silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:PMing

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 17, 18 11:11 AM
No problems with me.

If you have typed numbers and symbols touching each other it can cause blank messages after clicking the submit button.

Type your message. Make sure there is a space between numbers and symbols (such as the @ sign or dashes - ). Click the Preview button before you Submit to see if there is anything that can cause it to be blank before you click Submit to give you a chance to edit before submitting.

cindykat325
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by cindykat325 on Apr 17, 18 11:14 AM
I've had that problem too Silver_Hawk. you need to separate email addresses

name <space> AT <space> provider

if you want to be sure they go through

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 17, 18 11:16 AM
Hi gertie0513,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles PMing! As silver_hawk mentioned, blank PMs are usually a sign that the forum's filter caught something it didn't like in either the subject line or the body of the PM. Things like dashes (especially in conjunction with numbers) and the @ sign can cause the filter to try to catch something it doesn't think should be sent. When that happens, following the advice silver_hawk offered should help make sure the PM will go through in the end. For more advice on types of symbol/character combinations to avoid, please take a look at the following link:

Having trouble posting about levels? - September 27, 2016

I hope this information helps in some way. Please let one or our active Moderators know if there are any additional troubles or concerns. We'll do our best to help get thing working better.

bfgArinelle

ohpleeze
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Apr 17, 18 1:50 PM
Thanks bfgArinelle .

ohpleeze
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Apr 17, 18 2:37 PM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hi gertie0513,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles PMing! As silver_hawk mentioned, blank PMs are usually a sign that the forum's filter caught something it didn't like in either the subject line or the body of the PM. Things like dashes (especially in conjunction with numbers) and the @ sign can cause the filter to try to catch something it doesn't think should be sent. When that happens, following the advice silver_hawk offered should help make sure the PM will go through in the end. For more advice on types of symbol/character combinations to avoid, please take a look at the following link:

<a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/861233.page">Having trouble posting about levels? - September 27, 2016</a>

I hope this information helps in some way. Please let one or our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672145.page">active Moderators</a> know if there are any additional troubles or concerns. We'll do our best to help get thing working better.

bfgArinelle

So players have been paying attention to the forum rules but it doesn't matter. How is this helpful? People that enjoy the forum have no place to go?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 17, 18 3:06 PM
Hi ohpleeze,

I would like to clarify some of the details from my previous post. Players have always been welcome to share personal contact information by PM if that is something they felt comfortable doing. Changes to the spam filters made this difficult since some symbols and combinations of symbols started being caught by the filters. These changes were designed to try to help reduce the presence of spam, but it also caused some trouble for players who wanted to share innocent information.

Given the upcoming changes to the forums, our Moderator Team wants to try to help our players share contact information so they can keep in touch with friends they've made here. We do still expect our players to follow the Forum Rules with both public and private posts, and these same rules also bind our Moderators. I want to reassure that finding ways around the spam filter in order to share contact information by PM is not a violation of these rules. We only ask that our players not post personal contact information in a public post made directly on a forum.

If there are additional questions or if my response does not exactly fit the nature of your question, please let me know by sending a PM my way. I'll be happy to continue clarifying as best as I can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: