Very Sad Day

[Post New]by anglegirlsandy on Apr 15, 18 1:10 PM
This morning we got some very sad news about my brother. He has had a growth in his throat for a while now. He didn't want to go have it checked, god only knows why. He finally got to where he couldn't eat. Everything would come right back up because it wasn't making it past the growth to his stomach. Then the same thing was happening when he would try to drink. He went to the emergency room and they sent him to Toledo hosipital and they ran a scope down his throat and took samples and it came back positive for cancer. At that time they said he was to weak to send home so they were gonna put a feeding tube in him. Well when they opened him up he was full of cancer. This morning the doctors told my sister the only thing they can do now is send him home with pain patches and try to keep him confortable. He just lost his wife about 3 months ago
too. I just lost my husband 2 years ago and now it's my brother. One good thing and this may sound funny or bad to some of my friends on here but I have been having a hard time concentrating on anything. This morning it was very icy out so I didn't go to church. It just came to my mind to play my game for a bit. So I sat down and started making the rounds. Ya know, my mind was just racing and I wasn't even really concentrating on the game but I guess I've just played so much that I just starting clicking on objects in the rooms. When I realized I thought oh my, this game is even theraputic.(not spelled right.) I have always loved this game and I do play it a lot expecially since I lost my husband. I just ask for your prayers and I hope this don't sound to bad of me. This is a wonderful forum and I thank you all for listening. God bless.

Edited on 04/15/2018 at 1:20:51 PM PST

1blazer1
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Re:Very Sad Day

[Post New]by 1blazer1 on Apr 15, 18 1:20 PM
Hi anglegirlsandy.

I am so terribly sorry to hear about your brother. My heart goes out to you and your family. Sending prayers and hugs to you. I agree that this forum and the MC game are both therapeutic. Wonderful, supportive, caring people on here. All my best to you.

DeeDee

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Apr 15, 18 2:07 PM
I agree. Definitely therapeutic as it keeps my mind off things that are troubling on a daily basis.

Have fun around the Castle while putting your mind at ease

Something from Monty Python - Always look on the bright side of life

Best wishes for healing

datsalotta / aka *piesy

Darlene1225
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Darlene1225 on Apr 15, 18 2:16 PM
I'm so sorry about your loss find peace in knowing his family was their helping him to the end. My father died of throat cancer almost twenty years ago, it was very hard to watch him slowly dying and not being able to help. Sometimes I get so angry thinking about all the people suffering with cancer and instead of spending more money for cancer research the government continues giving so much of our money to other countries. I believe in the old saying take care of your family first, any leftovers help the others...

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 15, 18 2:21 PM
I am so sorry to hear your news & am sending (((((hugs)))))) to surround you.You can deal will this any way you like & if it means loosing yourself in MC for a while that’s fine too if it helps you to cope.
My very best wishes
Ros

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Apr 15, 18 2:44 PM
I am so sorry. Do not feel guilty! Sending hugs and prayers for peace of mind.

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 15, 18 3:26 PM
Very sad indeed Anglegirlsandy. I am so sorry you have to anticipate another big loss.
Do no feel bad about loosing yourself in MC, the “ automatic pilot” you are on and other repetitive activities have a soothing effect on the brain. Many here will tell you that it helps with their chronic pains.

So no guilt feelings and keep sharing your thoughts, you will always find a sympathetic ear in here.

P.S. Darlene giving ony leftovers is not true generosity

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Apr 15, 18 4:10 PM
I am so sorry and feel with you!

Loopy_karen
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by Loopy_karen on Apr 15, 18 4:32 PM
If it wasn't for another site that I played before this 1 with my youngest daughter
that she loved when she was wee I would have lost my sanity with grief 2 years ago
so I can relate to what you mean here angle I lost my beloved mother very suddenly on June of that year then I lost 1 of my best friends on Christmas night the same year who left a young family of 3 boys I also have an uncle who we all care for whos had a number of ops etc for cancer for 13 yrs now... the only solace I found was to go on auto pilot with games hugs

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 15, 18 6:04 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss! As others have said, what works for you is totally okay and np judgment here. We all find solace in the game and our forum family, so you're not alone. Sending gentle hugs and prayers your way!

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Apr 15, 18 7:09 PM
I am sure there are many others who are silently sending you hugs and prayers....it can be so hard to offer words that you hope will help.....so please know many thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of need......and many of us find solace in this game.....

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Apr 15, 18 8:24 PM
I'm so very sorry for your losses (((hugs))). My heart goes out to you.

You don't sound bad at all, we're all human and trying to do the best we can.

I find this game has been helping me through very rough times .

Prayers for you,

Sue (Suenamie)

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Apr 16, 18 3:16 PM
My prayers are with you!
So sorry I can not find the right words but I feel with you!

ohpleeze
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Apr 17, 18 2:51 PM

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Apr 17, 18 4:17 PM
My heart goes out to you ! I am dealing with a similiar situation with three of my siblings so I totally understand what you are going through. Hugs and prayers to you.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 17, 18 4:28 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Even though many of us are not in game friends, I consider this forum to be my extended family.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Apr 18, 18 8:28 AM
I'm so sorry. Words beyond that fail me. I'm glad you found Midnigh Castle to be therapeutic. So, have fun stormin' the castle, when you're feeling up to it.

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Apr 18, 18 11:16 AM
Oh my...I am very sorry to hear this...sending all my best wishes to you <3

Go to: