Senior Citizens sign in!!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 5, 17 10:36 PM
Finally got LIma, but I totally and utterly agree with all of you that this update is the worst ever. I simply hate the zoom in at level 120 on every city, this is the biggest pain in the proverbial we have had yet, and the new trade centre is confusing to say the least, but thats not the worst thing, the zoom on every city is by far the most time consuming rubbish they have come up with yet. I am going to make a complaint directly to GD, and I urge everyone else to do the same, and also, the suggestion by Gummynut to also rate them badly is a very good one as well. Please everyone do this. The only way I belive they will listen to us and maybe even do something to revert it, is for everyone to band together and try to fix it. If no one complains, apart from on here, then nothing will happen, and I somehow seriously doubt they really take note of what we say on here. They seem to be just too big a company to bother about what their customers think, which is such a shame. I am absolutely p******d off to the eyeballs about this, fired up like never before since any update in the past. This one is dreadful. And if anyone knows how we get to rate them, let me know because I don't think it comes up automatically does it? post on here how to do it for everyone if you know how.

Edited on 09/05/2017 at 10:39:01 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 5, 17 11:02 PM
Go to the App Store, then type in "gummy drop" and when the app comes up tap on review and put your thoughts in there. I just gave them "both barrels "

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 5, 17 11:43 PM
Thanks Trav3lbird, I will do that too. Am in the middle of downloading every city again, its so far taken me an hour and a half and I am only up to Athens so far, this is such a pain and is obviously a huge update. I usually have to update every city, but it doesn't always take this long. But I did open Vladivostok permanently with those useless travel vouchers as I have nothing else to spend them on so will have two cities to work on at one time, even though I will be able to when finished Lima anyway, figured why not! Santa Fe after Vladivostok. IF I can hang out with shipping and this horrible zoom thing or I might have given up and not be bothering by then.

[Post New]by lita_bonita on Sep 6, 17 4:13 AM
Yes I agree totally with the posts here about the update!!!! What an idiot change the zoom in every city that brings you to the last level. Before was way much easier to use. This is irritating! I'll to rate too.....and it won't be nice!?

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Sep 6, 17 5:31 AM
Hey iOS users....Welcome to our world. I warned you a week ago about the zooming and the slow downloading of existing cities. On the plus side, when I opened my scratch ticket I noticed that the resources were sent to Vladivostok and that city is now open too, as Jules said. Although we are all upset, let's take a minute to reflect that the developers are not trying to ruin the game and helpful feedback will get more done than anger, esp. over a game. And have a moment of pity for PC users who almost never even get new cities.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 6, 17 9:13 AM
Hey folks, well there's one advantage to not being at the end of the game like a lot of you. I don't need the update at this time since I'm still in Barcelona so I think I will pass for the time being. I'm dealing with enough frustration as it is. I figured out last night that this one was a manual rather than automatic update, so I'll wait a bit, thank you very much!

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Sep 6, 17 9:29 AM
Thank you everyone for the warnings! I'm only in Bangkok, so I will be in NO rush to update anytime soon.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 6, 17 9:56 AM
You're very welcome, kailuaauntie! And as snowmanvt said, let's have a moment of silence for all the pc users that don't have to deal with this problem, but pay the price of not getting any fun events either.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 6, 17 10:36 AM
I guess I spoke to soon, went to run some errands and when I returned, lo and behold I've been updated! Arrrgh!

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Sep 6, 17 5:37 PM
Hey folks...I am still in New Orleans and have now reached level 100. I did a search for this level for help but found no valuable or useful information so I am appealing to you (the experts). I am having some difficulty winning this level. I have already went through 3 sets of 3 lives with no luck. Can't seem to break through the stickies to get to the chained bolts. Also can't seem to create line crushes to get rid of the two light blue bomb gummies at the bottom. I did not see any light blue gummies fall in any of my attempts so am assuming you require a line crush to get rid of those. Does anyone remember how they beat the level. Does it just take multiple tries and finally "ureeka!!!" you get a great board and all falls into place??? Please offer any tips tricks or boosts you may have used. Thanks. Much appreciated.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 6, 17 6:28 PM
I don't recall how I got that one, however looking at the board I would suggest getting out and back in again until you have a great first move. If you can manage a line blast down a side to free two lightnings, then swap them, that should clear the timed gummies. Or if you see a lighting or bomb blast setup in the center, make it then hold until you can get a line blast or lightning to swap it with.

What I likely did was use boosts after I got frustrated, because I don't think I knew the trick of getting out and back in yet.

Edited on 09/06/2017 at 6:29:15 PM PST

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Sep 6, 17 7:54 PM
Thanks lordkalvan,

I always back out and choose a favourable board before I start any level. This time I took a break for awhile. Just tried the level again now and low and behold the second time around I simply got lucky. Like I said before the gummy colors and line blasts and lightning bolts worked out on my well calculated moves to annihilate the stickies and gummy bombs and I beat the level without any boosts. Now I need to ship a few pinks to build the monument.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 6, 17 11:11 PM
Hi glitter, looks like someone beat me to it, I didn't know which tier you were doing on level 100, I went back and played architect and got a bomb and line crush over the center ( 3 ticking bombs) then just concentrated on boosts to free the lightning bolts, beat it with 6 moves left.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 6, 17 11:14 PM
Glitter, I just had a look at that one, and I think, like Lordkalvan and Grampa said and you guessed correctly, its a matter of getting the right moves, line crushes and bombs to blast those light blue ones and free the bolts and all of that stuff. When I opened it, I totally fluked a formation to make a lightning bolt on move one, so I went ahead and gave it a shot to refresh my memory. I then fluked another one that in two moves sat next to the first, so I hit them together, and can confirm that hitting two of them will clear the chained ones and the board, but it does leave the other bolts still hemmed in under the papers, and you then have to still get the right moves to smash them up AND get the score required. I got the required bricks easily, obviously got rid of the timed ones, but I just could not get the score anywhere near required, so gave up bothering. But hope that all helps you, good luck, you will get it eventually.

Edited on 09/06/2017 at 11:15:16 PM PST

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 6, 17 11:15 PM
By the way, I just finished level 90 in Barcelona so I'm shipping too! Forward and onward!

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Sep 7, 17 12:59 AM
Shipping in LA as well Lost a lot of coins and was close to buy some during the sale. Finally didn't, thinking it would be a challenge to get them back playing the levels.
Not easy. Trying to win all the levels I can in Amsterdam (got the city with 4,000 vouchers and already completed the monuments ....)

Edited on 09/07/2017 at 3:26:55 AM PST

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 7, 17 7:21 AM
Hi Marie, nice to see you're still with us. So how was Shanghai, anything I should know about? I've been trying to help glitter along since she's right behind me in New Orleans, when we get really stuck we send up the distress flare to get jules attention, ha-ha! She's our Wonder Woman!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 7, 17 7:59 AM
Wow, Wonder Woman! You guys are really nice, but I most certainly am not her, as much as I wish I could be. I am always telling my kids I am good, but not THAT good, and I cannot do everything, but they still think I can, even though they can do it for themselves most times. I am certain I am not the only one though who can help when you send that distress flare up. But its nice to help anyway.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Sep 7, 17 8:26 AM
Hey there GamingGrampa and Jules,

I responded to lordkalvan again after my query and I actually beat level 100 but thanks so much for your help as well. It was as I said just a favourable board to start and the line crushes , right color of gummies and bolts just cleaned everything out and I did not have to use any boosts or extra moves or shovels. Was very pleased indeed. I will however echo GamingGrampa's sentiments about our go to "Wonder Woman", Jules as when I get in trouble and post here she always jumps to the task and gives very valuable information to help and it is much appreciated. GamingGrampa I have won the 1000 coins and a million blues with the missions you previously mentioned and now am trying to win the 1000 coins between 101-110. Thanks everyone who posts in this thread because I am always interested in your comments and advice and it makes the game worthwhile even in the frustrating moments we have all experienced because it makes you feel that you're not alone and someone has accomplished before what you are trying to accomplish now so it is doable and gives you encouragement to carry on and get the job done for your own game.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Sep 7, 17 8:49 AM
GamingGrampa wrote:Hi Marie, nice to see you're still with us. So how was Shanghai, anything I should know about? I've been trying to help glitter along since she's right behind me in New Orleans, when we get really stuck we send up the distress flare to get jules attention, ha-ha! She's our Wonder Woman!

Thought Jules was a man .......
I'm sorry GramPa, I can't really remember what I did in the previous city. My memory is not very good
Will try to remember. I'm still in Shanghai on my Ipad and am on level 100
To get the monument, you need 2,100,000 bricks, 1,100,000 hats, 2,100,000 pink gems and 35 green gems
Got the blue and pinks one with HH and now, have to replay again and again the level 87 in Rome to get the green gems.

Where are you in Shanghai ?

Go to: