pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

A SIGN UP SHEET ASKING TO KEEP THE FORUM ACTIVE

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 17, 18 3:28 AM
Let your voice be heard! If you want to keep the forums active SAY SO HERE!

If the forums are being shut down because of financial reasons, why not allow game developers and producers to advertise on the forums? There are so many creative options

If the forums are no longer viable why not have an IM section?

pennmom36

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:A SIGN UP SHEET ASKING TO KEEP THE FORUM ACTIVE

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 17, 18 3:57 AM
Another suggestion I have, what if the forums were a premium membership perk? In other words, what about charging a buck extra for the monthly membership IF you want to have the ability to post on the forum? We the posters could decide if we want to opt in from month to month for 1 dollar extra???

Moderators chime in with your thoughts as well, I assume you as BF employees are hit the hardest by this decision, and I thank you all for your contributions to the forums

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by simmi36 on Apr 17, 18 4:38 AM
I would totally be okay with an extra euro per month to keep this forum alive.
It is such a vital part of this site for me and a great help with problems with games.
I could even live with advertisements if they are not overdone.

It would be great if the moderators could help clear up what the problems with the forum are exactly, so we could find a possible solution.

simmi

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Apr 17, 18 5:25 AM
I have mixed feelings about paying extra to participate in the forums. To me, it should be a perk with the membership. Let the non-members pay if they want to participate.

Marty

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Apr 17, 18 5:45 AM
This is the first I've heard about the possible loss of the forums. Thanks for posting about it, pennmom36.

I check various game forums daily for information and updates. Losing the forums would be a tremendous loss, in my opinion.

For me, the information available in the forums is vital when choosing to buy games. The ability to ask for help and to get answers from other gamers is just as vital.

In addition, I believe that the forums have created comaraderie among the gamers. That, in turn, creates loyalty to the BFG site.

I'd rather see the cost of the games increase a bit than to lose the forums. This way, the cost of keeping the forums would be spread among those of us who pay the monthly subscription and those who do not.

Edited to add:
I agree with what Martyheinz wrote in that the forums should be a perk of membership. But, if BFG is financially unable to sustain the forums, I would hope that something else would be done to keep them. It just has to be a fair solution to members.

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 5:49:45 AM PST

[Post New]by wiltshirecarp on Apr 17, 18 6:11 AM
I totally agree with Jorie10 There are times when the Forums help has been invaluable in proceeding with a game
Are BFG going to take any notice of club members' views ?

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Apr 17, 18 6:17 AM
Thank you so much for the info, pennmom.

I know there a many fishies with a very strict budget out there, so I doubt there would be a lot of agreement... being charged extra might be a problem for many customers.

Maybe I'll create a riot by suggesting that BFG shouldn't offer so many sales. One less every week still means great deals.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Apr 17, 18 6:19 AM
Paying to come onto the forums, what a flaming cheek, we pay to be members, isn't that enough?

I don't always come onto the forums, but I no it's there if I need it, surely Big Fish are making enough money!

I can't understand this at all, what do we do if we have a problem with a puzzle within a game, if the forums have gone, we get no back up at all, that's not fair, and I think allot of members will cancel membership, I look forward to playing my games each week.

I hope that the forums stay, we need them

[b]I wouldn't mind paying a little extra to keep the forums, we need them[u]

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 6:21:48 AM PST

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by simmi36 on Apr 17, 18 6:26 AM
The announcement was made in the Hex forum.

For me, the information available in the forums is vital when choosing to buy games. The ability to ask for help and to get answers from other gamers is just as vital.

In addition, I believe that the forums have created comaraderie among the gamers. That, in turn, creates loyalty to the BFG site.

For me also. I bought a lot of games due to suggestions and information in the forums that I wouldn't have bought otherwise.
And you always find someone to help when you have a problem with a game. This is the main reason I buy here.

I totally understand not to want to pay extra with the membership. There also is always the possibility of donations which a lot of forums have to help with the costs.

I just hope there is a solution somewhere

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 17, 18 6:35 AM
Thanks, everyone for chiming in

Paying extra for a membership that includes the forum was just a suggestion I had, and I was thinking more along the lines of only paying IF you wanted to be able to post in the forum. You could pay one month and not the next perhaps?

I'd rather pay extra to keep the forums than to not have the forums at all

If we don't show massive interests in this forum, it WILL NOT be available by the end of the month. Here's the notice from yesterday if you haven't read it:

An important announcement about the Big Fish Games Forums - April 16, 2018

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 16, 18 2:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Over the years, our forums have played a huge role in how we communicate with and receive feedback from you, our players. They have also been an important source for game-play help.

You may be aware that our forums have been fragile for quite some time, and it has been determined that we are unable to sustain them while also maintaining the first-rate customer experience via this and other channels that our players have come to expect.

Beginning April 30, 2018, creating new posts and private messaging will be disabled on the Big Fish Games forums. All existing content will remain and be viewable, ensuring that there is continued access to the wealth of knowledge created and shared by you and our moderation team.

There’s no change in our commitment to bringing the best content to our customers. You’ll continue to receive notification of updates to games in the Big Fish Games App (Game Manager) as they’re made available.

This was an extremely difficult decision to make, and on behalf of the moderation team, we thank you all for your dedication to our community.

bfgMurrumbidgee

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Apr 17, 18 6:37 AM

The forums, though flawed, are still the best thing about the BFG site. They generally provide important information and invaluable help. Without them there is no point coming here.

I agree with another fishie who said that the forums are vital to the first-rate customer experience BFG promises, and without them the experience would be second rate.

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 6:43:41 AM PST

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Apr 17, 18 7:02 AM
Keep the forums,, I also use them for help,, And meet great people on here, If they remove the forums I believe they will lose people also,,

Woolster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Woolster on Apr 17, 18 7:03 AM
Hi all Gamers out there;
I usually don't post on the forums, but when I need them I really appreciate them.
For example being stuck in a game and the Walkthrough for that game doesn't really show how to finish a puzzle; or when you are stuck in a game and don't know what to do next.
I am on a pension so having an extra dollar for a game is somewhat hard.
I am in agreement that cutting down a little on sales would be better, or having the forums as a perk of membership.
Right now I have one more punch to get on my card and I am cancelling my membership as the games are not appealing to me much and now the forums.
Oh well march to the future!
Woolster

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 17, 18 7:13 AM
I'll throw my name into this hat if it makes any difference. Not sure if it's related to the PC/Mac gaming market shrinking due to tablet and phone games taking over, or it was just another business decision. But I've really enjoyed the forums over the years I've been here and will deeply miss being able to "chat" with friends I've made on this site as well as posting tips.

If we can't effect a change...farewell in advance ...it's been great.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 17, 18 7:14 AM
Many have already been disappointed w/ games not that's good anymore, which is not BFs fault. Now BF needs to add more money, it ll just push some fishes to swim to another site! I think its a mistake to charge more for something that makes BF a #1 game site! I don't think BF is being greedy, I think there trying to keep there head above water! They probably have to do something. I think if they don't charge more the forums will be done away w/! It takes people to run them! Its a bummer!
Wow I surprised & impressed w/ the fishes response to this! We love our games & BF & forums! Hopefully the fishes that play other types of games, like match 3, strategy, adventure etc... will get on board. If anyone else plays those games maybe they can start a sign up sheet/
I love you all & gonna miss you!!!

Edited on 04/18/2018 at 5:44:09 PM PST

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Apr 17, 18 7:16 AM
I think the forum should be a paid member perk. Maybe that will encourage more people to sign up and enjoy the other benefits.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Apr 17, 18 7:23 AM
I have been buying games here and participating in the forums for over 10 years. I will be extremely sad to see them go away. In my opinion, it kills a gamesite.

I would be glad to pay a little extra to keep them going. Would also not mind advertising.

I have been wondering about the future of casual gaming. Don't want to see it go away. This is a sad day for me, finding this out about the forums here.

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Apr 17, 18 7:25 AM
You at BFG have to be out of your minds. I use the forums frequently to find out how to solve difficult puzzles, or ones with no instructions that I can't figure out, or games that I can't finish because there is no Skip button and you can't move on until the puzzle is completed (from very old games to new games). And, to no longer be able to private message anyone is ridiculous as well. I would be fine with a $ increase in the monthly club fee and less sales, as there have been plenty of sales, and I'm willing to wait longer for each one.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Apr 17, 18 7:26 AM
cottoncandy2 wrote:I think the forum should be a paid member perk. Maybe that will encourage more people to sign up and enjoy the other benefits.

amen to that

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Apr 17, 18 7:34 AM
Every game site I have looked at has a forum for game review and help. BFG has their head in the cloud (pun intended) if they think they can retain memberships with this loss of communication. I agree that a sale a day is way over the top - cant't be saving them any money.
Maybe others find mobile device platforms fun, but I have enough trouble seeing my big screen. BFG has restricted some great devs to exclusive work for mobiles. (boomzap)

Advertisement is letting the dog in the doorway, it's too easy to have more ads than forum content. But I would put up with that to keep the forums. Paying extra is a slap in the face and will, I think, lose customers in the long run. Cutting out forums will cost them money also.
BFG has so many devs tied up with exclusive deals we may lose those games. Developers will take a hit too, if their only portal is a stingy site.

BFG used to be the best game site around. They have gone steadily downhill since the buy-out a few years ago. They will put themselves out of business if they keep taking away from their customer base. Losing Chit chat was huge and with very little notice. Now this with no warning at all. I hope they listen and think hard about this action.
I haven't any solution ideas, very short time to think some up. I would go along with ads and even a user fee. BFG, I hope you are paying attention to your loyal customers. Loyalty works both ways.

Go to: