Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by tensinovitis on Jun 3, 15 5:07 PM
A BIG THANK YOU to BFG staff for fixing this blue dot problem . Yay you guys did it!
Job well done.

jangawhite
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jangawhite on Jun 3, 15 7:08 PM
Thank you BFG!! You guys and gals are so awesome!!! My Norman is back, so is Anabel, thanks so much!!!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Jun 3, 15 10:44 PM
downloaded the latest .. Still can't play.
Been locked out for over a month now..
Will wait to hear from support again, but I'm seriously done with this game. Takes up too much on my iPad for something that does nothing!

[Post New]by Cremc123 on Jun 4, 15 4:33 AM
Delighted to be able to progress through my game again and not have the blue dot any more. A big thanks to the guys who were able to fix this problem.

Nickimine
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Nickimine on Jun 4, 15 7:21 AM
I received a message from the Mailman on my iPad - saying the update to fix the dreaded blue dot issue was available.

I have never encountered this - from all I read "Horrible Problem", and I have been playing the game on my iPad for close to two years .. if I remember right. Apparently I am one of the lucky ones!

**** My question to whoever monitors this part of the Midnight Castle Forum is this:
Even though I have never experienced the problem, should I put your new update on my iPad Midnight Castle game?

All advice is welcome from any other player who plays this game on an iPad.
My ID is : i695714 My player name is Jean. Thank you for any responses!

EOTR
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by EOTR on Jun 4, 15 7:49 AM
Hi nickimine,

I had wondered the same thing, and finally decided that the mods would have been more explicit if the update was only for those with blue dot and Norman problems. I crossed my fingers and downloaded the update just a few hours ago. Everything on my game still works fine.

I felt it might be possible that I could have still acquired blue dot disease if I didn't download the update. Now I feel immune to it! Hope this helps.

Jhuppie

Bcurls
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Bcurls on Jun 4, 15 10:54 AM
always update your game. even if you have had no problems, update!

BarbieB731
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by BarbieB731 on Jun 4, 15 4:20 PM
I also play on I-Pad but never had the blue dot problem but since the last update I now have the letter from the Mail man glowing all the time. I have opened and x outed numerous times, only to have it GLOWING still. I love the game and play every day.

But it would be nice if the Dev's would either lower the amount that it takes to open new areas and crafting OR raise the amounts of the H. O. P. S. And the coins that you can get (if lucky) for crafting. I have spent a lot of real money on this game and haven't had many issues with it other than the Mail and one quest stealing diamonds to open a piece to get a object. Which happened twice in the same place. But I lived with it. Also in the daily gifts why doesn't the unique stamp increase in amount like the gold coins and diamonds????

Thanks for any help
Barbie B. Pirate from the "D". (Detroit, Michigan)
i212549 Level 55

Kingo62
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Kingo62 on Jun 4, 15 7:48 PM
Since the update, I have finally been able to access the tournaments, but the last one I did an hour ago, gave me the $21,000,000 score that people were getting during the black screen blue dot epidemic. Is there still a problem with the tournaments? Are other people still having tournament score issues?

43lil
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by 43lil on Jun 4, 15 8:05 PM
Same here Kingo62. It happened today on my Lilli game & yesterday on 43lil. I'm not very good at the tournaments, an occasional win so it's quite frustrating not to be able to participate. Linda

[Post New]by preciuoscat on Jun 4, 15 9:36 PM
Thank you for the update, I am now able to play the game without the blue dot and have advanced but I am still the only person showing on the leader board of the HOS stats. My neighbours are all back but just not on the boards. I don't know if this will create any more problems because this is how it started last time and then we got the blue dot.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Jun 4, 15 9:36 PM
Hello to players with tournament problems. I , too have had all these issues.
I have e-mailed CS in the past and they credited me lost diamonds.

Happened again, so sent off another e-mail. Answered, they are aware of this issue, for some of us, and will look into this now that the blue dot issue is hopefully over!

( keeping fingers and toes crossed on that one)

PM moderator, or e-mail CS, they have been helpful to me!

Good luck! [=

Crystal P

[Post New]by Adshead on Jun 5, 15 6:57 PM
Seem to be having issues with the tournament scoring which is very frustrating. Get a score of 24,855,211 which is basically nothing so it's getting to be a waste of time to even play the tournaments with this happening.

[Post New]by Catlover612 on Jun 5, 15 7:16 PM
The scoring is real weird sometimes. One or more of the rooms sometimes gives a score of millions instead of thousands, which messes up the total score. You can spin the wheel and make it even higher but nothing shows up on the player score list anyway.
A waste of time and chips when this happens, and so frustrating!

[Post New]by Gamegirl1957 on Jun 6, 15 10:12 AM
Morning BF. I play on my iPad, just finished tournament and won 47 diamonds, downloaded from the mailman, went to gift friends, and again today (third time) I was shut down with server problems! I lost my diamonds to boot!! Is there any way of retrieving them? Dang, my best game ever too 199.965!! ? thank you in advance for any help!

[Post New]by Magpiekit on Jun 6, 15 10:17 AM
Glad to know I am not the only one with the million points issue. It tends to ruin the tournaments for me. Never know when it is going to strike, but it is always on the first play in any given round, and can happen in any room. Why??

Tunkfairy
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by Tunkfairy on Jun 6, 15 11:42 AM
I am f so tired of the tournaments!!! I love to play them but I either get 21'899,000 or 76.000.i never win anything. I am on level63 and I think I have won 1 diamond from tournaments????. The Mai
Man keeps telling me that the tournament is starting and I used to get excited, NOtso now.
Tunkin

jaximoto
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by jaximoto on Jun 6, 15 1:41 PM
Tunkfairy - same here, the most I've ever won is a single gem, I don't know how those higher score players do it! Yes there are so many more tournaments now when they used to be fairly infrequent. Until I fiqure out how to win more gems (maybe a thread on this?) I'm not going to bother.

Bcurls
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Bcurls on Jun 6, 15 5:40 PM
thanks for fixing the blue dot issue & giving me my friends back, but now when i receive gifts, the articles do not show up in my inventory. anyone else having this problem?

Nickimine
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Nickimine on Jun 7, 15 12:18 AM
Bcurls wrote:always update your game. even if you have had no problems, update!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Thank you (and to the others) for advising me to update the Midnight Castle game I play on my iPad - even though I have been one of the lucky ones who never had the blue dot problem.

My game updated cleanly. No problems. So thank you. Oh yes, always a thank you to the developers!

Jean

Go to: