Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

Question for announcement

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 16, 18 4:37 PM
Since the thread for the announcement about the forums is locked I would like to know how to go to the BF page on facebook to view info about game updates and events with out having to create a facebook account, can someone explain how to do that?

This is a big negative blow to the gaming, we will no longer be able to get help and tips from other gamers, this really sucks.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Question for announcement

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 16, 18 4:46 PM
Hello Lambina,

That's an excellent question and I can provide some clarifications here. Our Facebook page for Gummy Drop! is a public page, which means players are not required to sign in to or have a Facebook account to view and read those posts. You can see them now at the link below without an account:

Gummy Drop! Facebook Page

That page will contain any update messages or new content and announcements that will be provided as they are obtained and doesn't require you to have a Facebook account to read. Even though players without a Facebook account will be unable to ask their own questions, there may be posts from other players on there that can assist with game play tips and hints.

Thank you for letting us know what you will miss about the forums and for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 16, 18 5:06 PM
I clicked on the link and there is a big banner across the bottom of the page that can't be removed and it wants me to either log in or create an account, no thanks.
And what about future games? Is there going to be a facebook page for every new game that BF sells? And for every free to play game?

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 16, 18 5:43 PM
Hi Lambina,

I am sorry to hear that you're being asked to sign in or sign up when attempting to view that page, that's quite unusual. Being a public page, the content should be able to be scrolled through without an account.

As for your other questions, we will continue to share details of sales and new releases on the Big Fish Games Facebook page as well as via the newsletters and other means.

Most of our current catalog of free to play games have Facebook pages and the same will likely be true of future releases.

bfgMurrumbidgee

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Apr 17, 18 7:44 AM
Lambina - I was able to view items on the home page and the “Posts” page without signing in or creating an account — just ignored the banner.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Apr 17, 18 8:18 AM
Based on recent events regarding Facebook and privacy concerns, I will not be using Facebook anymore for games or any other reason. The founder recently admitted to Congress that FB collects data on ANYONE who uses the service, even if you are not a member.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 17, 18 8:59 AM
I place a high value on my privacy and now more than ever I will not give any of my personal data to a social media site for any reason. If one outside company was able to collect the data of 80 million fb users then it seems highly likely that others have too, I don't think all the facts have came out about fb and I am so glad I never had a account there. It is hard enough to keep our data safe just with the companies that we have to do business with let alone put it all out there on the internet, and despite all the assurances they give us Anything can be hacked and facebook is a giant web of connected people.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 17, 18 4:08 PM
I agree on the fb stuff, even though I do have a fb account, but I ONLY have it to keep in touch wtih family and friends whilst any of them are overseas etc and its been handy for saving progress on this game, but I NEVER even post on it. I know a few people who put on their fb page every day things like where they are, what they are having for dinner, who they are with and quite frankly, in the words of Rhett Butler, 'I don't give a damn!' I do not care what anyone had for dinner and will never post rubbish like that but its been handy for a couple of things. Now, since all the issues with the privacy on fb, I am very glad I never made posts or put out that sort of stuff. And even though I do have the fb page, I don't want to use it for GD either. There is still a lot more info to come out about the fb issue and maybe by the time its all out in the open, I might even decide to just close my page and never go there again.

all_done
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by all_done on Apr 17, 18 5:38 PM
I do look at the GD Facebook page from time to time to see if there is mention of when a new city will open etc. I have never posted there and can't see myself ever doing so. There really aren't discussions or tips from anyone to help players. The vast majority of posts by individuals is just to **** about something. Unhappy people seem to gravitate to Facebook to vent.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 18, 18 11:00 AM
Hello Everyone,

I completely understand having concerns about Facebook's security. As bfgMurrumbidgee mentioned, since the Gummy Drop! Facebook page is public, it should be accessible without having to create an account. If there continues to be trouble viewing the Facebook page without an account, please take a screenshot of the account creation request that's received and email it to our Gummy Drop! Support Team. They'll take a deeper look into the matter.

The help article below contains instructions about how to take and send screenshots in case it's helpful:

Taking a screenshot
Attach a file to my email

Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if more questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 18, 18 12:16 PM
Many cash paying BF Club members don't want to go to facebook to look for game info and we should not have to, we want the forums maintained that we are paying to support through our monthly dues, BF has made a horrible decision, many people will be going to other gaming company sites that have forums and sell the exact same games.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 18, 18 5:28 PM
Hello Lambina,

Thank you for providing this suggestion. I'll pass it along to the appropriate parties. I'm very sorry we're no longer able to sustain the forum and provide the help with games that we did before. If more specific concerns arise, please PM me or another moderator. We're here to provide as much help and support as we can.

bfgBeruna

Go to: