bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Steve The Sheriff ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 26, 10 12:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Re:Post any Steve The Sheriff ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jul 26, 10 12:47 PM
The Steve the Sheriff mac bug has not been completely fixed. On my iMac with Snow Leopard, if you quit in the middle of a level, when you come back the list is blank. At this point you have to trash the game and go to the .dmg file again, reload the game, and then the list reappears. Your game progress is saved. I tried quitting before starting one of the Find the Differences games. When I came back instead of showing me how many differences that I needed to find, the list actually showed me a couple of the items and the word ERROR several times. You need to finish everything in a particular level and then use Command Q to quit before entering a new location.

Also, in the Chinese Shop Bedroom, I can't get the crowbar to work. Wasn't able to see if trashing and reloading worked as I had run out of demo time.

LynFrank
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by LynFrank on Jul 30, 10 12:06 PM
This is my very first quibble - I could not get to exit the game during any part of play. I tried to go to the main menu, but it would not let me, and at the end of each section (or chapter) there was no main menu to go to. Never mind though - I got through using the pause to go do chores or whatever. I just could not turn the computer off.
AND when is a flashlight a lamp?

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Jul 30, 10 3:07 PM
I bought the game today. I was really enjoying it until I got to the bar. While looking for the last two "bottles", the game froze up and would not respond. Had to do the control, alt, delete and close it from the task manager.

Editing here...I went back to the game a time or two because, being a bit of a mental midget, it took me a little bit to figure out what was going on. The game worked fine until I hit the hint cigar on the left. As long as I didn't hit the hint button, the game was fine. I finally, finally found that last darn bottle and the game moved ahead like it was supposed to.

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 3:47:10 PM PST

[Post New]by megbea on Aug 2, 10 10:26 AM
How do the tips work? I click on the cigar & nothing happens . I lose the tips that I have accumulated .

[Post New]by blessedmom1 on Aug 4, 10 1:57 PM
At the every first level "Steve's House" I find all items then go to get under the bed for the Badge and it would let me. Mag glass spins but won't zoom in.

Addreamy
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Addreamy on Aug 8, 10 8:02 PM
RyeMcLaughlin wrote:The Steve the Sheriff mac bug has not been completely fixed. On my iMac with Snow Leopard, if you quit in the middle of a level, when you come back the list is blank. At this point you have to trash the game and go to the .dmg file again, reload the game, and then the list reappears. Your game progress is saved. I tried quitting before starting one of the Find the Differences games. When I came back instead of showing me how many differences that I needed to find, the list actually showed me a couple of the items and the word ERROR several times. You need to finish everything in a particular level and then use Command Q to quit before entering a new location.

oh, thank you, Rye! i will try that. i'm having the same problem on my powerbook g4 running Tiger. nice to know there is an option!

i finally gave up on the cigar hints - apparently they don't work.

[Post New]by mahjkat on Aug 11, 10 8:03 AM
Cant get the last clue to work. In the reception area of the hotel, hints says "part of message is behind the seaweed on bookshelves. However, when I try there, the time just runs down - very fustrating!! Is it a technical issue or am I not doing something? I only have an umbrella in the drawer.

[Post New]by CaliBarbi on Apr 2, 11 7:43 PM
I have the same technical problem as 'blessedmom1' from August last year. She wrote: "At the every first level "Steve's House" I find all items then go to get under the bed for the Badge and it wouldn't let me. Mag glass spins but won't zoom in. "

In my case, I'm unable to find the Flashlight also. This is PC version, not Mac.

Edited on 04/02/2011 at 7:45:54 PM PST

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Dec 3, 11 6:42 PM
I'm in the museum with the dinosaur bones. There is a plate hidden there and I can't pick it up. I can't finish the list either because I can't pick up the darn plate. All that happens is the magnifying glass gets big and starts spinning around. So how do I proceed now?

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Dec 8, 11 10:14 AM
Never mind: got it. My own fault for not realizing I had to clear away the top item first. Done now. Love the Steve the Sheriff games.

Go to: