bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 28, 10 12:19 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Jul 28, 10 12:33 AM
ANOTHER BAD GAME! oh well, maybe tomorrow!

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jul 28, 10 12:35 AM
Well - I don't think this is one for me. Appears to be basic HOG with match mini games etc.
Very wordy so If you like in depth stories you may like this. Thought the hidden object scenes were junk pile and over size - large fingerprints over walls and big scissors etc. Penalty for over clicking and a hint limit of 5 that you refill by finding flasks.
Waiting for the weeks IHOG or isn't there a new acronym which includes the adventure element? Any way I want one of those!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 28, 10 12:38 AM
I really like it!!

Its a buy for me, but if you don't like to read, you won't like it.

Its a well done HOG treatment as a mystery of the original story of Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Coherent, cohesive with good graphics.

My main concern is that it may not be very long.

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Jul 28, 10 12:47 AM
Another rubbish game BFG

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 28, 10 12:50 AM
Too much chit chat. I played for 30 mins and in that time puzzles really easy and HOs not too tough to find. What really drove me round the bend was the music.
Thought I was going to like this game, but it was just a basic HOG really, and didn't improve with time.
Not the worst game ever, but not great either.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Jul 28, 10 12:51 AM
Well done graphics and catchy music. The object scenes are quite easy and the mini games are not much of a challenge. There is quite a bit of dialogue but it is well written and tells a good story. For beginners this would be a great game. Not sure on length but my guess is that it is on the short side.

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Jul 28, 10 12:59 AM
Awww - come on BFG, give us something better - this is not a totally bad game but a bit on the boring side

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jul 28, 10 1:01 AM
I was excited for this one, since this was one of Mudrock's picks for the week, but I'll pass. As soon as I looked at the screenshots and saw the giant keys and tiny funnels and weirdly-placed clovers, I figured this one was not for me. As everyone has said, it leans far toward the easy side. If this had come out a couple of years ago, it might be a hit. Now? It might be good if you want to get involved in a story or if you don't want too much of a challenge.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jul 28, 10 1:08 AM
Had to quit the demo after 15 minutes. Getting so tired of straight HOG games when the objects are so obscure. I get really frustrated by clicking on the hint button when I can't find something that isn't visible. Before the month runs out, I hope BG will provide us with ONE great game that isn't a CE to finish our punch cards.

This is a another definite No Buy for me.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 28, 10 1:16 AM
If you don't like reading this game is not for you as there is an awful lot of it to do. I didn't mind that part but I found the actually scenes to be a bit ... um ... depressing, the only colour was the green of the potion bottle which was hidden in each scene and which gives you an extra hint.

The minipuzzles so far are easy, mind you in the match pairs one it would have been nice to see the outlines of the cards that you had to turn over . Should you have trouble with any games there is a skip button which fills quite quickly.

I confess I did turn the music off on this one and the other problem I had was the cursor doing the loop de loop when I was trying to find the letter H which turned out to be a scratch on the wall. Why oh why do they make them do that when I am clicking on dark areas to see if the item I am searching for is hidden there grrrrr.

It is a reasonable HOG but not one for me, sorry developers.

C

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Jul 28, 10 1:19 AM
Boring !

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 28, 10 1:21 AM
Found this game way too tedious for me. Loads of dialogue that moved very slowly. I deduct (!) from this and the fact that there was no hint replenisher (amazing) that this has got to be a very old game.

irishlou
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by irishlou on Jul 28, 10 1:34 AM
What a boring game, far too much dialogue, badly drawn scenes. Even someone who had never played a HOG before would be put off by this one. Won't be buying this one.

4babes4me
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by 4babes4me on Jul 28, 10 1:47 AM
To me this game is right down the middle. Don't hate it, and don't absolutely love it. I got spoiled with a couple of the great IHOG's so I'm trying to not compare it to those. It's nothing like them. I find it easy, which is good since it's almost 2:00am and I'm half asleep. May buy sometime in the near future, but more exciting games will have priority.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jul 28, 10 1:52 AM
I love the way the mood is set with beautiful, yet subtle graphics. The sometimes odd-sized objects seem appropriate for the overall theme. Having the very complete journal adds to the "completeness" of the entire setting. Even the music is quite a nice addition to the whole. I've finished the demo; and would like to see a walkthrough so I can gauge how far I have gotten, but it will almost certainly be a buy for me. I admit you really have to enjoy a "period piece" to truly enjoy this, but for those of us that do; it is rather a treat. The mini-games are not very challenging, and hints are not needed very often because the graphics are clear (even the scenes with fog); so you will probably not run out of them. (You start with five, and if you use one, the next scene will contain a hidden "potion bottle" to restore you to your maximum of five.)

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Jul 28, 10 1:56 AM
Sick of HOG's I know another game site has the new Build a lot game bring it on Big Fish

bkl8303
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bkl8303 on Jul 28, 10 2:10 AM
I decided to venture out and found this game to be extremely easy and no fun. Actually pretty boring. An awful lot of chit chat. Not a game for me.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jul 28, 10 2:14 AM
Boring !

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Jul 28, 10 2:39 AM
If it wasn't for the fact that this is "Jekyll & Hyde" ....I'd say that this is a childs game, although with all the chit chat & the very simplistic mini games, I'm probably underestimating most kids of today (think maybe I'm showing my advanced years ) who will, like me find it much too "wordy" & !!!

Go to: