Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 19, 18 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/19/2018 at 8:23:03 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 19, 18 6:45 AM
No tech issues so far, just want to say this is one of the things I will miss the most...the help of other fishies.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 19, 18 8:22 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Finally, I want to assure everyone in the pond that after the forums close, our Support Team will remain available for troubleshooting assistance and to replace glitching games. Thank you so much for your understanding.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 04/19/2018 at 8:22:50 AM PST

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Apr 19, 18 4:02 PM
Windows 10.

I'm in the boiler room. Guide says move crates and get ladder. The arrow doesn't even change over them and they go nowhere. Hint says there's nothing to do. It says that in all 3 rooms. I have gone clear back in the guide, I haven't left out any steps.
I can't continue until I climb the ladder. WTH?

edit: I am putting this in a new thread also. It's either a glitch or I am missing something.

trentcook
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by trentcook on Apr 19, 18 4:05 PM
Windows 10.

I'm in the boiler room. Guide says move crates and get ladder. The arrow doesn't even change over them and they go nowhere. Hint says there's nothing to do. It says that in all 3 rooms. I have deleted and reinstalled and still can't access next steps.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 19, 18 4:28 PM
Hello dramajunkie and trentcook,

It sounds like there's trouble moving items in the boiler room in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition. Since both of you are experiencing the same glitch, this could be an issue with the game. Just in case, please try the suggestions in the help pages below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Email our Technical Support Team if those suggestions don't fix the game. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about this error.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by sniffles424 on Apr 19, 18 5:02 PM
Windows 10.

I'm in the boiler room. Guide says move crates and get ladder. The arrow doesn't even change over them and they go nowhere. Hint says there's nothing to do. It says that in all 3 rooms. I have deleted and reinstalled and still can't access next steps.

Tried the Run Game as Administrator and still not working

Edited on 04/19/2018 at 5:04:15 PM PST

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Apr 19, 18 5:14 PM
Running as admin. I couldn't even open the game. It only opened from the launch in the file (whatever that means)
The problem is still there. The game is not crashing or freezing - the cursor works fine and I can move to different rooms.
I am doing an un/re-install now.

[Post New]by hunteringram on Apr 19, 18 5:55 PM
SAME issue as with Immortal Love: Black Lotus, screen continuously flickers. What is up with 4friends games doing this? I have the most up to date drivers...this is getting ridiculous. Glad I learned from Black Lotus to always try before I buy. I never use to have to worry about that...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 20, 18 12:23 AM
And here we go again... When I click on "widescreen" in the Options, a window comes up, saying: "Wide Fullscreen Mode is not available/supported". One of those.

What decade is this developer living in? I had high hopes for this game, since it's a rare one with a decent colour scheme, but I won't buy a game that I can only play in fullscreen mode on my MSI widescreen laptop (using Win10, 64-bit).

Edited on 04/20/2018 at 12:36:08 AM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Apr 20, 18 8:44 AM
Windows 10 PC

The only problem I had was after the trial when I bought it. I checked the bonus content right away. The replay hops was locked up and said it would unlock when played. I already played four in the trial. The mini-game was unlocked where I played.

So I could not continue on with where I left off in the trial if I wanted the hops I already did to be unlocked in the bonus content. I had to start from the beginning again and every thing worked good after that.

ARIA32462
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ARIA32462 on Apr 20, 18 10:18 AM
I am having the same problem. This is very frustrating. There need to be a fix for this problem.

sniffles424 wrote:Windows 10.

Tried the Run Game as Administrator and still not working

[Post New]by JupiterMom on Apr 20, 18 10:21 AM
I am also stuck in the boiler room- this is SO FRUSTRATING

[Post New]by fishie6 on Apr 20, 18 10:54 AM
dramajunkie wrote:Windows 10.

I'm in the boiler room. Guide says move crates and get ladder. The arrow doesn't even change over them and they go nowhere. Hint says there's nothing to do. It says that in all 3 rooms. I have gone clear back in the guide, I haven't left out any steps.

edit: I am putting this in a new thread also. It's either a glitch or I am missing something.

Absolutely having the same problem on Mac. Its a game glitch.

[Post New]by fishie6 on Apr 20, 18 10:56 AM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello dramajunkie and trentcook,

It sounds like there's trouble moving items in the boiler room in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition. Since both of you are experiencing the same glitch, this could be an issue with the game. Just in case, please try the suggestions in the help pages below:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230485248">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>
<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">Run Game as Administrator</a>

Email our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000093788">Technical Support Team</a> if those suggestions don't fix the game. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about this error.

bfgBeruna

Why wouldn't you simply notify people who've purchased the game that the glitch will be fixed? When has a fix not been necessary for this kind of glitch?

srabtoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by srabtoy on Apr 20, 18 12:44 PM
In the boiler room and nothing works there to move the crates or get the ladder.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 20, 18 12:49 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that there seems to be trouble regarding the boiler room section of the game. Some players have reported that they are unable to continue past this point unless they start the game over from the beginning on a new save state. I apologize that this is my suggested workaround for the time being, but I do want players to know that the right teams have been made aware of the issue being reported here.

If further information is provided regarding this before April 30, 2018, a moderator will be certain to update our players in the forums. Also, updates will appear in the Big Fish Games app (Game Manager) if one becomes available.

Players who would rather receive additional assistance with their purchase or have tried our troubleshooting suggestions and are still seeing trouble can contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Be sure to provide the title of the game, what seems to have happened, as well as any steps tried to resolve it. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

Thank you all for your patience and for taking the time to let us know about your experiences in the game. If there are any further questions, concerns, or feedback, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Durkmaskin on Apr 20, 18 3:52 PM
dramajunkie wrote:Windows 10.

I'm having the same trouble.. on a Mac.

What can I do to finish the game?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 20, 18 4:37 PM
Seems like after the first visit to the room I had to go do some other things. When I returned I saw the back of ?Jonathon's? head, had to do something to him, free dad and then I was free to access the crates and ladder.

Hope I'm not confusing this progression up in my head though!

On MacBook pro 10.8.5

ETA: OK, after looking at the SG: It was a random dealer not Jonathan. Did you select the impersonation card?

Did you make sure to click on the hole in the ceiling so you have activated the need for the crates and ladders??

Edited on 04/20/2018 at 5:02:04 PM PST

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Apr 20, 18 5:15 PM
"SAME issue as with Immortal Love: Black Lotus, screen continuously flickers. What is up with 4friends games doing this? I have the most up to date drivers...this is getting ridiculous.

Same problem here with both games. I don't understand: I've played games from this dev on this computer before and loved them. But cannot play these last two.

I'm using Windows 10, but I have to think many others are, too. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck, and have checked all the usual suspects BFG suggests.

VERY frustrated.

Go to: