only the Club members are allowed to post
MaryCricket

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 7:39:54 AM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Re:Forums should be for Club Members only After April 30

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 17, 18 9:06 AM
Hi MaryCricket,

Thank you for taking the time to share this suggestion with the team, I really appreciate it.

We face a number of limitations with the forums and them being as fragile as they are, and at this time limiting who can access them is not an option available to us.

As with all suggestions, I will pass this along to the appropriate team for consideration.

bfgMurrumbidgee

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Apr 17, 18 9:21 AM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:

We face a number of limitations with the forums and them being as fragile as they are, and at this time limiting who can access them is not an option available to us.

As with all suggestions, I will pass this along to the appropriate team for consideration.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Thanks for chiming in, bbfgMurrumbidgee. Forum fragility has been an issue since before CCC was closed. Wonder why there has been no noticeable attempt to upgrade the system and strengthen it.
As BFG appears to be falling apart, I wonder if our games in "the cloud" will still be available, or will the company close that avenue too.
You mods are doing the best you can, hope you all have jobs after the 30th.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 17, 18 10:39 AM
dramajunkie wrote:
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:

bfgMurrumbidgee

Thanks for chiming in, bbfgMurrumbidgee. Forum fragility has been an issue since before CCC was closed. Wonder why there has been no noticeable attempt to upgrade the system and strengthen it.
As BFG appears to be falling apart, I wonder if our games in "the cloud" will still be available, or will the company close that avenue too.
You mods are doing the best you can, hope you all have jobs after the 30th.

Good question dramajunkie! I see this as a "sign" and I am fearing that all my games will be gone forever. I can't possibly download all 1100 games to my computer! I have made the decision to halt my game purchasing from this site, this is not a good omen

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 17, 18 11:42 AM
Hello dramajunkie and pennmom36,

It absolutely makes sense to be concerned that other online offerings from Big Fish Games will become unavailable due to the recent decision. It is certainly reasonable to see if other parts of the site are being removed, and I can assure you that the recent decision to no longer continue the forums is only affecting the forums.

We continue to provide "A New Game Everyday" ®, online servers holding player's F2P game progress are still maintained, and our Technical Support Team will always be available for players who have trouble with our premium titles or need assistance beyond our Help Pages. We also have teams dedicated to our F2P titles for further assistance for our players.

Players will continue to have access to their previous purchases to download from their Purchase History. Players will also still be able to receive updates and downloads for their games through our Big Fish Games app or through the appropriate app store where the game was downloaded. Also, our Facebook pages will be available to provide updates, announcements, and new game releases or promotions. Our Facebook pages are public facing, so even players without a Facebook account can visit to see the latest news or updates.

It can definitely be scary when a change like this occurs, but I do want to assure you that we are only closing the forums, and not removing other facets of our site or games. Also, I want to personally thank you for your concern about my and my team's work and roles in our company. We wear many hats, perform many roles everyday, and are a valuable part of Big Fish Games. I'm not afraid for my job personally, and I know that I'll be able to continue helping people even if the forums are no longer available to do so.

Thank you to everyone for your support over the years and for helping us make a space where players could come together and comfortably discuss our games with one another. We hope that spirit continues in other places our players create and with one another as they form new bonds and connections. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 11:44:11 AM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

Forums should be for Club Members only After April 30

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 17, 18 6:56 PM
MaryCricket wrote:I have a fantastic Idea, How about this

Club members have benefits, maybe they can make the forum part of the benefits
MaryCricket

And why should that be when non-club members pay even more for games? What an unkind idea.

(edited for spelling)

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 7:52:17 PM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 17, 18 7:58 PM
Hi Hespera,

I appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to share your feelings about one of our other user’s suggestions to make the forums a benefit of being a Big Fish Game Club member as a means of preserving the community that has been built here over the years.

I did want to take a moment to answer the questions that you have raised.

Yes, this decision related to the age and fragile nature of the system used to power the forums and the fact that there simply is not an avenue through which we can upgrade them.

As for what the moderation team does during the day, the answer is a lot. Our team is on hand to answer game related questions in the forums for newly released games as well as free to play titles like Midnight Castle, Gummy Drop!, and more. Given the sheer number of forums we have, it is true that we cannot be everywhere nor can we play every single game but every effort is made to help via post and PM at every opportunity. The team also handles things outside of our forums, including but not limited to the moderation of the user generated reviews.

And yes, we do spend some of each and every day manually removing the spam posts and the accounts that create these posts as the filters in place is not able to prevent all of these messages from getting through.

I sincerely hope this helps, and please feel free to reply to this post or reach out to any one of us if we can help with any further questions.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 8:00:31 PM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 17, 18 8:09 PM
But see, there's a good point - you moderate the Free to Play Games, an on-going revenue providing item. What is gonna happen to us players when we have a problem now? Is some special arrangement gonna be made?

(edited: left out a word)

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 8:10:44 PM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Apr 17, 18 8:43 PM
Hi again Hespera,

I appreciate you following up, as I mentioned we provide support for both our downloadable games and well as the free to play titles that we support.

Our team has always worked in tandem with the Customer Support team, especially on the technical support side of things. In the event that in-game issues arise, our CS team will be on hand to provide help and continue to funnel the information we receive from players to the teams who work with the developers.

Should updates be provided to us by the developers, the Big Fish Games App (Game Manager) will continue to display notifications to alert players. There is an option in the program to automatically check for updates when the program is launched, or users can choose to trigger the search manually if they prefer.

The walkthroughs that are created for many of our downloadable content will continue use to be posted to the blog to help with gameplay questions as well.

It bears repeating that we are taking all of the feedback we are receiving, and the concerns that are being raised about where players can go for help to the appropriate parties. It is important to our team that your voices are heard.

bfgMurrumbidgee

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 17, 18 8:54 PM
The forum software was last upgraded, how many years ago? In 2011?

Think about it folks. Every other online game portal maintains their forums. They understand that people have ownership on a forum; BFG has never understood this and yet again, they shut it down rather than take the next step and upgrade their software.

I stayed after the first CCC flush, not this one. I'm spending my credits and canceling my membership.

I have a lot of sympathy for the mods here; they did not create this situation.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 17, 18 10:50 PM
I think if you look around, you'll find that all the other portals have closed their forums. Different reasons for different portals - some have gone Facebook or IOS apps, some cut way back on staffing and didn't want to support forums, but whatever the case, this was pretty much the last portal forum in town.

There are plenty of private forums, like the one that was started when BFG shut down the mainline forums a few years back (Pond Friends) and some others that were started by former BFG forum members quite a few years ago. Some require an invitation to join. Some require a referral from a member (that's just to assure you're not a troublemaker, etc.).

Use a popular search engine to look for gaming forums.

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

Forums should be for Club Members only After April 30

[Post New]by gailgo on Apr 18, 18 7:39 AM
Hespera wrote:
MaryCricket wrote:I have a fantastic Idea, How about this

Club members have benefits, maybe they can make the forum part of the benefits
MaryCricket

And why should that be when non-club members pay even more for games? What an unkind idea.

(edited for spelling)

yes I agree

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

[Post New]by gailgo on Apr 18, 18 7:42 AM
Hespera wrote:I think if you look around, you'll find that all the other portals have closed their forums. Different reasons for different portals - some have gone Facebook or IOS apps, some cut way back on staffing and didn't want to support forums, but whatever the case, this was pretty much the last portal forum in town.

There are plenty of private forums, like the one that was started when BFG shut down the mainline forums a few years back (Pond Friends) and some others that were started by former BFG forum members quite a few years ago. Some require an invitation to join. Some require a referral from a member (that's just to assure you're not a troublemaker, etc.).

I belong to a new site that wants to expand its gaming community, so if anyone is interested check us out .. a lot of old BFG members are there.. http://castawayisland.freeforums.net/

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Apr 18, 18 7:43 AM
Hespera wrote:I think if you look around, you'll find that all the other portals have closed their forums. Different reasons for different portals - some have gone Facebook or IOS apps, some cut way back on staffing and didn't want to support forums, but whatever the case, this was pretty much the last portal forum in town.

Actually there are many game sites that maintain their forums. I belong to two others that have always and still maintain the format. Have to disagree with you. Sorry.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Apr 18, 18 7:55 AM
I disagree with the comment on other sites closing their forums as well. I know a lot of major gaming sites still maintain their forums as they see this as a way to increase their sales.

BFG has a push to drive everyone to their Facebook page but quite frankly why would they want to do that? Every time I visit that page it is full of complaints about the horrible customer service at BFG. Just sayin.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 18, 18 9:14 AM
Sorry guys. Didn't mean to offend. I did a listing of the top 60 web game portals (Alexis rated) then looked at the top 40. That's what I based my answer on. Thought it would be sufficient enough research for the cause.

And to be clear, I was referencing only game portals, like BFG. Not private gaming forums. Steam is the only active gaming portal I could find that still maintains a forum, group rooms and chat rooms.

Boom Zap has a gaming forum, as does Pond Friends, Castaways, Genki, and Challengers.

Edited on 04/19/2018 at 11:12:20 PM PST

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 18, 18 12:08 PM
Nobody wants to be pushed to facebook, people are jumping off of the facebook bandwagon in droves, the BF forums need to be maintained for the cash paying game club members and not allow people who only play the free games and don't want to be part of the club, if BF goes through with this they are going to bleed money from all the cancelled memberships. This is a horrible business decision on their part.

janedoe20
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by janedoe20 on Apr 19, 18 2:03 AM
So how do we notify developers of game stopping glitches? Your CS will only tell us to clear our cookies

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Apr 19, 18 12:10 PM
I have been buying games from Big Fish Games since 2014. I chose not to be a member at that time. I disagree that people who are not members only play FTP games. I also think it unfair to restrict the forums to membership customers. I have purchased over 400 games in the last four years and all are Big Fish offerings and across many different genres. It is not my fault that the sales offered are open to members and non members alike. I did not feel it necessary to become a member then and I don't feel it is necessary to be one now. All of my games were purchased at sale prices. The only other perk I saw to becoming a member was the punch card program and the for members only games sale prices. Yes members received a discounted price as a general rule for all games compared to non members but I was not sure how many games I would buy and did not want to be locked in to purchasing games every month. I am truly saddened that the forums are being shut down but do not believe keeping them active only for club members is a solution.
Also forgot to mention I am not a facebook user and never will be. Sad to see the forums shut down and hope a reasonable solution for all people playing and paying Big Fish games will be found and acted upon but won't hold my breath as I believe they will go by the way side regardless of everyone's concerns or emotional feelings

Best regards
Glitter

Edited on 04/19/2018 at 12:16:10 PM PST

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 19, 18 12:20 PM
Glitter
You are not locked in to purchasing games every month with the membership but the membership fee goes toward free game credits if you don't purchase anything in a certain time frame, or at least it has with me.
Also the thinking is that if people have to pay to use the forums it will help to keep the spammers out.

Edited on 04/19/2018 at 12:27:23 PM PST

Go to: