kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

How to.....

[Post New]by kevabear on Jul 26, 10 9:08 AM
What I am having a hard time figuring out are things like how to make my MP go up, being able to do something other than moving boxes with out having all bad days, what to do with the charms, when I go to town nothing seems to work well, no one wants to socialize, when I do the Busk/Perform, that does not go well, trying to pick pockets is just a failure....Help! Is there some sort of instructions somewhere that gives a clue as to how to do these things?

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Re:How to.....

[Post New]by bellagoth on Jul 26, 10 9:47 PM
Hello kevabear. There's no short answer to this so I'll divide it into 2 posts. Moving boxes is a good way to increase your strength and stamina at the beginning of the game. You will increase your total available HP even though you don't make money on this job at first. You can double your original available HP by moving boxes the first two weeks, and you'll be able to work more days between sleeping. Sleep at the church for free at the end of your second week. After that, you'll have a good day moving boxes almost everyday, or better yet, take a different job and increase other skills, but make sure you don't go straight to the library, because library jobs reduce your strength and you will lose what you've just spent two weeks improving. Rather, go to the inn or the store and do a job to further increase another skill without losing strength. Don't worry that you don't make much money early in the game, just concentrate on working to gain skills and make enough money to get by. Sleeping in the park is also free, but you might get mugged, but a room at the inn will fill up your MP in one night for not much money, once you start making money at any of your jobs and have enough total HP to make it worthwhile. You can work for a room also, but depending on the birth month you chose, seven days of work for little pay might exhaust you enough to need another night's sleep, until you have those HP built up. I always go for the church or the paid room at the inn, and if I need to gain a few HP without losing a day on the calendar, get a potion for 10 HP from the store for $25. That works if you want to be at the stables when a certain guy shows up at the end of the month or you don't want to miss the beginning of a festival.

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by bellagoth on Jul 26, 10 9:49 PM
Part 2: Different jobs give you different skills and many also decrease certain skills - gaining charm but losing intelligence while bartending, gaining taming but losing total MP/stamina while reading to children or researching, losing charm while tending horses, and things like that. At first, you will only be offered simple jobs at a business, and after you've worked that job awhile, you will be able to try better jobs. Each will have its advantages and drawbacks. You can gain enough charm to have a good day busking or socializing in the park by being a sales clerk, bartending and taking dance classes. Once you have enough skill to be successful, you can further increase your skill by busking and socializing, as well as participating in certain activities at the festivals. If you want to make your own health potions, you'll have to learn cooking skill by working at the inn and taking college classes, but it can be worth it, since higher cooking skills will allow you to brew your own potions cheaply that instantly give you 50 HP without losing a day for sleeping. Reading books at the library will give you some knowledge in different areas and takes one day per book, and I think these are mostly useful for magic and those who plan to succeed in the dungeons. Learn crafting and you can forge more powerful weapons, clothing and jewelry, and learn magic for items that you acquire and can't identify. Unidentified items, once identified, can be sold for lots of money if you don't want to keep them.
If dream gets very low or sin gets very high, it will be a problem. Dream can be increased by having successful days doing work or activities, or dancing at festivals, which gives a big boost to dream. Sin can be reduced by working for the church or volunteering for the doctor in the slums, and spending the winter solstice at a church service instead of dancing in the park reduces sin to nil, I think. (I don't remember because I always spend it dancing.)
That should be enough to get you started. If you're aware of this much, figuring out the rest on intuition and experimentation will be pretty easy. The challenge is doing everything you want to do in the few years you're allowed before the fairy says time's up. I've had three different endings so far today, and none of them were what I was planning on. Have fun and good luck!

Edited on 07/26/2010 at 9:51:49 PM PST

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Jul 27, 10 6:58 PM
Also check out Gamezebo Cute Knight Tips & Tricks

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 24, 10 7:51 PM

After 29 games, on the deluxe version of Cute Knight, I got her to marry the Prince.
The key is that he loves animals and "could never marry anyone who doesn't love animals" so she has to both love animals and be charming.
Actually the game is more interesting with her being a dungeon crawling adventurer - but that's just me.

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Sep 13, 10 8:53 PM
One of the things I like best about Cute Knight (other than it's easy-to-use interface) is the many possible endings. Even if you work only in the Store, you can get several different endings. And several different endings are possible if you work only in the Church.

It doesn't pay to spread yourself out too thin, but if you do work only at the Church, you will not get the Royal Wedding ending.

So to get help seeing what you need to do to get the ending you want, go to Google and search for "Cute Knight Walkthrough".

FireNinetails
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by FireNinetails on Apr 19, 11 1:54 PM
You go to excisize if you want to move boxes, and take dance classes to raise your charm and luck. Luck helps in stealing, though I don't recommand stealing. Charm helps in talking and proforming. Also there are cheat codes. Highlight to tell. It can be any number at the end, but 250 is max.
Charm: global.cha=250
Luck: global.dex=250
Strength: global.str=250
Stamia: global.sta=250

Go to: