Flounder
2,290 Posts

BFG fora and PMs closing down - IMPORTANT

[Post New]by Theorem on Apr 17, 18 4:21 AM
Hi all!

I haven't seen the announcement in here (checked too quickly?) but there it is

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1081018.page

Another letdown ...

So well, anyway, I have no problem in giving my email address to anyone who would like to say hello or anything else , so don't hesitate to PM me as I might forget to send some messages around!! I'd love to keep in touch!!

Talk to you soon I hope, wherever that might be!

<grmbl> <sigh> <grmbl>
Theo / Flo

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:BFG fora and PMs closing down - IMPORTANT

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 17, 18 5:07 AM
Utterly devastated by the recent turn of events. First Dark Manor, now the fora. They say that the other games will continue, but all signs indicate that this will not be the case.

So, farewell, my friends! It was great fun while it lasted!

eli

PS Theo, glad to see you are now ok! Will send you a PM with an email address. If anyone wants to share contact details or info on other sites/games, please send me a PM before the closedown (April 30).

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 17, 18 12:44 PM
Hello Theorem and eli173,

It definitely makes sense to be concerned about the recently announced changes and whether that implies any further actions or decisions. I wanted to swim by and provide some assistance for sharing contact details as well as provide some assurance that just because the forums are specifically being closed, this doesn't mean other facets of our site and support services are going away.

First, if you'd like to contact players via private message to share contact details, please do. It may help to provide them in an all text with no punctuation format, spelling out the commercial at @ as at and the a period, ., as dot when sharing emails. URLs are generally okay and won't be filtered, but some may, and it may be helpful to share ways to search using a search engine online with interested players. Furthermore, other workarounds for our forum's automated filters are located in our announcement below:

Having trouble posting about levels? - September 27, 2016

As for the content on our website, games we provide, and services we offer, besides the forums everything will continue as normal. It can definitely be concerning when a portion used by some of our players often is no longer available, but I can assure you that our games are not being taken down and that players will still be able to receive updates for their games through either the Big Fish Games app or the appropriate mobile app store the game was downloaded from.

I wish I had more to assuage those fears, but I hope that our continued support and releases of our games outside of the forums will help with that. I want to thank everyone in our forums who have helped create a comfortable community environment, and hope that the spirit of that community continues where players are creating new venues to discuss our games and otherwise with one another. I know I personally appreciated seeing what sort of community could be created online and helping moderate it over these years.

Thank you all for your patience and time while reading this. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 18, 18 6:59 AM
Thank you, bfgIlinalta.

One last point: One month after the abrupt and unceremonious closing down of Dark Manor (we could at least have had a few days notice to take some screenshots of our beloved manors!) , it is still advertised on the FTP page of Game Manager.

Edited on 04/18/2018 at 6:59:54 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 20, 18 9:47 AM
Hello eli173,

Thank you for taking the time to report that! I'm going to make sure the right teams are aware that this game is showing up as available in the Big Fish Games app (Game Manager) despite having been removed from our site. I'm sorry that it's still showing up there, and hope that those teams can find why this is happening soon.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Apr 23, 18 10:05 AM

It has been a lot of fun over the last several years. I will miss you all.

Go to: