Taaja
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

FB and MC

[Post New]by Taaja on Apr 16, 18 10:34 PM
I went to the gameroom in FB and typed in Midnight Castle and got NO RESULTS FOR MC. How do I find it there?

Re:FB and MC

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Apr 16, 18 10:38 PM
Open Facebook and search for Midnight Castle. There is a play game link there.

Taaja
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Taaja on Apr 16, 18 10:46 PM
I was in FB when I typed in MC and got the 'no results" message. Are you saying to type this in on my page instead of the gameroom-search?

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Apr 16, 18 10:50 PM
In your main search, type in Midnight Castle.
Look for the one with the MC icon.

I don't know about the game room sorry.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 16, 18 11:03 PM
FACEBOOK WILL NOT LET ME IN I KEEP GETTING AN ERROR. BEEN THIS WAY SINCE I SET UP THE ACCOUNT. STOPPED TRYING.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 17, 18 11:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

Swimming by really quickly to offer some quick information that may help. The Midnight Castle Facebook page where updates and other information is posted can be accessed by adding /midnightcastle to the end of Facebook's base URL. Players can also find it pretty quickly by searching for "Midnight Castle Facebook" using their favorite search engine. When I tested this out, the correct link came up as the first suggestion.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to let one of our active Moderators know if there are any additional troubles finding the page. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

jaximoto
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by jaximoto on Apr 17, 18 1:11 PM
So...just my personal preference, but I do not want to have my RL Facebook world collide with my MC avatar world, otherwise I would have "liked" the MC Facebook page by now. I will keep checking in with forum to see where the transferred forum lands. Sad day in Mudsville....

Playing along,
Jaximoto

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 17, 18 2:05 PM
Hello jaximoto,

I just wanted to quickly follow up here to clarify that liking the Facebook page will not change your avatar in Midnight Castle. All this does is allow posts to show up in your Facebook feed specifically and will have no effect on your in-game avatars. Players are encouraged to review their settings in Facebook should they be concerned that an app or linked game will post for them. All apps have settings to disallow this in Facebook.

Linking your game to Facebook accounts also won't change your avatar in game, nor change your settings on the Facebook site in regards to seeing our posts. It would, however, invite players who are your Facebook friends and have linked their accounts to your Friend's list.

To further clarify the changes to the forums, we are going to close the ability to make and edit posts or send private messages in our forums on April 30, 2018. From then on, our forums will be archived so that players interested in the content made available on them can access it in a read-only manner. Not even moderators will be able to edit or make new posts.

Thank you for your time and for letting us know what your concerns are. If there are any further questions or concerns or things you'd like to discuss with us, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all here to listen and help as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 2:10:08 PM PST

Dobiesrus
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Dobiesrus on Apr 17, 18 8:58 PM
Will is still be possible to get new Friends? If so, please explain how. Thank you.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Apr 18, 18 12:58 AM
bfgIlinalta wrote: [...]To further clarify the changes to the forums, we are going to close the ability to make and edit posts or send private messages in our forums on April 30, 2018. From then on, our forums will be archived so that players interested in the content made available on them can access it in a read-only manner. Not even moderators will be able to edit or make new posts. [...]

Hold on a second ... so this means if anything is happening on a game, we won't even be informed? You know, like new update or tech issue or whatever...

And ... We won't be able to PM any longer that's clear, but will we still have access to old messages already in there? Just would like to know whether I should urgently copy/paste anything I would like to keep.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 18, 18 2:08 PM
Theorem, whatever is here when they pull the plug will be frozen forever - trapped like a bug in amber. Nothing will ever be updated.

If there's anything you want to delete, however, I'd DEFINITELY tend to that!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 18, 18 2:38 PM
Hiya,

I wanted to drop in as I noticed there were a couple of questions.

Theorem, all of the PMs you have in your inbox will remain there, and you will be able to read them and see any contacts that you may have in your Address Book.

New updates will be announced in a few ways depending on the platform being used.
Mobile Devices receive notifications via their App Stores, players on PC will see notifications in the Big Fish Games App (Game Manager) as they always have.
News of updates will also be shared via Facebook for those players who wish to visit that page.

We also have a dedicated help section for Midnight Castle, this can be reached from within the game or by going to the link below, and this allows us another means of sharing details with players of the game should issues arise.
Midnight Castle

As we speak there are also a handful of new communities being created by our members and I am sure that as updates and events happen there'll be many ongoing conversations.

As I understand it, Dobiesrus, there will be spaces in these new user-driver forums for users to share their player Ids if new friends are needed. There are also options for this for those users who wish to use Facebook, either on the Midnight Castle page or through the fan-community there.

I hope this helps.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 04/18/2018 at 2:40:37 PM PST

verdesa
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by verdesa on Apr 18, 18 3:09 PM
Just used that link to the Midnight Castle zendesk page and couldn't see where on there they could easily share details of issues with players. I guess they could always create a new article each time there's a new issue, presumably reported from elsewhere.

BTW, on gameplay, Tips and Tricks, Forum there is the following information ...

Where can I interact with other players?

To interact with other Midnight Castle players, please visit the Midnight Castle Forum.

In the Forum, you can:

Chat with others.
Find helpful tips and tricks.
Get the latest Midnight Castle news.

... guess an update to that page will be required soon.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 18, 18 4:27 PM
Hi verdesa,

Thanks for taking a second to wander over to see the Midnight Castle specific help!
One of the great things about these help pages is they offer a lot of options to the team should there be a need to get a message out to players.

We review, update, and add to the content on the pages fairly regularly and I am sure that some of the concerns raised here in the forum following the announcement will be addressed in these pages going forward.

The dedicated help for Midnight Castle and each article within it also provides a link to Customer Support, and the team will always be happy to help players in any way they can.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Apr 18, 18 9:29 PM
FB is not really a good place for anything much except random social contacts. For instance, I maintain contact with my cousins in Florida, Texas, and Portugal (I live in US) via FB but posts appear really randomly and one must be seriously careful with personal information on FB and all social media.

I cannot imagine how we will find new friends now when old ones are gone. Maybe the Delphi or Pond connections will work for that. I've had a couple of times that I didn't get a notice from BF that there was an update and hadn't been on forum. Got around to searching for it when I noticed issues with friends, HOS, etc. Again, maybe the Delphi or Pond will help with that also.

I am truly unhappy that the new owners of BF have decided to do away with the forum. Why buy something that works really well (wouldn't buy it if not, right?) and then start messing with it. As I once heard on TV, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Unless the new company is playing "Corporate Raider", of course, in which case they won't CARE if it works or if players are unhappy. Gee, can you tell that I'm not thrilled with this? ShaSha

Edited on 04/18/2018 at 9:33:52 PM PST

Taaja
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Taaja on Apr 19, 18 10:55 PM
Thanks for all the info. I found the FB MC group and liked it very much, very active and many nice people in there ready to help and also found many friends for my android game. I got a big boost in friends on my PC game as well. I have joined Delphi and Pond as well, but I noticed it's hard to friend anyone going there if you aren't already a friend and know each other . I'm sure I can search this forum for info if needed because it has so much to offer and hopefully FB can answer those goofy, uninformed questions I have sometimes . I sure will miss this place and all of the chatter, I learned a lot just reading and following the forum every day. Newbies are at a real loss now for picking up on info that was talked about by the seasoned players here. This is truly sad so I can't even imagine how awful it is for the players that have been here like forever.

Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 20, 18 12:31 AM
Yaaaaawn...

Whoops! I accidentally bumped something...

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Apr 20, 18 1:23 AM
Gen_1236 wrote: Yaaaaawn...

Silly you...
katiek

Taaja
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Taaja on Apr 20, 18 11:54 AM
Gen_1236 wrote: Yaaaaawn...

Yes, I know. It may have something to do with the C H I L L Y factor ...

Go to: