Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

End of MC forseen (probably)

[Post New]by Czoe on Apr 16, 18 9:24 PM
The tale is set, the castle decimated and needs saving from the evil.

We win in an update or two, and see everyone depart into the last refuge of good (ala Tolkein and the last ships leaving).

New players will encounter the ghosts of past glories. The rest of us must leave to meet evil with strength in the real world.

Sorry for the delightful and helpful moderators, hope they have other places for them in the Big Fish sea.

Maybe this third post will not be locked....

Hey.. please register to vote in the next elections!

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

Re:End of MC forseen (probably)

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 16, 18 9:57 PM
THE MOD I TALKED TO SAYS NO THE GAME WILL CONTINUE.

[Post New]by crownofthornes on Apr 17, 18 4:38 AM
It would be a shame if MC ended but there are plenty of more games to play. I have spent about 3 years playing MC and still enjoy it but it's bound to end sometime Let's hope it continues for a long time

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Apr 17, 18 5:52 AM
charlieisr wrote:THE MOD I TALKED TO SAYS NO THE GAME WILL CONTINUE.

Did he also tell you that BFG has been sold by Churchill Downs to Aristocrat Technologies for $990 million dollars? Do you think at that price Aristocrat is interested in advancing FTP games? They're into high stakes gambling, on and offline, slots, etc. Time will tell. I think BFG will be moving in an entirely different direction if their new owners deem it more profitable.

[Post New]by crownofthornes on Apr 17, 18 9:00 AM
I agree with siberlene. It's all about money

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Apr 17, 18 9:14 AM
there was life before MC , there will be after

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 17, 18 9:34 AM
G'day,

I wanted to stop in here and address what seems, understandably, to be a concern for a number of players.

It has been mentioned in a handful of threads, but I want to be clear that the recent announcement relates only to the forums. As noted in the announcement our forums, and the software on which they run is quite fragile. If there were a way that these could be upgraded or updated, we absolutely would do so, but this simply is not an option that is available.

Midnight Castle will continue to be updated both with story content and events.

While it is true that Big Fish Games was recently acquired by Aristocrat Technologies, this had no bearing on the decision.

There are a number of threads where thoughts, feelings and concerns are being shared, and we will be passing these along to all appropriate parties. To ensure that everyone is being heard, I am going to lock this thread ask that the conversation be continued in the The BFG forums are closing down!!! > thread. Questions and concerns can also be addressed to a moderator via PM if preferred.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 9:34:31 AM PST

Go to: