bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 28, 10 12:20 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde technical issues here only

[Post New]by ChristmasEve on Jul 28, 10 12:51 AM
I was really looking forward to checking this one out. My problem--it installed twice and when the game manager page came up, it stated Trial Expired. All these problems with the games are really getting frustrating.

lilcaz
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Post any The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde technical issues here only

[Post New]by lilcaz on Jul 28, 10 1:04 AM
I've just downloaded this game but when I tried to play Ive only got half the screen. I'll try to download again and see what happens.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jul 28, 10 1:59 AM
the game starts,i have the first scene,and when i have to enter the name the game freeze and nothing to do but ctrl-alt to go out!andit is not my graphic card!it is new and updated!in short story,this game don't work soon it starts!

Edited on 07/28/2010 at 2:01:39 AM PST

[Post New]by StripeyCatiana on Jul 28, 10 2:57 AM
My version runs, but unplayably slowly, and like edmee 1947 it's definately not my computer configuration - disappointing because it looked like quite a good game

[Post New]by lindaqqq on Jul 28, 10 3:03 AM
When I press play all I get is a black screen

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 28, 10 3:32 AM
"Error: Access violation at 0x004AD283 (tried to read from 0x00000008), program terminated"

Appeared after the intro, just before the beginning of the play.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 28, 10 4:09 AM
After downloading, do you close your browser before starting the game? May be just a conflict in screen settings when you get access violation. I turn off everything and play in full screen first time on any game so nothing is interferring with it. I open from game mgr. Played an hour on old xp, I do use Int Ex7. May see how it does on W7 laptop but it's small screen too, smaller than my 15" flat panel monitor on most games, not widescreen.

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on Jul 28, 10 8:03 AM
edmee1947 wrote:the game starts,i have the first scene,and when i have to enter the name the game freeze and nothing to do but ctrl-alt to go out!andit is not my graphic card!it is new and updated!in short story,this game don't work soon it starts!

Same problem here and I'm all up to date with drivers etc. May wait a few days and see if they do a fix. I really like good mystery stories and this sounds promising.
Grannie Kay

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 28, 10 9:04 AM
Sorry to say I did hit a glitch, no prob with d/l, first on older pc XP sp3. Now on my laptop with W7. In the first scene of the opium den after find the key and entering I found all the items but one, a devil. Used a hint and it showed a big white silouette on the back wall that looked like a butterfly. I clicked all over on it and gave up there. Did some random clicking over on the left side, a brick wall I think and something released, may have been the devil but couldn't tell, on to next tasks then hour up the end of chapter 1 (I'm a slow reader)

D/L on new Win7 laptop, fine til I got to that same scene. Good news is the items do change for replay so I couldn't breeze through it by total memory to get farther in the hour. Strange, but when that room first appeared there was a detailed white butterfly where the white splotch was on my pc first trial. It flashed then faded into the same white silouette splotch. Found all objects but last one a pocketwatch. Couldn't see it anywhere so used a hint and it went to that same white butterfly on the back wall. Random clicked all over it but no pocketwatch as before, no devil.

I think the game needs a patch on the hint command for that spot, as whether looking for a devil or a pocketwatch it puts the green sparkles on that butterfly on another trial, different sys.

Also, the memory mini turning over tiles had a grid dividing the rows from columns as most do. But when I played it the first time on my pc, different graphics card, there were no dividing lines, just a solid black back ground, no colored tiles to click on. But was playable just clicking around til you hit where a tile was and it turned over to show the object. First I thought wow they made this a challenge, having to grope around and find the tiles to click with no visual of the tiles to start. So, there were all the tiles with no squares until you clicked around the black screen til you hit somethint blindly til it turned over.

So, if there is no pocket watch in that scene and Hint can only show a butterfly, game ends for me. This must be a glitch that hopefully gets a patch since it happened in both demo versions, different pcs and sys req.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Jul 28, 10 9:14 AM
I was really looking forward to buying this game, but after I finished gathering all the items in the Opium Den, I could do nothing. There were no items listed, and if I clicked to see if I could find it, of course the cursor would fly around in circles after 3 clicks. Tried to use a hint and nothing happened, three times. The game was a little clunky and some objects very hard to find, so I'm going to pass. Have to find 2 more good games before Saturday!

Dibur46
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Dibur46 on Jul 28, 10 9:19 AM
This game definitely looks like it would be fun, however it started VERY slowly, at the beginning I could hear the music playing, but I couldn't get to the scene... it was just black. After about a minute of a black screen, I was able to play ok until I got to the first mini-game of matching. I had the outline of where the pictures should all be, I clicked numerous times in different spots only to see 1 inch squares where I clicked... there wasn't anything to match! Finally, the time ran out and I just skipped the game. I had to do the same with the next two mini- games also...
Also, when I used the hint, it would show me what to click, but then the circle just stayed on the screen into the next area for about a minute.
The whole game moved soooo slowly, as I had to keep waiting for the picture to show up instead of a black screen. NO fun!!

szim
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by szim on Jul 28, 10 9:37 AM
Downloaded the trial this morning just to find out that its messed up. The picture was all digital couldn't even see what it was. Could hear it fine but no picture. Uninstalled it. Going to try to re install it see what happens. Not looking good so far.

UPDATE:
Downloaded it again with no success! Can't see any picture all digital still. Tried to view with all windows closed, no help. Won't waste anymore time on this one.

Edited on 07/28/2010 at 10:36:00 AM PST

Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Serafinos on Jul 28, 10 9:43 AM
Brand new laptop, drivers updated here, too.

Got the HALF SCREEN from the start.

Really looking forward to playing this one.
BigFish has never let me down in coming up with fixes &/or quick tech support responses.
Patiently waiting with great anticipation.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Jul 28, 10 9:43 AM
The game downloaded and opened okay, right size for my screen but I had problems with the cursor freezing up on me for 10-30 seconds at a time. I just bought my computer 2 days ago so I know it is not my operating system or video card or drivers. There is a glitch in this game with the cursor. Anyone else having this problem?

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Jul 28, 10 9:46 AM
I'm in the Opium Den and am having difficulty finding an item. When I click on Hint, the item highlighted in the scene is not the item I'm looking for. So I'm stuck and can't finish the scene. The item I'm looking for is a pocketwatch and is the last item on the list I need to find.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 28, 10 9:52 AM
Hi fishies!

If you are having display issues, laggy play or an Access Violation , it may help to check for updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. These updates happen often which means that even new computers may need them. The great thing is they are quick and almost always free.

Game Crashing, Freezing, Blank Screen

If you are still getting an Access Violation after these updates, you may need to run your game as administrator.

For expired trials, it may help to use Firefox when downloading the trial or uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager and then trying to download the trial again.

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgTigris

Edited on 07/28/2010 at 9:53:01 AM PST

born2camp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by born2camp on Jul 28, 10 10:11 AM
StripeyCatiana wrote:My version runs, but unplayably slowly, and like edmee 1947 it's definately not my computer configuration - disappointing because it looked like quite a good game

born2camp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by born2camp on Jul 28, 10 10:14 AM
I just downloaded the try me to see if I would like this game it sounds interesting but
its slow, the cursor wont work half the time and I have probably wasted 15 minutes of play time on the first minute of the game in actual time. Unless I see some updates or fixes I probably wont buy this game because of technical difficulties

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Jul 28, 10 10:32 AM
In chapter 1-3, Opium Den, used a hint to look for a pocket watch. Told me it was a white thing (a hankie perhaps?) on left side of wall. Used another hint said the same thing. I quit game and started over, got to same place and this time hint showed me it was on a stool on bottom left of screen, which is where it was. I could play okay after that, but who would want to?? Bad, bad game! I know this is not a tech issue, but I do hope you guys read the forums. We do expect more from BFG than this poorly developed junk pile HOG. That being said, you've given us some really great games (you usually do) and it's sincerely appreciated.

Go to: