AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

DEVASTATING NEWS.

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 16, 18 5:11 PM
I have just come from the MC forum, where bfgMurrumbidgee has posted that the

POSTING TO THE BIG FISH FORUMS AND PRIVATE MESSAGING WILL BE DISCONTINUED AS OF THE 30TH APRIL 2018.

This is a real blow to us die hard players as it will mean we will no longer be able to share tips and strategies for the games.

My understanding is that the forums will still be here for reading only.

I have made some good friends through this and MC that I will hate to lose contact with.

Dot, will be sending you a pm later today.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Re:DEVASTATING NEWS.

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 16, 18 5:30 PM
Hi AnnaDownes01,

Thank you for taking a moment of your time to share the news about the Big Fish Games forums with the Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' forum.

I have added an announcement to the top of this forum, which explains a little more.

An important announcement about the Big Fish Games Forums - April 16, 2018

You understanding is correct, the content here in the forum will remain intact for players to read and refer to.

bfgMurrumbidgee

nalanug
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by nalanug on Apr 17, 18 5:11 AM
First no updates to ART, now no forum posting. What's next ?

SassiD
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by SassiD on Apr 17, 18 6:32 AM
This game does not make money for them so there is no point for them to keep it running.
It's a sin though, it's a great game! I would prefer to pay a small amount to keep playing it if they would have full support behind it.
I was going to suggest somebody to open a chatroom somewhere and post the link here but it seems to me BF is shutting this game down, so not worth to even keep playing.
They should've sold the rights to run it to another company...
I am stopping playing it, I don't want to start it again as I have to just to loose everything in a near future.
So long everybody!

[Post New]by FishyBiotch on Apr 17, 18 9:42 AM
ok read this AND read the post at the top of the forum page but still a little confused ...

Is this for ALL BFG forum pages? or just the pages of games BFG no longer supports?

Certainly wish it was for NONE of the games, but if it must be I also am hoping its only for the non supported BFG games

If this is the case, I'm pretty sure it will destroy all the fun and I will eventually wander elsewhere to find something to do ... I will miss all my friends from here, and other forums

DEVASTATING doesn't even begin to describe this .... I have a few other words in my head but I'm pretty sure it would be considered inappropriate to share them here

*Butter_Cup*

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 17, 18 9:54 AM
While the news that BFG forums will become "read only" after April 30th is devastating, remember all of you ART fishies...many players have been playing ART since it's inception. They have played and gathered, dare I say, EVERYTHING there is to know about ART imaginable.

The lists are here and your questions have most likely been answered. Learn to use your Advanced Search, if it will still exist, and explore the Helpful Links thread where the Mods have gathered some of our most important lists and details. And remember your in-game friends you can still chat with.

Although I had played several of the Free to Play BF games, ART was my first BF forum to find and participate in. I have enjoyed eventually being able to provide help to others as it was provided to me.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 17, 18 1:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

I want to start by thanking everyone for expressing their thoughts and concerns about the recent announcement regarding the future of the forums. Our Moderator Team understand this announcement may have stirred some deep emotions for some of our players, and we are sympathetic to how this decision has impacted our players. We truly appreciate the community our players have created over the years, and we hope the friendships created here continue well into the future.

While I am here, I want to clarify that the decision made regarding the forums will affect the forums for all of the games on the Big Fish Games site. After April 30th, new posts will no longer be able to be created on any forum; threads and posts that currently exist, however, will be preserved, and players can still search for those threads and read their content.

I hope this helps in some way. Please feel free to reach out to one of our active Moderators if there are additional questions or concerns. We'll be happy to listen and provide whatever assistance we can.

bfgArinelle

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 17, 18 5:21 PM
To FishyBiotch and GulfCoastGuppy, you are both friends in one of more of my Midnight Castle games and I hope to keep you both.

I hope that bfgArinelle and the other mods won't take it amiss if I suggest you and any others that read this, if you haven't already done so, head across to the MC forum and take a look at our plans to keep our community alive and kicking.

Hope to see you all on another forum/forums somewhere, sometime.

I might add that a hope has been expressed that we may see a mod or two with us, even if they are incognito. We all know that they play the games as well as us.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 17, 18 5:38 PM
Yanno... someone who does such things could make user Facebook pages for these games. If it is done before they close out the forum for new entries it could be posted here; then it would be there for the future.

I think Boom Zap closed out there threads for ART so that is not an option.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 17, 18 6:02 PM
This is very true Oddly. The Mods have been gracious and allowed us to post other websites also as alternative forums.

I'm with you AnnaDownes. Already at delphi

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 18, 18 5:58 PM
Glad to see you there GulfCoastGuppy,

It's great that they are migrating a lot of the helpful stuff across.

Oddly, I know there are Face Book pages for many of the games, but a lot of players don't like to use Face Book. I myself have an account that I rarely use.

The Delphi site now has a good forum set up for MC and anyone with a bit of tech savvy could to the same for ART.

Under the circumstances, I'm sure we would be given permission to post the link here.

I don't have enough tech savvy to do it, so hopefully some one will be able to.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 18, 18 10:44 PM
I DO HOPE SO. I HAVE MANY FRIENDS HERE. AND THEIR INFORMATION IS VALUABLE TO ALL OF US WHO CAN'T SEEM TO KEEP TRACK OF OUR SPECIAL PAPERS FROM YEAR TO YEAR.

HOPE SOMEONE HER CAN DO FOR US WHAT THEY DID FOR MC. ANY INTERESTS AND HAVE THE KNOW HOW CHECK IT OUT.

I CAN BARELY DO THE UPDATES I HAVE NO PC KNOWLEDGE. MY HUBBY ALWAYS SAID ALL I KNOW ABOUT COMPUTERS IS HOW TO TURN THEM ON AND USUALLY GET THEM TO TURN OFF. NOT ALWAYS, IF THE BLOODY THING FREEZES I AM IN TROUBLE. I DID LEARN HOW TO USE TASK MANAGER AFTER HIS DEATH.

THAT IS ABOUT ALL. OLD DOG NO NEW TRICKS.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Apr 19, 18 8:13 AM
Having the old Forums for reference is fine, but what about problems with new games? How will we get help for those?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 19, 18 8:25 AM
lilyr wrote:Having the old Forums for reference is fine, but what about problems with new games? How will we get help for those?

It depends on the problem you're having. I suspect the BF CS is going to get overwhelmed later. If you are having problems getting a game to work on your computer or you notice significant (game-breaking) bugs, it would be best to contact the developer directly as many of them have websites elsewhere with contact info. A lot of the regulars who used to be on the Chit Chat Corner here before that went away are now at Pond Friends which I've recently registered at, so if you just want to generally discuss games or are looking for help on a game, try posting there.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Apr 19, 18 12:12 PM
Thanks SynthpopAddict. I belong to Pond Friends. I was thinking more along the lines of a person getting stuck in one spot and needing help. I play to relax, so I won't buy a HOPA unless the puzzles have a skip button. I also don't like games with large amounts and back and forth. The last 2 could be addressed in reviews IF we still get them.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 20, 18 7:34 AM
You're welcome

Seems that game reviews and game help requests could be put in the PF forums - they've already got sections that kind of stuff could go into. The starred reviews in the download section aren't going anywhere and people will still be able to put those up, but as we regulars know, wading through those is a real mixed bag...

Go to: