop and jewel again. I have been now attempting for an hour to get the jewel out of the wall with the riding crop and still it will not come out. I feel like asking for my money back on the game because that is how frustrated I am at this point. Can anybody tell me the easy way to get the jewel out of the wall with the riding crop, I have tried everything. Thanks.

Sorry you are having trouble. Once you pick up the riding crop from your inventory, ignore it. When your cursor is in the correct position, click.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 7, 08 3:29 PM
jo770 wrote:Downloaded the game and keep getting error

Hi Jo770- welcome to the forums!

You should contact tech support- They can be reached via the box on the lower right.

[Post New]by sanjosegall on Nov 7, 08 5:44 PM
I am at the same place and decided I will NOT purchase this game unless they put in a hint or maybe when you are stuck a way out!

Edited on 11/07/2008 at 5:45:24 PM PST

Sault
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Sault on Nov 7, 08 6:46 PM
Hi I am stuck in the garden trying to get the bluejay out of its nest. I am wondering if there is a glitch in the game. Has anyone figured this part out? Are you stuck as well? I will conact tech support to see if indeed it is a glitch.

I do enjoy these games. Really love the hidden picture games.

[Post New]by bgiesen on Nov 9, 08 10:56 AM
I'm having the same problem in the garden. Bird feeder is hung, but bird needs "more incentive". Where and what is it? Please post if you find it's a glitch.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 9, 08 11:27 AM
bgiesen wrote:I'm having the same problem in the garden. Bird feeder is hung, but bird needs "more incentive". Where and what is it? Please post if you find it's a glitch.

Use the corkscrew on the bottle, then the cork on the glass inkbottle...

[Post New]by Dizzy_liz on Nov 13, 08 7:45 PM
I am so stuck with the chess game... i have tried the knight on just about every square! What am i doing wrong....?

[Post New]by pencilman on Nov 17, 08 6:27 PM
pencilman wrote:
Dizzy_liz wrote:I am so stuck with the chess game... i have tried the knight on just about every square! What am i doing wrong....?

[i]Same Here - and I've played chess many times. Just can't get anything besides the knight to move. Help

[Post New]by vido52 on Nov 18, 08 3:25 AM
Sault wrote:Hi I found that this worked for the box in the hall.
You are right - a jewel does go on it

On the wall opposite the box - there is a small crack running lengthwise - put your riding crop in here - this will release a geode (I think that is the spelling) - It is a plain-looking rock which has crystals inside

The geode will go into your inventory window - work in the inventory window - pick up the hammer and place it on the geoid - this will crack it open - a purple gem will now be in your inventory window

Go to the box - put glue in the space for the gem - then put the gem on it - & presto you have solved the puzzle

Hope that helps - it can be frustrating

[Post New]by vido52 on Nov 18, 08 3:28 AM
thankyou you made it work for me did not think to you the hammer on the rock while in the inventory window you explained it to a T :

[Post New]by dcp425 on Nov 20, 08 5:25 PM
Help!!!! Can not figure out the mini game where you have to make the point of the triangle go the opposite direction! I need 5 moves not 3.

[Post New]by Hubfox on Nov 25, 08 9:36 AM
[bHELP!

I'm stuck at the chess game.PLEASE!

[Post New]by daphemcadie on Jan 14, 09 1:50 PM
help someone! I am stuck in the fireplace and only have a flint and hammer which will not work to light the fire. How do I get back to the room?

[Post New]by hippysas on Jan 19, 09 11:14 AM
I am stuck in the secret passway where the box is. I have the purple jem in place on the left and what looks like a snake on right. I have a hammer left and what looks like a rock. what do I do next?

Go to: