Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 17, 18 12:58 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 7:31:07 AM PST

devonview
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by devonview on Apr 17, 18 3:08 AM
The first time that this game showed up on the screen (following downloading trial version) a message came up that the trial period was over. Not able to even see the opening titles. I installed "as administrator" but apart from message to say that "another game is in progress" (which there wasn't) absolutely nothing. It would have been "nice" to have been able to at least seen some of the trial game

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Apr 17, 18 4:39 AM
after playing a couple of scenes the game is all scrambled not able to see a thing

lingerda
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lingerda on Apr 17, 18 6:05 AM
windows ten down loading no problem but would not play because of violation???

[Post New]by juttawalker on Apr 17, 18 7:10 AM
Hello playing on Window 10 and get access violation so no buy for me

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 17, 18 7:30 AM
Hello Everyone,

Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

For those who are experiencing Access Violation errors while playing or downloading the game, please see the following links for troubleshooting steps that can correct the issues:

Access Violation
Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Apr 17, 18 8:10 AM
I'm windows 10 as well... was able to play the trial with no problems or issues. I'm going to buy and hope I don't get the access violation code.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 17, 18 10:14 AM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like several players are experiencing access violations. I'd begin troubleshooting this issue by checking to see that the computer's video card driver is up to date. I'd also increase the game's permissions by running it in Administrator Mode. The instructions for those processes can be found in the help articles below:

Please email our Technical Support Team if those suggestions don't fix Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition. They'll be happy to replace the game for you.

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding. Have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Apr 18, 18 2:13 PM
I use Windows 8.0.
I started the game alright, but I got told that the trial was over, and when I came out of the game, it showed that I had 50 minutes left, now I am not sure if I should buy it or not, it looks like a good game.
If the forums are ending, how can we get help with games any more, perhaps a moderator can explain it to us

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Apr 18, 18 4:42 PM
Lost the icon showing you if you found the collectable..

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 18, 18 5:02 PM
Hey Everyone,

It sounds like a couple of people have run into an issue where a trial looked like it was expired before it could be played, or the time left seemed to drop suddenly. When something like this happens with a free trial, it usually indicates something went awry during the installation of the trial. In those cases, it's a good idea to uninstall and reinstall the trial. This will most often fix the issue. For steps on how to do this, please see the following links:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game
Download a Trial Game

If this does not resolve the issue, then our next step is contacting our Technical Support Team. Although they won't be able to reset the trial's timer for this game, they can help troubleshoot to try to prevent such things from happening in the future.

You're also welcome to PM one of our Moderators with any remaining questions. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 18, 18 6:31 PM
j62janet wrote:I use Windows 8.0.
I started the game alright, but I got told that the trial was over, and when I came out of the game, it showed that I had 50 minutes left, now I am not sure if I should buy it or not, it looks like a good game.
If the forums are ending, how can we get help with games any more, perhaps a moderator can explain it to us

Hello, j62janet, if you played the game until you got to the "trial is over, thank you for playing screen", then you completed the "free sample" of the game.

You are given 90 minutes to play the portion of this game that the Dev considers a "sample", how long it actually takes you to do that depends on how quick/fast a player you are, if you skip puzzles, etc.

As for game help, beginning April 30th, it looks like players will be dependent on the BFG Help pages and Customer Service.

Hope this helps.
BK

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Apr 19, 18 1:14 AM
Hello Bearkat, I didn't get to the end of the trial, the game demo ended and I still had 50 minutes left to play it, I tired it twice, and it happened both times, I am going to try something else, I used one of the links that the moderator told us about, I'm hoping it works, because that particular game looks good

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 19, 18 7:19 AM
j62janet wrote:Hello Bearkat, I didn't get to the end of the trial, the game demo ended and I still had 50 minutes left to play it, I tired it twice, and it happened both times, I am going to try something else, I used one of the links that the moderator told us about, I'm hoping it works, because that particular game looks good

I am sorry that you are having this problem. Hopefully one of the links you try will fix it and you can play the game. I beta-ed this game back in December, and have been waiting for them to release it so I could finish it!

I finished the demo with 40 minutes leftover myself, but did reach the "thank you for playing screen".

Good ,
BK

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by desertsombra on Apr 23, 18 11:25 PM
I am using windows 8, had no problems the games until this one-- I am in the part where the zeppelin crashes, did the cogwheel puzzle and got the medical supplies to help Albert Einstein and i cannot pull the supplies to use them. the game is stuck. It keeps saying I am in the Cabin area. Cannot leave, nothing works, except escape button and it lets me sign out. Have played it twice both game stuck in the same place.I am going to reinstall--hopefully it will work!!

Edited on 04/23/2018 at 11:25:50 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 24, 18 5:29 PM
Hello desertsombra,

It sounds like Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition has gotten stuck. I can definitely provide some troubleshooting suggestions.

First I'd check and see whether the computer's video card driver is fully up to date, since this driver controls the computer's graphics. Its developers regularly release new versions to keep everything running smoothly. Then I'd increase the game's permissions on the computer by running it as an administrator.

The instructions for these processes are included in the help articles below:

Please email our Technical Support Team if those suggestions don't fix the game. Thank you so much for your patience.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by bidulle2812 on Apr 27, 18 1:36 AM
I have Windows 10. No problems the games until this one-- I am in the part where the zeppelin crashes, did the cogwheel puzzle and got the medical supplies to help Albert Einstein and i cannot pull the supplies to use them. the game is stuck. It keeps saying I am in the Cabin area. Cannot leave, nothing works, except escape button and it lets me sign out. Have played it twice both game stuck in the same place.I am going to reinstall twice but it does't work

[Post New]by lgreddog on Apr 28, 18 5:49 PM
I bought and paid for this game but kept getting black screens at each change of location and then it just finally locked up where I was supposed to fix this guys leg. I even uninstalled it to replay but it came right back to the same place and was locked up again. ????

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 28, 18 5:58 PM
Hello bidulle2812 and lgreddog,

I'm really sorry there have been troubles with Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition. Please try the suggestions outlined in the help articles below to resolve these glitches.

If the game still isn't working properly email our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to replace the games for you both.

Thank you for your understanding.

bfgBeruna

Go to: