chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Feb 22, 16 6:16 AM
All this time, all these complaints and still nothing has been done; I just went through 8 scenes and received 1 item; the rest were small change and the stupid crystals. what is the point in playing this game now? Are the devs trying to make everybody quit? (I have noticed 3 of my friends have not had anything on their wish lists for several weeks now: guess they went Soon to follow

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 22, 16 8:10 AM
chris_2_4 wrote:All this time, all these complaints and still nothing has been done; I just went through 8 scenes and received 1 item; the rest were small change and the stupid crystals. what is the point in playing this game now? Are the devs trying to make everybody quit? (I have noticed 3 of my friends have not had anything on their wish lists for several weeks now: guess they went Soon to follow

1. The Devs have never replied to us via the forum....only by making changes one way or another via updates.

2. First they have to figure out which way the wind blows for them.....then they have to put together an update for 3 different platforms that works.

3. Updates take time.....so we must be patient and see what they tell us through any changes they make in a future update.

MaryM1980
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by MaryM1980 on Feb 22, 16 8:19 AM
Will someone who knows the answer to this questions clear something up for me please.

Q: If White Elephants is the company who developed this game, aren't they then the dev's who update it? I assume that they get a share of the profits, so, maybe it is they who are doing all this and not BF? Please correct me if I am wrong, thanks!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 22, 16 9:00 AM
It really doesn't matter WHO......they are in charge, and they will do what they feel is best for the continuance of the game.

(Just MHO)

Wolfheze
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfheze on Feb 22, 16 11:04 AM
I have been playing the update for a while now, and I'm quite pleased with it. Obviously not the first week, when my inventory dropped, but now I'm enjoying myself. After the 2 events I was almost ready to quit, the endless rounds and hoarding starting to feel so useless. I had invented quite some strategies to slow myself down, build enough inventory, coin, etc. And then I would go through a level in a couple of hours.
Now I make a littke progress of the quest every day. For almost every bit I have to do one or more Hos, but as I get what I need now, that works just fine. And when I am need of coins or shards, I do a round. All in all, to me, an improvement.
BUT:
As mentioned above, the daily Quests have to get fixed, especialy the old series. We got stuck quite often at the harp in Blossoms, the iron chest, etc. Now these quests have become impossible to do. And I don't think anyone is ready to pay diamonds to complete a DQ .

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Feb 22, 16 12:02 PM
Wolfheze, you have said something I have wanted to say for quite a while. When I breezed through a couple of levels months ago I knew there was a problem with the game. I had enough inventory then that sometimes all or most of a quest was filled in, but then I didn't have the coins to move forward. Doing rounds meant that inventory kept building but there were never enough coins.

Since the update building up the coins are almost automatic. Most of it comes from actually doing the quests.

My experience tells me a roll back won't happen. I can play either way, but players at lower levels that try to adjust will find the game much easier the way it is now.

[Post New]by Brave_Gemini on Feb 22, 16 1:24 PM
Starling41 wrote:Wolfheze, you have said something I have wanted to say for quite a while. When I breezed through a couple of levels months ago I knew there was a problem with the game. I had enough inventory then that sometimes all or most of a quest was filled in, but then I didn't have the coins to move forward. Doing rounds meant that inventory kept building but there were never enough coins.

Since the update building up the coins are almost automatic. Most of it comes from actually doing the quests.

My experience tells me a roll back won't happen. I can play either way, but players at lower levels that try to adjust will find the game much easier the way it is now.

For me, the inventory can be considered to be the same as coins -- you can sell the inventory and get coins! The difference is that the inventory could be used for whatever you may need or want at that time.

You want to decorate your room? Shard your inventory!
You need coins to open up the next area? Sell your inventory or use it to craft something that you can then sell!
You want to be able to gift some great stuff? Use your inventory!
You don't want to wait six hours (HOS recharge time) to finish a quest? You may have most of what you need already in your inventory!

When you just get 15 coins or 1 shard from the HOS, there's no way to create a personal strategy. Coins and shards each serve only one purpose: open areas/crafting money and room decoration. The inventory can be used for those purposes and more, making it possible to create a strategy to accomplish your goals.

For me, having so many options for the inventory is the challenge, whereas the coins and shards have simplified the game by giving you less options. Now there is no way for you to make a mistake. Have you ever sold something just to find out that you really need it for the next quest? I know I have, and I've learned from it.

I'm happy for everyone who's enjoying the changes, but I can't see how returning the HOS inventory drop will adversely affect anyone's game.

kitty4545
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by kitty4545 on Feb 22, 16 1:27 PM
Hi everyone,
It's interesting to see how people are getting around the changes.
I guess I'm not the only one doing this, and it works for players who had amassed a lot of inventory prior to the update and should work for lower level players too.
If you marry up two quests ie. I was asked for the wind of change so checked out the crafting list and saw that the cube of fortune includes this item, but I needed the punishing hand.
Make sure you don't do the second part of this character's demand.
I continued with a few quests and was then asked to visit the book of evil, so had to get 2 glowing darkness for this quest.
I then went to the six-paw and got the punishing hand with the 2 glowing darkness (a couple of attempts needed, but I used the other items that weren't the punishing hand to craft other things).
After crafting the cube of fortune there are two choices.
1. Don't visit the character who wanted the wind of change and do it all over again crafting cubes of fortune.
2. Visit the character who wanted the wind of change and move on.
Obviously you need cash for this so doing the rounds is essential to amass coinage, but remember not to visit the second part of the original character's quest (which is usually a HOS) if you are crafting.
You can have a couple of these on the go at once if you can marry up requested items that can be crafted.
The one thing that I do take umbrage with is characters asking for difficult to get ZZ items such as the pyramid of numbers, so keep an eye out for requests for these.
I have a pyramid of numbers at present, so if asked for this, I'll do the 2nd part of the character request (usually an HOS) and then I'll craft a life measurer and visit the character.
I get to benefit from a crafted item and the quest is complete without losing the pyramid of numbers.
Patience is rewarded here and I appreciate that this won't be to everyone's taste, maybe just the strategists in the castle but I'm enjoying the challenge and finding a use for the amassed ZZ items.
Hope this helps for those looking for a different way of playing after the update and I hope this makes sense!
Kitty

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Feb 22, 16 6:14 PM
Kitty, I think what you describe is what I call being handed craft for profit items. It really does happen.

I also do one for me and one for him for as items that are worth a lot of coins, but I need to need the coins badly. Obviously I am selling the one for me. I wish I had thought of it earlier because it works at the early levels when you are tempted to sell everything in sight.

I find there is a lot of strategy no matter how you play the game.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Feb 22, 16 6:57 PM
Kitty4545, what you describe is pretty much how I get extra coins when I encounter very expensive crafting costs or opening new areas/ZZs. Someone had posted a Crafting for Gold listing of the cost to craft/cost to sell certain items. Ancestor's Spirit is my "go to" as long as I have ample stamps to cover it and the things I need to craft for story line quests. I usually have more than one castle resident in my active quest list and work on multiple quest givers at a time. This sometimes works out great or can slow me down a bit...but for me it works out well most of the time because as I am doing the rounds I feel more like I am working towards completing quests instead of just going around and killing time...I'm bound to hit something that someone needs even if just a single piece for a ZZ, or something I can craft with. This is not everyone's cup of tea though. Most people prefer to only work on one person's requests at a time.

aaaaa888
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aaaaa888 on Feb 22, 16 7:10 PM
Usually I just "lurk", - read what's going on with the game, find answers to my questions and quietly thank everyone. I'm pretty old and don't usually do "social" stuff on a computer.

But Starling, you've got me a little confused - understand it could just be one of my senior moments.

You've gone from level 50 something to 69 in 30 days. Just to do 61 and 62 takes approximately 225,300 points (to craft and open new areas), assuming you have all the inventory you need).

At 65 coins for each HOS, that's 3,466 quests (assuming you get coins or sell an inventory item for every HOS - I just disregarded the shards). So to complete the remaining 6 (assuming each level doesn't get harder) that's another 10,398 quests for a total of 13,864 quests or 462 quests each day.

There must be something else to your strategy as that would be (assuming it takes a minute to do the HOS and then figure out the next step), 7.7 hours per day, or multiple coin purchases, every day since the update.

Whether you like or dislike the update, playing over 7 hours every day would be a successful strategy.

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Feb 22, 16 8:21 PM
aaaaa888, I'm not positive exactly where I was, so I might have been at 60 when this started. I certainly have not been doing 400+ quests a day. But I have been moving very fast.

I just checked. On January 29 I was at level 63. Still very fast. I have never had all the inventory I need. Last week I calculated that I went to the same HOS 12 times for one crafting. Actually there were two of them, each 12 times.

I'm retired and I need a lot of recliner time. So I am there a lot with my kindle. But I've been sick the last two weeks, so there has also been a lot of napping. I doubt if I've been playing 7 hours a day.

I have never bought coins. I did some crafting for profit, and my pets like me.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Feb 22, 16 8:51 PM
Brave_Gemini wrote:
Starling41 wrote:Wolfheze, you have said something I have wanted to say for quite a while. When I breezed through a couple of levels months ago I knew there was a problem with the game. I had enough inventory then that sometimes all or most of a quest was filled in, but then I didn't have the coins to move forward. Doing rounds meant that inventory kept building but there were never enough coins.

For me, the inventory can be considered to be the same as coins -- you can sell the inventory and get coins! The difference is that the inventory could be used for whatever you may need or want at that time.

You want to decorate your room? Shard your inventory!
You need coins to open up the next area? Sell your inventory or use it to craft something that you can then sell!
You want to be able to gift some great stuff? Use your inventory!
You don't want to wait six hours (HOS recharge time) to finish a quest? You may have most of what you need already in your inventory!

When you just get 15 coins or 1 shard from the HOS, there's no way to create a personal strategy. Coins and shards each serve only one purpose: open areas/crafting money and room decoration. The inventory can be used for those purposes and more, making it possible to create a strategy to accomplish your goals.

For me, having so many options for the inventory is the challenge, whereas the coins and shards have simplified the game by giving you less options. Now there is no way for you to make a mistake. Have you ever sold something just to find out that you really need it for the next quest? I know I have, and I've learned from it.

I'm happy for everyone who's enjoying the changes, but I can't see how returning the HOS inventory drop will adversely affect anyone's game.

Brave_Gemini:

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Feb 23, 16 6:20 AM
Brave_Gemini wrote:

I guess I feel the absolute opposite. Having a lot of inventory and choices made playing through the story quests however you want to seem very easy - you have a ton of choices, whereas not having the extra inventory makes you stop and think how to best use what little you do have - especially if you are like me and don't like going around and around just to build up coins and not make progress on story quests.

Everyone is different and everyone finds something to like or dislike, that challenges or does not...the nature of things in general.

Linn - level 55 of the journey

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Feb 24, 16 5:31 AM
I'm with Linn. I believe I use strategy all the time. What I am not doing anymore is selling everything in sight hysterically.

aaaaa888
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aaaaa888 on Feb 24, 16 7:37 AM
Okay folks, everyone has to get the same number of points, the same inventory to advance.

Whether you choose to do 4 mini rounds, 2 complete rounds, or one character quest per day, feed your pets or sell the pet eggs, you still have to amass the same "stuff".

Facts are facts, with the upgrade, it will take longer to get the same "stuff". Whether that is good or bad, if it makes you happier with the game or unhappier with the game, it's your choice.

Taking one part of a comment, out of context, and responding with "hysterically selling everything in sight" seems perilously close to violating forum rules. Could I say "hysterically inflating how fast you can progress with the new update"?

[Post New]by Brave_Gemini on Feb 24, 16 2:03 PM
Starling41 wrote:I'm with Linn. I believe I use strategy all the time. What I am not doing anymore is selling everything in sight hysterically.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that your idea of strategy was less valid than mine. After all, strategy is just a fancy word for plan. While I understand Linn's point about having to carefully consider how to use what little inventory you have, my personal preference is to have more options so everyone's strategy/plan can be more individualized. One player may sell everything they've got to amass enough coins to open the next area. Another player may craft items to sell at a higher profit to amass the coins. Still another player may choose to do the rounds to get the coins. Having these options mean that you don't have to sell everything in sight if you don't want to. I don't want to make anyone change the way they play the game, and I'm thrilled for everyone that's still having fun. I'm only trying to explain my point of view, and even if we disagree, I think we all just want enjoy playing this great game.

Edited on 02/24/2016 at 2:05:21 PM PST

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Feb 24, 16 5:28 PM
Excuse me if I offended anyone. The person I was referring to as being hysterical was me several months ago. I actually got the feed 20 pets achievement during one of those episodes. Only the last three feedings were intended.

That was back a few months ago when I had no strategy and was the reason I knew I needed one. These days I don't sell anything. Instead I work to keep topping up my coin totals.

When it comes to coins, we all do the same kind of work to get them. But there are differences in how many coins we each think is our minimum, and how badly we want a large inventory, or if we work with a small one. The difference between inventory strategies changes the game.

I also see a big difference in what kind of inventory I am collecting. Lots more zz items, for example. And I wonder where the game is going with that.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Feb 25, 16 12:15 AM
I appreciate everyone's detailed explanations of how they play MC . I am more like BraveGemini, , but trying to figure out how to adjust to changes made in the game.
So understanding how and why someone enjoys the game changes is useful.
Not saying I enjoy the changes mind you....

Have noted, game is slowly being altered as we play. HOS drops better items. Can find good Hos items in dice games, DQ ( did all the side quests I wanted to do for now) and the wheel of fortune. Even get great crafted items.

BUT all this is left mostly to CHANCE.

If you roll a win in dice game,

If HOS drops an item ( not shard , coin, lowered value item)
Also seems to run in cycle, that Hos drops mainly coins and shards, and then more HOS items.

If you win spin on wheel.

Appears the "odds" have slightly improved for all,of this.

Yes, combined as many "quests" as possible, like 2 side quests characters, Trina, DQ.
Along with crafting.

Re-figuring how to gift items friends would want (higher , valued items) and still be able to progress myself.
[example, prior to completing a main storyline character quest, gift item to friends, before you complete task for your game]
But don't have any for now on L69

An in game message ability would help with this, so you could alert friends to place item on their wish list.

Hopefully all will understand, we all have different points of view. I personally like the previous setup......but so it goes......

Crystal ; P ---- still in the game

FlWrestle
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by FlWrestle on Feb 25, 16 6:15 PM
To anyone who thinks they won't roll back this update. It is very hard to believe that the DEVs are unaware of how unpopular the update is, and how many players have already quit. I think that if the shard and coin drop is not removed by the next update, that at least 1/2 of the current players who have reached the maximum level will abandon the game altogether (if not substantially more). A lot of people are just holding on, and checking in once in a while to see if rounds become worthwhile again. I have well over 200 friends, and I haven't received any HOS gift items from any of them since this horrible update with two exceptions. One is a friend who changed his name to say "Thanks to my friends" and is liquidating his inventory before he quits altogether, and the other is John 121, the bot. Of all of the 40 or so 69th level friends who were always active gift exchangers, only one has continued to gift, and she only gives pet food. I suspect most of the others have left for good, although I hope an update reversal might encourage some of them to return.
The game has dropped drastically in the Big Fish ratings since the update, and I think the DEVs will do what is required to bring it back up in popularity... in other words, fix the HOS catastrophe.

Go to: