Agree on New Home?

 
wbzorker
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by wbzorker on Apr 16, 18 4:03 PM
Folks, instead of losing touch with everyone here, could most of us agree on a different place? Must be free.

Wendy www

 
Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 16, 18 4:18 PM
Yes! Check out TJ's thread for a possible home.

 
gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by gripes on Apr 16, 18 4:49 PM
lets look into possibly starting a google + midnight castle forum ..where social site tech savy to get it started

 
tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by tesamoine on Apr 16, 18 5:16 PM
A while back, a bunch of people started their own site when they were unhappy with the current forums. Pond friends was one. Perhaps someone can do something like that. It's a website. I am totally not tech savvy or Id be the first to volunteer!!!

 

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Apr 16, 18 7:19 PM
Pond Friends is still open. You could certainly go there and make a Midnight Castle thread or threads there. Why reinvent the wheel when someone already has. It's a great forum.

 

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 16, 18 7:38 PM
I use pond friends too

 
amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 16, 18 8:58 PM
I’ll go where the cricket goes

 
amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 16, 18 11:56 PM
wbzorker wrote:Folks, instead of losing touch with everyone here, could most of us agree on a different place? Must be free.

Wendy www


It also has to be for all three platforms,Pc, android and ios

 
Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 17, 18 12:41 AM
New home is here

http://forums.delphiforums.com/MidnightCastle

It needs some TLC, though.

Cheers,

Jenifer

 
Rammygirl
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by Rammygirl on Apr 17, 18 12:43 AM
I just registered on pond friends. Did we get a concensus on new home? Will have a look at Delphi now

 
siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by siberlene on Apr 17, 18 12:52 AM
It's a great plan but might be unnecessary soon.

As sad as it is, I believe it's not just the forums that are closing down. I have a feeling Big Fish Games will soon be going in a very different direction.

Churchill Downs recently sold Big Fish Games to Aristocrat Technologies which is a social online casino company. There's no guarantee that Aristocrat will continue the format which has been Big Fish Games' model. It will likely just become a gambling site. Would they have paid $990 million for FTP games?

I hope I'm wrong but I think the writing is on the wall.

 
Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 17, 18 1:39 AM
Rammygirl wrote:I just registered on pond friends. Did we get a concensus on new home? Will have a look at Delphi now


You can have both, my dear.

We'll just post links in the two forums so anyone can interact in either.

Cheers,

Jenifer

 
charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 17, 18 3:01 AM
WE HAVE A NEW HOME IT HAS BEEN CREATED FOR MC PLAYERS. I WENT THERE IT WAS EASY, FREE, AND SOME OF OUR FRIENDS WERE ALREADY THERE.

GEN_1236 ADD THAT LINK HERE ALSO. IF AN OLD LADY WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THIS STUFF CAN FIND IT AND GET IN EASILY OTHERS WHO COME WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM.

JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH.

LOOKED AT THE POND THE VIBS OF THE POLICY SENT ME AWAY.

TO MUCH I DID NOT WANT IN THAT POLICY.


 
__TJ__
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by __TJ__ on Apr 17, 18 6:32 AM
Bumping this to keep this issue on the top page

 
Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 17, 18 6:36 AM

Oh, Charlie!

I thought you were a boy!

I'll change Charlie Boy to Charlie Girl and help you get the font you need for all your posting desires.

Cheers,

Jenifer


 
Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 17, 18 6:37 AM
__TJ__ wrote:Bumping this to keep this issue on the top page


Oh, to be able to bump without getting into trouble!


 
betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by betslou41 on Apr 17, 18 6:55 AM
siberlene wrote:It's a great plan but might be unnecessary soon.

As sad as it is, I believe it's not just the forums that are closing down. I have a feeling Big Fish Games will soon be going in a very different direction.

Churchill Downs recently sold Big Fish Games to Aristocrat Technologies which is a social online casino company. There's no guarantee that Aristocrat will continue the format which has been Big Fish Games' model. It will likely just become a gambling site. Would they have paid $990 million for FTP games?

I hope I'm wrong but I think the writing is on the wall.


I have to agree with you !!! I am having vibes of A/K !!! I played that game to the end, then moved on !!! I will do the same with this one !!! Good luck to all, it was great while it lasted !!!
Betslou41

 

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 17, 18 7:23 AM
Big Fish Games is NOT going anywhere, they are still producing HOPA casual games,

It would not make sense for the Aristocrat Technologies to buy Big Fish for $990 million and then dissolve Big Fish Games

The only change is the forums will no longer be a community exchange for us players

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 7:57:37 AM PST


 
Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by Luckypool on Apr 17, 18 8:02 AM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:Yes! Check out TJ's thread for a possible home.

We're all trying to find TJ's fred. Can you post the link up please?

OK I'm in.
Here's the linky:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/MidnightCastle

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 8:09:42 AM PST


 
ohpleeze
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

Re:Agree on New Home?

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Apr 17, 18 8:02 AM
Gen_1236 wrote:New home is here

http://forums.delphiforums.com/MidnightCastle

It needs some TLC, though.

Cheers,

Jenifer


I cannot find how to login.

 
 
 
 
Go to: