bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Jessica - Mysterious Journey forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 27, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Jessica - Mysterious Journey forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Jessica - Mysterious Journey players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:Welcome to Jessica - Mysterious Journey forum

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jul 27, 10 12:24 AM
Well, another bomb I think. Maybe BF needs to go back to a tier system, with prices depending on the complexity and quality of the game, i.e.truly quality games of any genre 10.99 - 19.99, beginner etc. 6.99 and go from there. How can you compare MCF, Drawn, Flux, The Clockwork Man etc. and the unbelievable array of other exceptionally beautiful and challenging games to this offering? This is one of those discs that you get at best buy at 2 for 5.00. Possibly we need to have BF discontinue the new game a night and start offering quality games 2 to 3 times a week..... I am really getting disappointed in the recent offerings. At this rate, the billions of sales should probably drop eventually. Just my opinion.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jul 27, 10 1:10 AM
meanbusiness wrote:Well, another bomb I think. Maybe BF needs to go back to a tier system, with prices depending on the complexity and quality of the game, i.e.truly quality games of any genre 10.99 - 19.99, beginner etc. 6.99 and go from there. How can you compare MCF, Drawn, Flux, The Clockwork Man etc. and the unbelievable array of other exceptionally beautiful and challenging games to this offering? This is one of those discs that you get at best buy at 2 for 5.00. Possibly we need to have BF discontinue the new game a night and start offering quality games 2 to 3 times a week..... I am really getting disappointed in the recent offerings. At this rate, the billions of sales should probably drop eventually. Just my opinion.

I agree completely to the above statement.

60schild
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by 60schild on Jul 27, 10 1:33 AM
Well, this game has to be one of the worst I've EVER played. I skipped through most of the puzzles (shame on me!) and finished the entire game (yeah, I like punishment) with 10 minutes left on the trial. Horrible, cartoonish graphics and dialogue - I can't type the exact words to describe this game - I'd be banished from this forum forever!

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Jul 27, 10 4:27 AM
Really, WTF!!!, BFG.
WTF!!!

Do you listen to your customers?????????????

Inane! Stupid! Idiotic game! Artwork, storyline, writing, gameplay, it's all bad!

STOP THE TORTURE!!

I must be serious...look at all the exclamation points and huge font!!!!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jul 27, 10 4:47 AM
meanbusiness wrote:Well, another bomb I think. Maybe BF needs to go back to a tier system, with prices depending on the complexity and quality of the game, i.e.truly quality games of any genre 10.99 - 19.99, beginner etc. 6.99 and go from there. How can you compare MCF, Drawn, Flux, The Clockwork Man etc. and the unbelievable array of other exceptionally beautiful and challenging games to this offering? This is one of those discs that you get at best buy at 2 for 5.00. Possibly we need to have BF discontinue the new game a night and start offering quality games 2 to 3 times a week..... I am really getting disappointed in the recent offerings. At this rate, the billions of sales should probably drop eventually. Just my opinion.

First I would like to say it's not BF's fault for having not so great games on here. There is no good games out there worth playing. I have 4 alerts out on Gamezebo for decent HOG's and those alerts were put up there 3 months ago. There's a shortage everywhere. I have been on Google every other day looking for a good one. And personally I don't think BFG should charge the prices of their games. I like the $6.99 price tag and I believe it's what bought BFG the customers. You look on Gamezebo for example. When a new game comes out and it's $19.99 for example, a lot of people say I will wait till BF gets it because of its $6.99 price tag. If you notice when BF gets a CE, not too many people buy it for $19.99, they wait until the $6.99 version comes out because they just can't afford the $19.99 price. Me, I think it's a waste of money to spend $20.00 on a game for what an extra hour of game play? Wallpaper and some pictures? For that extra $13.00 plus a dollar I could buy 2 more games. Like I said there is just a shortage everywhere. BFG can not put out what is not there.

Sassy

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 27, 10 5:03 AM
BFG is a distributor. They don't MAKE games, they sell/distribute them. If you look at any games' splash screen they'll tell you who created, developed and produced the game.

As far as there not being many games out there as good as the few that are exceptional (MCF, etc.), I don't recall any time where we were flooded with nothing but good games for a solid month. Ever. At best it might be 3 good ones per week, followed by an immense dry spell.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Jul 27, 10 5:15 AM
I guess I am not seeing the game shortage you are speaking about. Is this because you can not find games other than BF? I have found other games/HOGS/IHOGS, but BF usually offers a better selection. However, any game company should know what they are offering for many reasons!

One big one: I know the sign of the fish on this game is used to represent christianity, but what I could not decide if it was for or against it, because no christian would have it go up in flames.

Another thing I found this game very offensive in how the women was portrayed! The sexist overtone was very heavy in this game.

Do not get me wrong I am not against religious symbols being used as hidden objects just when you have them interact with the player.

With all of the above in mind I do not hold BF responsible for bad games, but they are responsible for games that possibly cross lines after all it is there reputation on the line.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 27, 10 1:33 PM
pixielily wrote:One big one: I know the sign of the fish on this game is used to represent christianity, but what I could not decide if it was for or against it, because no christian would have it go up in flames.

i think the fish is supposed to be the big switch for the hint lightbulb in this game... it's like you pray and you are shown the answer... and when you collect three in a scene, you must be "on fire for the lord" - thank you house for that wonderful phrase!

that or the klan is getting back together...

Go to: