Days are not counted correctly

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Jul 25, 10 4:32 PM

Is anyone else having trouble with the days as they are being counted by the program?

Sometimes I get I finished the Quest in 2 days, but I know it was 3. Alternatively,
I finish in 3 days and it says I finished in 4 days...Also, each Quest seems to be confusing as to what the number of days is for an Expert score (the expert score on the Quest page sometimes doesn't equal the one at the bottom page.)

I'm counting a day as meaning when I press the Start of Day button till timer ends.

Am I not seeing something correctly since no one else has mentioned this???

Re:Days are not counted correctly

[Post New]by catz63 on Jul 25, 10 10:54 PM
You are not seeing or missing anything. You are correct. My daughter pointed it out this afternoon. After trying for soooo long to to reach one quest, she suddenly realised she was being cheated of a day by pushing start.
I on the other hand would just like to get the 8 violets requested, and can only get 7. I am one who loves to get expert on every level. Any clues anyone.

Cheers.
Cathy with a C from N.Z

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jul 27, 10 5:24 PM
If you are in the middle of the quest, the days need to complete at expert level change as you progress. For instance, if the quest takes 3 days for expert level, on the first day it will say 3 days to expert, then the second day it will say 2 days and so on. So it keeps track for you. When it is down to 1 day, you must complete it that cycle (between the time you press start day and the day ends).
Hope this helps.

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Jul 28, 10 10:58 AM
cstdenis wrote:If you are in the middle of the quest, the days need to complete at expert level change as you progress. For instance, if the quest takes 3 days for expert level, on the first day it will say 3 days to expert, then the second day it will say 2 days and so on. So it keeps track for you. When it is down to 1 day, you must complete it that cycle (between the time you press start day and the day ends).
Hope this helps.

Hi, I understand now about the bottom of the page days decreasing as you go, but the number of the days is still incorrect sometimes. Try counting manually throughout the game. Please let us know if you have (or have not) any discrepencies. I appreciate your comments. You helped with the box at the bottom, Thank you.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jul 28, 10 3:18 PM
I think it doesn't count the day as "over" yet until you hit the start day button. So I went back and played a quest where the clock said "Day: 9" I had 2 days to complete the quest. I hit the start day button and the clock immediately said "Day:10", so that was the first day of the quest. I finished it all but did not click the complete button, so I could use the full two days. I then clicked start day again and it said "Day: 11", at the end of that day, I clicked the complete button and it said I used 1 day to complete the quest.
I think it is because I had not clicked the "Start Day" button again before I completed the quest. I'm guessing what happens is it starts from the first day number and subtracts the last day number to come up with the total days. That's why it told me I had used only 1 day (11 - 10 = 1), If I had completed it the next day (day 12), then it would have told me I used two days (when I really had used 3 "sessions" to complete the quest). I used the word "sessions" instead of days, because the game doesn't count the day as over until you press the start day button.

Anyway, I think it errs in your favor if it doesn't count the days correctly. Hope this helps you.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jul 28, 10 3:20 PM
catz63 wrote:You are not seeing or missing anything. You are correct. My daughter pointed it out this afternoon. After trying for soooo long to to reach one quest, she suddenly realised she was being cheated of a day by pushing start.
I on the other hand would just like to get the 8 violets requested, and can only get 7. I am one who loves to get expert on every level. Any clues anyone.

Cheers.
Cathy with a C from N.Z

You might try planting more of that plant, so you can get the required number in the quest. If you don't have enough money for that, you may have to go back to previous quests and redo them (taking the full allotment of days), so that you can earn money and stuff to give you the edge in future quests.

[Post New]by HeavilyAddicted on Jul 31, 10 5:13 PM

cstdenis -

I think you are correct about the "Start Day" button. Also, I noticed the game starts at Day "0" and doesn't turn to Day "1" until you do press the "Start Day" button.

However, I still think the counting of the days is off sometimes; but you are right - I am going to count the days my way. I think the program could be better about this, but I still like the game.

And I agree with your strategy about playing till the end of the Expert deadline even if you finish the quest early.. Of course you could lose all your plants during the extra days/sessions, but I think it's worth the risk.

Thank you for replaying the game to help with this day/session confusion. Your comments were very helpful and thank you for replying to this discussion. Please feel free to reply if you find out something else.

Edited on 07/31/2010 at 5:19:35 PM PST

Go to: