Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

A review

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 27, 10 7:35 AM
Tried the demo of this game last night. It is very similar to Fairy Godmother Tycoon and in some ways, it's less of a game, in other ways it's more. Your character must compete against another food entity in the same town. Your goal is to steal all the customers away before they monopolize all the business. Like FGT, you must sell products to the public and you have various forms of advertisement and research at your disposal. One thing that I liked in Diner Tycoon is that you have to market to individual customers. It's not enough that you get a crowd into your diner - you must attract certain types of individuals, which gives the game an edge. You do individual research per customer and you choose what dishes to offer in your establishment, set the prices, stock the supplies. Another twist is that you can own more than one restaurant in the same town - with differing products. This was all on the first tier so perhaps in later tiers you may run even more than two! Anyway, when I first started this demo, I thought it was a cheapened version of FGT; however, by the end, I was hooked. Though the differences I pointed out may not seem groundbreaking, they certainly make a difference to the gameplay - in a good & strategic way. I enjoyed this game and plan on purchasing it.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:A review

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 10, 10 11:58 AM
I own all the Diner Dash games, including Avenue Flo. This game however, I just didn't like. It was to much hopping around and just to busy.

Go to: