__TJ__
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

TJ's friends especially & anyone else here interested !!!

[Post New]by __TJ__ on Apr 16, 18 4:07 PM
I'm very sad to hear the news of BFG forums shutting down I really don't want to lose this family I've just started to get to know. I was heavily involved in another game "War Dragons" in which you played in teams however, the actual game did not have a very user friendly chat system, so many downloaded the Line app. It is a wonderful way to stay in contact & it's a much more easy & user friendly chat system. You can post real pictures, stickers, & use your phones emojis, This became a very popular form of communication.. I can see this as a way of keeping us together maybe even closer as it can be much more personal for those that want to share more personal stuff. Example we could see cute pictures of the new kitten from Spain I saw posted about ) But mainly we can post questions as we do here & we can post screenshots of stuff in the game or from the hopefully as they say will stay intact Face book & links from this forum. Different rooms can be created a free for all room which could contain everyone here who wants to join, or create personalized specific rooms w/ just your friends etc... could be a room for announcements & important info w/ limited or no chatting just screen shots of current info from the Face book. I don't know but it's an idea so please if you are interested before it's too late & we forever lose this opportunity to keep in touch download the app Line & post your user info here or pm me so we can create a MC room & start adding our friends also Moderaters from this site that want to come w/ us & continue to help give info about CS issues that would be great! I don't know if we will be able to get people to make this change I really hope some will but in any case I had to try.

Sincerely TJ

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:TJ's friends especially & anyone else here interested !!!

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 16, 18 4:15 PM
Hi TJ, I don't think I'm on your friends list but I, too, am devastated by this news. My main concern is also losing contact with all the wonderful friends we've all made here and losing our social thread like The Special Room for fun. That being said, there are some of us seniors that don't use any social media (and I REALLY don't trust doing so) but am wondering how we're all going to stay in touch.

I don't know what this LINE app is you refer to. Is there some way I can read up on it? If so, where, please? Will it mean we're vulnerable (like Facebook and other social media sites)?

I'm so NOT tech savvy, which may also be the case for many others on this forum, which also concerns me in finding another way to stay in touch!

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ada

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Apr 16, 18 4:48 PM
what about starting a google + ...... midnight castle forum

__TJ__
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by __TJ__ on Apr 16, 18 4:58 PM
Hi Sharpeyes, I tried a few times posting a link however, I believe something in the link is keeping my posts from posting so I had remove it but all did was simply google search Line app to get the link so you can do that I'm sorry I am unable to post it here. But what the Line app is in a nutshell is a completely free Text messaging or chat app. It can be downloaded through the Apple Store or Google play store. My husband just said it can also be accessed through the PC, I'm not sure exactly how that works as I've only accessed it from my I phone. But if this is what everyone decides they want to do I will get more info or anyone here more knowledgeable than me can also post below. I know when I signed up it gave me 2 options using a face book acct or my phone number. (Which to put everyone's minds at ease is completely confidential.) there is actually a function for those that use their phone number to call eachother using the app but it calls directly to the persons phone without giving out the number basically if you receive a call it will show via caller ID it's a line call & you can easily ignore it the way you do a solicitor calling you it's entirely up you whether you want to take advantage of that part or not. I'm not sure if this is what everyone wants to do but if it is I'm already established & can start creating a room or rooms for us. I just really hope we do find somewhere we can all keep in touch.

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 5:03:41 PM PST

cindykat325
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by cindykat325 on Apr 16, 18 5:12 PM
from what I've read LINE is like Skype - you can message but it wouldn't create a forum type thing for us

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Apr 16, 18 5:13 PM
gripes wrote:what about starting a google + ...... midnight castle forum

I'm not sure how that works, but I think a forum instead of a chat would work better?

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 16, 18 5:16 PM
cindykat325 wrote:from what I've read LINE is like Skype - you can message but it wouldn't create a forum type thing for us

If it is like Skype, you can create a discussion(s) and invite people to join, it will be something like a thread.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 16, 18 5:23 PM
IT HAS TO BLOODY EASY, AND FREE.

THIS PLACE IS MY SAFE ROOM. NOW THE THUGS HAVE FOUND IT AND ARE DISTROYING IT. THIS FORUM WAS A LIFE LINE WHEN MY HUSBAND WAS DYING.

I REALLY HATE THAT IT IS BEING TAKEN AWAY. TO THOSE WHO COMPLAINED THE THE MOD'S NEEDED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE NIGHTLY VISITORS

I KNOW IT HAS BEEN SAID. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR. THE ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM JUST CAME AND BIT US ALL IN THE BACKSIDE.

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Apr 16, 18 5:31 PM
gamewise has a castle page and a forum .. we'd have to get use to the different set up check it out gamewise...

I just did a bing search....

there is also a site called casualgames with a castle page and open forum...where we can gather that is a bit more similar to this one... someone go check them out ...

get opinion's from the rest of us and lets get started..

BF i'd never ever think to be disloyal to this site...and I do mean i'd not ever have thought to... this is devastating to say the least....I come to this site every am first thing to check out the new game and to read reviews ... ahhhhhhhhhhh.. now where will I go first thing in the morning....

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 5:32:31 PM PST

__TJ__
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by __TJ__ on Apr 16, 18 5:33 PM
It is a chat but you can create different rooms to function in what're capacity you need. Example we would have one big Room hopefully w/ majority of everyone here on this forum. That would be a free for all personal chat, game info basically anything. Then you could create a Info only room where chat would be restricted it would be to post info those on Face book may have that those on not face book wouldn't see this could be done via screen shot of the Face book page or just Typed out message explaining whatever the info was... you can also create rooms for Seniors only or the "Special room" I'm not sure what that is basically you limit who is invited in the sub-rooms So you may want one for just your friends in game. Also there is PMing where you just chat one on one with someone. Each time you log into Line it saves the place you last were so you don't lose any info. It's not set up like a forum where you have topics ' click on each one it's constantly moving chat. You scroll through and can stop and read what interested you or if it's just a lot of stickers or chit chat your not interested in mainly the free for all room you can just scoll through & skim. In each rooms probably especially the info only type rooms you can create notes those items turned into notes can be accessed easily to look back on tips & tricks given etc apart from the chat room parts. I hope this better helps you picture how it could be used.

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 5:37:58 PM PST

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Apr 16, 18 5:35 PM
I know I suggested google + .. is it a phone ap....???? I have no clue !!!!!!

no way I don't phone either.. no facebook and no cell phone..

__TJ__
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by __TJ__ on Apr 16, 18 5:39 PM
My husband said as stated earlier you can access Line using your PC as well. I'm just not that knowledgeable how that works as I use my phone.

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Apr 16, 18 5:43 PM
I have used Line app for years. It is available through all devices including PC versions. I use both and they are interchangeable. You can be logged in multiple devices.

I play an android game and we use Line to chat.

There are not any forums but you can create about any kinda of room you wish and invite those you want. It is an invite only way of working you cant just join a group.

If someone is invited and joins a group and causes problems they can simply be removed.

You can also create notes attached to the group. Like the help threads although that might be a major undertaking.

If anyone has line and wants to add me just send me a message.

It might be a short term fix till some other means can be discussed. Or a group can be created to discuss alternatives. I know I have several ideas that may possibly work.

cindykat325
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by cindykat325 on Apr 16, 18 6:01 PM
I've found a couple existing forums so far. Hopefully I can post the info here without it getting edited or removed. I know there are rules about website info in the forum but it's not like we have much choice!!!

casual game guides .com has one that seems to be a lot like what we are used to without the PM function

something called Neoseeker has one too - it's empty, also has no PM function

OH I'm so sad - just found out we have a Wiki site too - it says "Midnight Castle has a vigorous and friendly community on the Big Fish Games forum. Both the PC and iPad players share the forum even though each version of the game is separate from the other. " not anymore

cindykat325

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Apr 16, 18 6:12 PM
This totally sucks! I finally find a place to hang out online and it closes! I am at a loss for words!

The suggestions are interesting but I haven’t heard of these apps and websites before.

I have a suggestion to contribute. Yahoo has a Groups feature and I happen to have 2 story groups that died. I might be able to convert the lesser used one to an MC group (I hope).

You will need to sign up for a Yahoo account but once you join a group, you can use what ever email that you want for notifications.

Ame

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 6:21:19 PM PST

cindykat325
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by cindykat325 on Apr 16, 18 6:16 PM
Let us know Ame, please!!!
Do folks have to have a Yahoo account to access them? Not sure how other folks feel about creating accounts...

Cindy

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 16, 18 6:17 PM
FreakieFaerie wrote:I have used Line app for years. It is available through all devices including PC versions. I use both and they are interchangeable. You can be logged in multiple devices.

I play an android game and we use Line to chat.

There are not any forums but you can create about any kinda of room you wish and invite those you want. It is an invite only way of working you cant just join a group.

If someone is invited and joins a group and causes problems they can simply be removed.

You can also create notes attached to the group. Like the help threads although that might be a major undertaking.

If anyone has line and wants to add me just send me a message.

It might be a short term fix till some other means can be discussed. Or a group can be created to discuss alternatives. I know I have several ideas that may possibly work.

This is just so hard to take in! I think there are a lot of us that don't have a clue about options as we don't participate on any social media sites. Believe it or not, there also are some of us who don't even own a cell phone!

So, please....suggestions are welcome so folks like me can follow along to whatever or wherever it's decided works for us all! But, as others have said, it would have to be free, easy to navigate, and secure!

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Apr 16, 18 6:24 PM
All,

I've created a new thread suggesting the site Tumblr to create a new community. Check out my description in the thread and see what you think. It's the first site I could think of that might meet our needs, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Astra

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Apr 16, 18 6:24 PM
Yes, you will need to sign up for a Yahoo account but you don’t have to use the accompanying email account. You can use any emai that you want for notifications once you join a group.

Joining Yahoo is free. The only thing you have to pay for is if you want to fully use the email. Keeping it webmail keeps it free if you need to use the email.

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 6:31:20 PM PST

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Apr 16, 18 6:25 PM
All,

I should mention, Tumblr is free, and you don't have to add any personal information other than an e-mail address (I think).

Astra

Go to: