Guppy
171 Posts

FishCo or Fish Tycoon?

[Post New]by lara1134 on Nov 4, 08 4:48 PM
Which would you prefer and why? .

Lara, ! !!!!!

Re:FishCo or Fish Tycoon?

[Post New]by pictishgirl on Nov 5, 08 7:31 PM
I definitely prefer Fish Tycoon. FishCo is too frustrating, mainly because the 'tutorial' is non-existent. You just have to keep failing and trying again to beat the higher levels. The realistic graphics are nice, though.

pictishgirl

[Post New]by rainydaymonday on Nov 15, 08 4:42 PM
the almanac is all you really need to play this game... i love it!!!

[Post New]by midnightrizer on Nov 22, 08 3:14 AM
The Games Have Two Different objectives and Fish tycoon is Tied to the VIrtual Villagers in Concept. In Fish Ty you are trying to Cross the breeds to find the 7 magic fish of Isola of virtual Villagers fame. And in Fish Co you are trying to Complete the objectives in a certian Time Frame. Yes there is a tutorial if you pay attention when the game starts.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 22, 08 3:36 AM
I don't care for either. But I do Fishdom. LOL

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Nov 22, 08 1:49 PM
I found Fish Tycoon so hard to play (to keep fish alive) that I didn't even buy it, and I LOVE fish related games (Feeding Frenzy, Big Kahuna Reef, Insaniquarium Deluxe, etc). I also thought the graphics in Fish Tycoon were second rate. But I understand it has a huge fan base.

FishCo has beauitiful graphics, and although its not the greatest game ever made, I did buy it (after much deliberation). It's not a scratch on the Feeding Frenzy games, but then the concept is completely different. When I did buy it, I went back to the start and back through all the tutorials, because I was in such a rush in the trial to play it, I ignored alot of the tutorial just to get on and it wasn't as straight forward as it could have been.

I think there is still a niche for a truly great breeding or raising fish game.

[Post New]by schmerbe on Jan 30, 10 9:52 AM
I Fish Tycoon!!!!!

BUCKWHEAT1
Flounder
Flounder
2,106 Posts

[Post New]by BUCKWHEAT1 on Feb 22, 10 7:34 PM
I love all of the Fish game! I get all of them, they are so much fun! I just love to go shopping and buy things for my aqurium.

[Post New]by LuckyBoy23 on May 5, 11 6:39 AM
I was debating over the same 2 games and I ended up buying FishCo.. The poor graphics in Fish Tycoon were too distracting, plus my fish died way too fast. FishCo is a little "stressful" with the timer, but over all I think FishCo is a much better game
Lucky

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Jul 18, 11 3:58 PM
Other than the fact they both feature fish, the games have little in common.

Fish Tycoon:
Persistant world where your fish continue to grow even while your computer is off. The aim is to cross-breed species in order to find the 7 magic fish from Isola (where the Virtual Villagers live). It's a fantastic game that involves a lot of spreadsheeting and napkin scribbles if you want to solve it on your own. Alternatively, ignore the goals, just breed fish and let the swim around the aquarium, it's relaxing to watch. No set path, fairly randomized, choose your own approach.

FishCo:
TM game with levels and progression and set goals for each stage. Can't cross-breed, fairly linear but fun all the same. Buy and sell fish for profit to win.

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on Jul 20, 11 2:20 PM
I prefer Fish Tycoon because in that game, you can cross-breed everything with everything, and it's fun to see what new hybrid you obtain.

Go to: