BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 16, 18 6:48 PM
Read the first thread, above, on top. BFG has just decided to stop one of the most important parts (if not THE most important part) of these games - THE FORUM. It's a very sad loss and these games will not be the same. So, I wish you all a very sad ADIEU. It was fun AND comfort while it lasted. AND thank you all for your support and help. I will certainly miss all of you. Good luck and take care.

BoutjeFedankt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Re:BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

[Post New]by BoutjeFedankt on Apr 17, 18 12:40 AM
That is one of the main reasons i never rely on anything on the internet. I always keep in mind that it can be the last day of a forum, webshop, webpage, chatbox, contact, social media, a game etc. etc. It looks a bit like real life, doesn't it.

irishlavender
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by irishlavender on Apr 17, 18 4:39 AM
This really is a shame! I don' t understand the "fragile" part of the explanation, what do they mean by it, anyone?
For me this forum has been most important, in fact I don't think I would be playing SMAL anymore if it wasn't for the tips and advices to problems that I've found here.
So at this point, dear fellow gamers, thank you so much for all yor help and support, and my best wishes for the future

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 17, 18 5:19 AM
This is devastating news. Best wishes to everyone, it was fun while it lasted!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 17, 18 5:48 AM
irishlavender wrote:This really is a shame! I don' t understand the "fragile" part of the explanation, what do they mean by it, anyone?)

This probably refers to the huge amount of spam some of the fora (eg Midnight Castle) have been bombarded with on a daily basis, which had to be cleared manually by the mods. Why they did not use stronger filters eludes me.

My feeling is that they will soon be divesting these games, despite assurances to the contrary. Otherwise, it makes no sense. With the forums gone (they will remain, but with stale info that will not be updated), Customer Support will be swamped with requests. And many players will eventually leave, as the forums were a very important part of the games. No, something's afoot, in my opinion.

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 17, 18 6:02 AM
eli173, afraid you're correct. As a matter of fact, I think you're going to be one of the last posters to reach "Manatee Status". You helped a lot of people along the way. So, as they sang in Sound of Music, So Long, Farewell,.........

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Apr 17, 18 7:45 AM
One of the theories I read was that: Because the new company is focused on gambling, the forums offered a "soft target" for hacking (referring to spam)... By closing down the forums, it might make their game site more secure...

My concern is that the forums offered a way for several people to report the same problems ( instead of each of us individually contacting tech support) ... if we all have to individually contact tech support over shared minor problems, the "lines" will be long to get in touch with them.... think of all the little glitches we've had with this game - we didn't have to contact customer support directly, we wrote it on this forum and it was passed on and often fixed....

The little glitches were annoying enough as it was, if we each have to write an official report every time something doesn't work right on a game... well, I don't envy customer support

SIGH...

irishlavender
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by irishlavender on Apr 17, 18 8:02 AM
My darlings,
All this is starting to get too much...this is the only forum in the net I'm in, I'm not in fb, instagram or any other social media and now it is about to end I realize these are the last I hear from you guys...allmost makes me into tears, so sad I am my friends.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Apr 17, 18 10:43 AM
I echo your sediments irishlavender and those of previous posters. This truly is a disappointing turn of events.

A highlight of my early mornings was my cup of coffee and the SMaL FORUM. I was always eager to read the new posts for the smiles, the game strategy advise and for the feeling of being on an epic game journey with very wise and kind fellow travelers. Your FORUM posts were invaluable.

I'm not sure I will continue to play - perhaps sporadically.

THE FUN HAS GONE...and I will forever remain a 'Pufferfish' (1468 posts).

I WILL HUGELY MISS YOU ALL.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 17, 18 11:08 AM
mpendo,

You were my first friend in AK. My very first FTP game so many years ago.

I'll miss seeing you and many other long time acquaintances posting around the forums.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 17, 18 4:44 PM
Hello Everyone,

I want to swim by really quickly to acknowledge the concerns expressed in this thread. Our Moderator Team understands the recent announcement about the upcoming changes to the forum have unveiled some deep emotions for some of our players, and we sympathize completely with this reaction. The friendships built between our players here on the Sir Match-a-Lot forum are important, and we encourage players who feel comfortable with it to share contact information with other players by PM so those friendships can continue no matter what happens to the Big Fish Games forums.

I also want to reassure our players that the upcoming changes are limited to the forums themselves. Development for new content in our games will continue, and we will also continue to release new games on the site every day. We continue to be committed to providing quality content to our players in the games they enjoy, and that definitely includes players of Sir Match-a-Lot.

If there are specific concerns or questions anyone would feel more comfortable discussing in private, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators anytime. Otherwise, you're welcome to express your thoughts here in this thread. Our Moderators will be keeping an eye on the threads discussing these changes so we can address player concerns as quickly as possible.

Thank you all for your time and understanding, as well as for your dedication and passion for our games. We truly appreciate each and every one of you.

bfgArinelle

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Apr 17, 18 5:56 PM
What?? How will we ever be able to figure these games out by ourselves? I also look here every day to check for news and advice. This is one big loss here. What will we have with our memberships? One free game a month, a punch for games we buy? All the small problems worked out here will be so frustrating to players, there was so much support here from other players. How will we ever replace that? This is so very sad, words just fail!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 18, 18 6:40 AM
Fred_just_Fred wrote:eli173, afraid you're correct. As a matter of fact, I think you're going to be one of the last posters to reach "Manatee Status". You helped a lot of people along the way. So, as they sang in Sound of Music, So Long, Farewell,.........

Thanks, Fred! I would really prefer not to end my carreer at BFG as a manatee. It just looks too... I don't know...spineless?

Farewell to all....

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Apr 20, 18 8:17 AM
Just played level 47 a zillion times for 5000 fireflies, when these forums end how will we know what to do? I am so thankful for hints like this one, I would never have known that this level was so useful for getting flies without this forum! It will be so much harder. So sad to say goodbye, I have so enjoyed everyone's comments and help here, I read everyday. Good luck, maybe we can continue some discussions on Facebook page?

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Apr 23, 18 2:35 PM
Yes linda - what will we do without our forum? Let's find a way. But many of us don't go near Facebook, for good reason.

Cheers

Edited on 04/24/2018 at 10:25:20 AM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Apr 24, 18 8:48 PM
eli

'I would really prefer not to end my carreer at BFG as a manatee. It just looks too... I don't know...spineless?'

In my mind you will always be a koi.

Cheers

Edited on 04/24/2018 at 8:48:32 PM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 25, 18 6:24 AM
mpendo wrote:eli

'I would really prefer not to end my carreer at BFG as a manatee. It just looks too... I don't know...spineless?'

In my mind you will always be a koi.

Cheers

Hmmmm..... even though I don't know what you mean (hopefully not that I'm on the menu of some sushi bar), I'll take it as a compliment!

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Apr 25, 18 1:07 PM
eli

koi is the last fish in the lineup. No idea how many posts it would take to achieve and now we'll never know.

In any case you have been very kind and helpful in this forum.

...until we meet again.

Cheers

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Apr 25, 18 1:39 PM
EVERYONE: OK I HATE the closure of this forum, but signup in Delphi so that at least we have the possibility of communicating there. I signed up earlier today and was the fourth person to join (I think). We need more. I need all the help I can get. No, make that I need all the help I can get and MORE. Eli and mpendo, I see you've joined.

Edited on 04/25/2018 at 3:22:19 PM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Apr 25, 18 2:32 PM
I hear you Fred_. We only have 5 days left.

I'm madly going through the forum and my messages to encourage old friends to reunite over at Delphi.

Hope to hear from all of you on the other side.

Cheers

Go to: