Pond Friends Concerns

Pond Friends Concerns

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 16, 18 8:35 PM
Pond Friends is very secure, - All members are all players of Big Fish

you use the same information from Big Fish -

i log in my email address the same as the email address I use here and use the same password that is all you need

and of course I use my same user name

as you do in Big Fish Game forums

Big Fish games knows me as MaryCricket
Pond Friends knows me as MaryCricket

I have notice that everyone that is a member of Pond Friends has the same user name that is in Big Fish Games

Sunnyglow who is a member is looking to help players on the Game forum to set up a forum page.

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 9:05:58 PM PST

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:Pond Friends Concerns

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 16, 18 8:42 PM
I just tried to google Pond Friends and couldn't find it.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 16, 18 8:46 PM
This is the link to Pond Friends - part of Big Fish Games
http://pondfriends.boards.net/

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 8:48:09 PM PST

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 16, 18 8:54 PM

if you want to google it - type in Pond Friends

it will show this - Pond Friends: Home and the link is below it

Pond Friends: Home
pondfriends.boards.net/

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 8:55:23 PM PST

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 16, 18 8:55 PM
Pondfriends looks good for me! Also, we are not marrying it! We need a refuge fast, if we dont like it we then have time to find another home.

My personal opinion

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Apr 16, 18 9:03 PM
MaryCricket,

I looked at PondFriends. It certainly would be nice to have somewhere with an existing structure. I have a question, though.

My forum terminology might not be great, and I'm not registered so I can't see the entire forum. From what I can see, though, it looks like your contact is talking about creating one thread for Midnight Castle. Am I correct in thinking that by that he/she means one traditional thread, as we use the term here, meaning only one discussion line?

If so, could there be a way to create an entire section for Midnight Castle, so we can keep some of our most popular and long-going threads (AEGram's strategy guide and some of the other guides, the DQ thread, the Special Room, the storyline, etc.)? To that, we can add a general social discussion, a thread for new players, etc.

I cannot be a long-term full-time admin, but I would be willing to help with the initial transfer of thread texts and the initial organization. I've never run a forum before, but I'm a pretty good techie and quick to figure things out.

Astra

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 16, 18 9:14 PM
yes, Sunnyglow, is a big helper over there, she is willing to help us, to get started. After April 30, I will be spending more time over there

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 16, 18 9:16 PM
MaryCricket wrote:
if you want to google it - type in Pond Friends

it will show this - Pond Friends: Home and the link is below it

Pond Friends: Home
pondfriends.boards.net/

Thanks! FYI--When I googled Pond Friends different sites came up like for fishing, a state park, etc. Nothing came up as Pond Friends: Home

I copied and pasted the link you provided and it worked fine that way.

Anyway, I think someone may already be working on setting up a forum for us at another forum location. See Gen_1236's posts in the thread called" we can create our own forum...."

Edited on 04/16/2018 at 9:26:22 PM PST

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 16, 18 9:17 PM
MaryCricket wrote:yes, Sunnyglow, is a big helper over there, she is willing to help us, to get started. After April 30, I will be spending more time over there

Although I didn't know about that forum, I have always relied on Sunnyglow's and Penmom's reviews of games before I purchased.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 16, 18 9:30 PM
I just saw Tiny Faerie just joined Pond friends

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 16, 18 9:34 PM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:
MaryCricket wrote:yes, Sunnyglow, is a big helper over there, she is willing to help us, to get started. After April 30, I will be spending more time over there

Although I didn't know about that forum, I have always relied on Sunnyglow's and Penmom's reviews of games before I purchased.

They are both members of Pond Friends, most of all the players who review the games are members in Pond Friends

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 16, 18 9:37 PM
I think Jenifer is already setting up a forum for us on Delphi.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 16, 18 9:40 PM
NOT TOO SURE OF THE SIGHT. I AM DYSLEXIC SO MOST OF IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME. WITHOUT SPELL CHECKER YOU PROBABLY COULD NOT READ WHAT I WRITE. YOU THINK CAP IS STRANGE. HA.

BUT I COULD FIGURE SOME OF IT. FEES. NOPE NOT GOING THERE. OTHER BITS I COULD READ OR FIGURE OUT. MADE ME UNCOMFORTABLE.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 16, 18 10:21 PM
Sorry I will be staying with Facebook or Pond friends, no other site will do for me

WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by WeeSam on Apr 16, 18 11:14 PM
I've had a look at both Pond Friends and Delphi and I like Pond Friends way better. It has a more classic structure, with threads you can view, or not view, and I can see my way around easily. Much more like the current BF Forum.

Delphi just left me confused. It seemed to just be one long giant thread with each comment following the others. Very hard to find threads as there didn't seem to be any.

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Apr 17, 18 1:34 AM
I just looked around Pond Friends (as far as I could without Registering) and you can view Members Birthdays. So, it appears ANYONE can stumble upon this site, Resister and get personal information on at least today's birthdays.

I guess we've disclosed our birthdays here, as well, but you have to go looking for them unless they're on the first page, or search for them.

On Pond Friends, it's a clickable link. But I couldn't because I won't Register.

While I LOVE this Forum, and pretty much trust everybody here (not that I know everybody . . .) and desire to land SOMEWHERE with y'all, I would prefer a 'closed' message board predominantly dedicated just to Midnight Castle, with maybe some other topics/chats,/recipes /or whatever as side topics.

So I've just reminded myself to go delete any personal stuff here before it is cast in cement.

XXOO ~ Dhyani

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 1:41:46 AM PST

Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 17, 18 1:47 AM
WeeSam wrote:I've had a look at both Pond Friends and Delphi and I like Pond Friends way better. It has a more classic structure, with threads you can view, or not view, and I can see my way around easily. Much more like the current BF Forum.

Delphi just left me confused. It seemed to just be one long giant thread with each comment following the others. Very hard to find threads as there didn't seem to be any.

There are only a few threads so far, and only a few folders.

It's still under construction.

But everyone needs to be where they feel comfortable.

All we have to do is link to each other.

Then everyone gets to stay in touch and no one feels like they have to "choose NOW, or lose everything!!"

It's all good.

Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 17, 18 1:51 AM
Dhyaniland wrote:I just looked around Pond Friends (as far as I could without Registering) and you can view Members Birthdays. So, it appears ANYONE can stumble upon this site, Resister and get personal information on at least today's birthdays.

I guess we've disclosed our birthdays here, as well, but you have to go looking for them unless they're on the first page, or search for them.

On Pond Friends, it's a clickable link. But I couldn't because I won't Register.

While I LOVE this Forum, and pretty much trust everybody here (not that I know everybody . . .) and desire to land SOMEWHERE with y'all, I would prefer a 'closed' message board predominantly dedicated just to Midnight Castle, with maybe some other topics/chats,/recipes /or whatever as side topics.

So I've just reminded myself to go delete any personal stuff here before it is cast in cement.

XXOO ~ Dhyani

Dhani, Delphi is safe. I've been there a year. You only supply an email.

However, if that alone gives you pause, then use a Ten Minute Email (Google it).

Then you can register, safe in the knowledge that Delphi doesn't even have your email, let alone your birthday.

Cheers,

Jenifer

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Apr 17, 18 2:19 AM
Well, we've got 13 days before this Forum goes kaput.

I did find the Midnight Castle Forum on Delphi . . . looks pretty straighttforward.

Also checked out Coalition of the Confused (a good fit for me in general!) so I may look around there.

Will check out the temporary email thing.

I have hope now, THANKS!!!!!

XXOO ~ Dhyani (a step up from the booze soaked umbrella)

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 3:06:15 AM PST

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Apr 17, 18 4:21 AM
I took a good look at pond friends..she put up a nice site for when bigfish was alive and well....

the site builder she used is ..... https://www.proboards.com/create-free-forum

I think we could put up a brand new forum dedicate to us.. transfer all those precious threads and postings you are referring to... before our beloved forum shuts us out....

we get to configure the forum pretty much as we choose.. so lets get too it...

and name it.... whose going to be the forums big manager...

no not me I can't be our new forum big manager ... it should be one of our more dedicated & reliable members..

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 4:22:25 AM PST

Go to: