Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

Regarding Announcement

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 16, 18 6:04 PM
The new announcement on the top of this forum page states that starting on April 30th we will no longer be able to create new posts or pm's, so I guess that means that BF will no longer have game forums other than the existing ones, and when Tidal Town comes out we will have no way to communicate with each other, offer help or to get help, or have threads with tips for the game such as events for fountains or strategy ideas. It seems like BF is really trying to push everybody to gaming through facebook and I don't want anything to do with facebook now more than ever, I place a high value on my privacy and the last thing I want to do is share my personal data with a social media site. I was really looking forward to reconnecting with the friends I made in SS like doc, tm, silverhawk, melodydame and many others so that we could communicate again when Tidal Town came out and have a lot of fun gaming together but that is not going to happen now. It makes me really sad, and very disgruntled with BF, what kind of a gaming company does away with forums?

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

Re:Regarding Announcement

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Apr 16, 18 11:36 PM
What a bizarre and really bad decision!

These FTP games depend on people being able to communicate.

I suppose all they really care about now are the gambling games, and there's no need for people to discuss those.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 17, 18 12:17 AM
I have been playing Gummy Drop and on that forum they have directed people to go to that games facebook page after April 30th to get info on updates or events so I'm guessing it will be the same for Tidal Town and any future ftp's, but I don't think they have threads on facebook with game tips and help like we have had on the BF forums, you can view the games fb page but you can't make posts or ask for game help with out a fb account so that leaves me out in the cold, what a way to gut the BF club members.

[Post New]by MissCuddleFish on Apr 17, 18 7:50 AM
I am still in shock!

I was so looking forward to the launch of Tidal Town for PCs.

I don't facebook either ... never did.

So I guess I shouldn't put away my wintercoat cause I'll be left out in the cold too !!!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 17, 18 12:01 PM
Hello Everyone,

It definitely makes sense to be concerned about how players could continue conversations with one another without our forums. I wish I had something our site could provide, but we will be closing our forums on April 30th, 2018 to further posting.

We understanding that players may be wary regarding Facebook pages, and want to remind players that since they are publicly facing, there is no need to create or sign into a Facebook account to access that content. It will be available for players to read should they not wish to participate with a Facebook account.

We've also let the right teams know that one of the impacts regarding the closure of our forums is what is being detailed here, the opportunity to freely discuss a game with fellow players without signing up for a 3rd party site. We are sure our teams will have these impacts in mind as they continue to develop or maintain their games. We'll also pass along player's concerns, feedback, and suggestions while our forums are active, such as what has been provided here, as we definitely want all of our teams to know any impacts of what may affect their player base, personal and more general due to this recent decision.

This is a hard choice and difficult to work through, and I wish I had more words that could help during this time. Instead, I want to thank everyone in our forums who have helped make this a great community and a joy to help moderate. There may have been times where frustrations arose or rules were broken, but overall, players in our forums were constructive, respectful, and created a comfortable community with one another. We hope that this spirit continues in the new communities our players are creating and with one another as you share contact details privately.

Thank you for your time and for sharing with us your frustrations, concerns, and feedback. If there are any further questions, concerns, or feedback, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are here to listen and help as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

piper1A
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by piper1A on Apr 25, 18 12:24 AM
Like checking forum as can help sort out the small problems,.......but don't "do" any social media. so if I decide to go for a new game wouldn't be able to get advice....so probably won't bother to start any new ones. I think a lot of people in the same boat. Poor decision all round,

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Apr 25, 18 12:48 AM
piper1A wrote:Like checking forum as can help sort out the small problems,.......but don't "do" any social media. so if I decide to go for a new game wouldn't be able to get advice....so probably won't bother to start any new ones. I think a lot of people in the same boat. Poor decision all round,

Yes.
I play Time Management games and sometimes I can't work out how to get the gold time on a level, so I'll check the forum and someone else will have had the same problem and the odds are there's a solution. There's not a chance that I'm going to contact customer support over something like this.
So, I'll get annoyed and stop playing these games.
All becuase they don't want to update their hardware and software.

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Apr 25, 18 5:10 AM
I was looking forward to the release of Tidal Town for PC. I was so hoping to meet up with my Sunken Secrets friends again. Our social interactions here were vital to my enjoyment of this game and I expected them to play a similar role while playing Tidal Town. I guess Puff will not be making the move and will destroy no more balloons. I play these games for their social aspect so I don't know what my gaming future holds.

Happy Gaming to all the friends I made here. You may find me on one of the Midnight Castle communities. The mods have locked a thread "External Links to New Communities" on the first page of the Midnight Castle Forum.

michsheps
Clownfish
Clownfish
627 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Apr 25, 18 10:30 AM
This is such a disappointment, I have checked in weekly, to find out whats going on etc but this is such a devastating decision, I too was looking forward to meeting up again in Tidal Town, I do have a FB account, but after recent revelations have been reluctant to use it. Have just downloaded TT on android, if any of you are playing, I would love to connect with you, let me your account details here, before they are erased by PM. I do hope we will connect somewhere, somehow!!!, if not its been great knowing you all, you have been so helpful with your advise and support.

Apologies for not keeping in touch, the demise of SS was rather hard to take!!,

Edited on 04/25/2018 at 11:36:25 AM PST

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 25, 18 3:46 PM
I remember how frustrated some people were with SS that we did not have any form of communication within the game with our game friends but at least some of us were able to connect via the forum and set up ways to give help inside of the game, but when TT comes out for pc we won't have that. While these group sites that are being set up are fine for the social aspect I just don't think that they will have all the detailed game help that people may want or need, plus they are moderated by volunteer's and it sounds like the forum rules for codes of conduct are much more lax that what we are used too and I would not want to encounter any rude remarks from people, and how long will people be willing to volunteer to moderate, as I understand it it requires donating a whole lot of time and who has that much time to donate with the busy lives that we all have. Plus it would be supporting and giving free advertisement for BF games on a outside forum, and BF is no longer willing to support a forum financially or otherwise. Maybe I am just weird but I always thought that loyalty was suppose to go both ways.

Edited on 04/25/2018 at 10:51:17 PM PST

michsheps
Clownfish
Clownfish
627 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Apr 26, 18 4:29 AM
Loyalty, does not exist anymore , the thought of not communicating via a forum or in game but by social media, makes me very uneasy. I have seen a site run by volunteer moderators, they change on a regular basis, making it hard to police the site properly, many requests go unanswered etc. Friendly banter like we had here does not exist!

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 26, 18 9:06 AM
michsheps wrote:Loyalty, does not exist anymore , the thought of not communicating via a forum or in game but by social media, makes me very uneasy. I have seen a site run by volunteer moderators, they change on a regular basis, making it hard to police the site properly, many requests go unanswered etc. Friendly banter like we had here does not exist!

People have been posting links for these chat rooms around the forums and I have seen several negative response posts about the atmosphere in the different chat rooms, that they are very clique like and not so nice to all. Facebook started an ugly culture in social media by allowing people to post what ever kind of rant or falsehood that they want and it seems like it does not bother most people now, they just accept it as normal, and then there is the security and privacy issue which is a whole other can of worms. The chat rooms are funded by advertisers and are loaded with ads, the ads appear in between the posts, what a mess.

Edited on 04/26/2018 at 11:17:33 AM PST

Go to: