jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Forum

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 16, 18 5:30 PM
I like Big Fish for user reviews and help from other players. I'll have to think long and hard as to whether to continue membership here without those perks. What else can Big Fish offer to make up for that loss?

I wouldn't have to open a discussion that may likely be removed if there was somewhere else to respond.

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Forum

[Post New]by simmi36 on Apr 16, 18 11:40 PM
Wow, I can't believe this.

For me, part of the so called "first-rate customer experience" is this forum here.

How else are we supposed to help each other. I often find solutions for problems with games in the forum provided from other users. The reviews and tips here are also a main reason to use this site.
No ofence, the customer service is nice but also slow and often doesn't find solutions like the forum does.
I can buy games everywhere. But this forum is a big reason, why I buy them here. I always check in the forum first before I buy a game. As jennsmom said, I also have to think my membership here.

Also, I find it questionable at best to make this announcement on the page of a game that ,most likely, won't be that popular (no ofence to the devs. I love the game. Finally something to think again). I couldn't find it anywhere else.
If this is what you call "first-rate" the you probably should rethink your point of view.

simmi

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 17, 18 8:39 AM
It was posted on many other forum pages, and on FaceBook. I responded here yesterday because it was the newest game forum.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 17, 18 9:55 AM
Hello jennsmom and simmi36,

Thank you so much for the time and passion you've invested in the forums community. The decision to close the forums was not made lightly. We recognize that many players use the forums for gameplay help and to form friendships over a shared interest in our games. On behalf of the Moderation Team, I want you to know it's been a pleasure working with all of you.

Players will still be able to review games on individual game pages. Our Technical Support Team will also be able to help with technical issues.

The Moderation Team is happy to discuss any additional concerns and answer any questions you might have. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if need be. Thank you again for your time. I hope this message finds you well.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Apr 17, 18 10:05 AM
So how will players have or find comments and help on future games after April 30th. If the forums is being closed I am assuming that no future game pages will be added after that date so the only help available will be for earlier games - correct?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 17, 18 10:47 AM
That's what it looks like to me. The starred game reviews are run by a third party so you can still do starred reviews in the game download section, but as we regulars know, the starred reviews are a real mixed bag in terms of usefulness. If anyone knows of other sites for finding general game help or getting game help for future games, I'd appreciate a PM. There were a couple of other gaming sites some years back that had forums, but looks like they either retired all their forums, they're so full of ads now that I'm afraid of being infected with malware visiting them, or else I can't find them anymore.

My motivation for being in this pond has been the joy of helping those who might have otherwise given up on a game. Nevermind that it probably keeps the fanbase going for less popular games. I feel bad for all the random newbies who would stop by here and there who likely won't have anywhere to look if they get stuck in some new game down the road.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 17, 18 11:10 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to ask questions. The Moderation Team will provide answers whenever possible!

Many of our games have strategy guides, and I've included a link to this resource below:

Game Walkthroughs

While players won't be able to ask specific questions in the forums, walkthroughs contain step-by-step instructions for making one's way through a game. Many gameplay questions can be answered by browsing a game's walkthrough. Some games don't have walkthroughs, but most Hidden Object games do.

I hope this information is helpful. We also encourage players to make contact with each other and find new communities where conversations about our games can continue. We wish you all of the best.

bfgBeruna

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 17, 18 11:14 AM
The walkthroughs are great if you're a HOG fan but for those of us who aren't we're going to be out of luck.

Haberyan
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Haberyan on Apr 17, 18 2:18 PM
My joy of being on the forum is also to help people. I wish they would stay open.

It's also unfortunate I was only able to be on here for two years at most. I wish I'd taken advantage of the time I had

But if you're looking for a forum, you could try Pond Friends and try to start forums for certain games. I'm sure they'd make some sort of accommodation.

Edited on 04/20/2018 at 2:37:36 PM PST

Go to: