Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

Ilsland: The Lost Medallion lost me!

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Jul 26, 10 3:20 PM
I love HOG games, IHOGS, AND FROGS. This one, however, is beyond me!

I'm at the point where he's on the deserted island, after having his boat blown up, and I've gone to the walkthrough, used the hints, and still have no idea what's going on.

Not to worry, however, I'm sure I'll plow through this game, just because I'm a stubborn old coot, but I hope never to buy another game from this developer.

And before anyone starts collecting pitch for the flaming torches sure to come my way, I know it's me. It's just so frustrating to get to a certain point, and not to be able to progress any further. Woe is me!

Re:Ilsland: The Lost Medallion lost me!

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Jul 26, 10 3:26 PM
Sorry for your frustrations ... there is a "blog walkthrough" you can use ...

www.bigfishgames.com/blog/island-the-lost-medallion-walkthrough/

I loved this game, but I did need help along the way.

Hope this helps. Happy Gamming!

Judy

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Jul 26, 10 5:11 PM
Thanks Judy, I'm sure it's just me! I do love this game, frustrating thought it is! I'm going to give it a rest tonight and hit it tomorrow bright and fresh!

And I definitely would purchase from this developer again! I know it's me, and not the developer. I love all the puzzles -very innovative!

elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by elhar02 on Nov 12, 10 11:12 AM
Hate to disagree that this game will become better. When it starts out unable to find whatever you need and the hint system sucks -- it sure can't get any better. In fact, probably worse to comprehend. TG I bought this will a free coupon cuz sure would have hated to have known I paid full price!!!!

[Post New]by sintse on Nov 21, 10 1:36 AM
hate games that do not work
hint button
searching for days for an axe

quynne77
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by quynne77 on Mar 11, 11 7:17 PM
You have to choose the object you want a hint for to get a hint. I prefer this type of offering hints rather than just being given a random object.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Feb 14, 12 8:03 PM
quynne77 wrote:You have to choose the object you want a hint for to get a hint. I prefer this type of offering hints rather than just being given a random object.

I have to agree; it's so much nicer to be able to click on the hint and tell the hint what I want found instead of the hint just up and choosing for me; it provides me with a better control of the game.

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Feb 14, 12 8:08 PM
sintse wrote:hate games that do not work
hint button
searching for days for an axe

I ALWAYS use the tutorial in every game that I play so that I can understand the nuances of each game that I'm playing and this game is the perfect example:

the tutorial explains that you need to click the hint button and THEN click the object that you want found. The nice thing also is that IF that piece is "hidden" (meaning that you've got to do something else before it'll show up), the hint will STILL display where that object is which provides you with a "heads up" on 2 angles:

1 -- you can stop looking for it because you're not ready to grab it and
2-- you've become aware of the fact that whatever you've got formed together (or will have) is the object you'll need to proceed with in order to complete the OTHER fragmented pieces.

MEnr56

Go to: