mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

Here is where I am going

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 19, 18 8:00 AM
I'll see you at "The pond' http://pondfriends.boards.net/

Just think, some of us fishies have been flushed twice now...

Come on mods. I know, no urls, but we're being evicted so please give me a break :-) please?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Here is where I am going

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 19, 18 8:15 AM
As of now, the URL is appearing just fine

I've registered there myself but will keep the glass half full - things could always change. Call me overly optimistic, but we don't know if there's anything going on behind the scenes that they don't want to discuss openly just in case it falls through. I was here back in 2013 when BF first offered us new forums. Then when they tried to implement them the only thing that happened was the website was down for a few days and then we just got these old forums back with nothing updated at all. My opinion only of course, but I think they eliminated the CCC and a few of the other forums either for some tech issue with the software or else they were running out of room on their server. In the end, it was a Band-Aid fix and 5 years down the road, the same problem(s) have cropped up again. Yes, it's a dumb business move to not consider any alternatives besides shutting the forums down, but again, who knows, there could be things going on we don't know about.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Apr 19, 18 8:23 AM
I signed up there yesterday. Still checking things out, but it seems very interesting.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Here is where I am going

[Post New]by Bartsister on Apr 19, 18 9:01 AM
mcquigan wrote:I'll see you at "The pond' http://pondfriends.boards.net/

Just think, some of us fishies have been flushed twice now...

Come on mods. I know, no urls, but we're being evicted so please give me a break :-) please?

Hi mcquigan!

I read in one of the Mod posts that they are letting us say where people can go ... well maybe not everywhere we may want to tell people to go sometimes ... (jk) but yes we can talk about new game forum places. Links are NOT working in PMs though sadly

If the link does get zapped, we can just say Google: Pond Friends

Also - nowhere close to these kinds of forums, but there are casual gaming community groups on Steam where you might be surprised to see some names that are familiar. Hidden Object Gamers or Casual Gamers are a couple.

Edited on 04/19/2018 at 9:02:11 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 19, 18 9:03 AM
Hello Everyone,

In light of the forums' impending closures, we are allowing some URLs to be posted here. That includes the URL to Pond Friends.

If questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We'll be happy to listen and to help however we can.

bfgBeruna

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Apr 19, 18 9:17 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:As of now, the URL is appearing just fine

I've registered there myself but will keep the glass half full - things could always change. Call me overly optimistic, but we don't know if there's anything going on behind the scenes that they don't want to discuss openly just in case it falls through. I was here back in 2013 when BF first offered us new forums. Then when they tried to implement them the only thing that happened was the website was down for a few days and then we just got these old forums back with nothing updated at all. My opinion only of course, but I think they eliminated the CCC and a few of the other forums either for some tech issue with the software or else they were running out of room on their server. In the end, it was a Band-Aid fix and 5 years down the road, the same problem(s) have cropped up again. Yes, it's a dumb business move to not consider any alternatives besides shutting the forums down, but again, who knows, there could be things going on we don't know about.

I really, really hope so!

I remember the new forums that we were supposed to get. We completed all these surveys of what we wanted to see, had the battle over new avatars or losing our fish status (I had to post a bit to get rid of the ugly one I had at the time! The decision was we would get new avatars but keep our fish badge) They posted screen shots of how it was all going to turn out and then .... epic fail.

I really do think whoever they hired to custom make this forum package that would import all the old threads and organization and put them in a bright shiny new package completely screwed the whole thing up. They either oversold what they could actually do or there was some other issue that wouldn't make it work. No idea how much all that cost BF at the time, but I think when it failed, BF just threw up their hands and gave up.

I know I keep talking about Steam, but their forums are a good model that BFG could use. They have one forum page for every game (like this one). They have pinned topics up top (like this one). Then they have sub topics over on the right for General Discussions, Tech Issues, etc. You can click on those links on the right and the mass of threads in a game forum page gets filtered to only the ones you want to see. It's not impossible ...

And thank you very much SynthpopAddict for all the time and patience you have put into these forums helping people - even years after!

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 19, 18 12:21 PM
I registered at Pond Friends yesterday, and posted a "hello" message, and somehow I hit a wrong button and lost the message LOL! I decided to post again later, after I have my mind on what I'm doing. I would like to explore how things "work" over there, and how they will be able to accommodate an unknown number of BFG refugees. It was nice to see some familiar names.

I feel the same way as SynthpopAddict, that things could always change here at BF. But it is nice to know there are options on where to go, depending on what you're looking for. It's just hard to know exactly what to do when you're (we're) still in a state of shock.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Apr 19, 18 12:26 PM
I am not sure how any of this is going to be set up and there is an open forum and other discussion boards at Pond Friends so there can be input. This is not a closed door discussion but is and should be open to everyone who is interested in a solution. The door is open so please join us because we would love to have you.

Bisci

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 19, 18 3:07 PM
Tried, and hope I did it right. Hard for me to get used to new places and things.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Apr 19, 18 4:23 PM
I've been a member there for a year or so. Very little posting, mostly I'm quiet. Biggest bully from these forums doesn't seem to be around. For the most part everyone is friendly and they are all making us welcome.

Jennsmom, I too even after all this time find it hard to navigate. It definitely isn't as easy as these forums. But friendly which is most important.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Apr 19, 18 5:04 PM
I joined Pond Friends in 2013 when Big Fish flushed our CCC! Pond Friends is a great site, and like anything new, you just need to wander around a bit and you'll be used to it in no time!

Take care everyone! See you in Pond Friends!

Abs

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 25, 18 8:00 AM
I'm updating information

If you go to Pond friends you can continue to read Penmom, Bisci, Sunny's and other members reviews (submit your own)!

The pond is made up of BFG forum members. There are "New and Upcoming Games" Sneak Peeks - games which should be coming out this week and perhaps next week as well.

There are game discussion areas

There is the chit chat room if you would like to socialize.

We have all been where you are right now and are hoping to assist in keeping your community together.

This is the link to a welcome letter from Biscuitmama and Pennmom

http://pondfriends.boards.net/thread/5350/information-welcome-new-returning-members?page=1&scrollTo=359242

Some of the members are organizing a Welcome party for the many of you that have joined. If you remember Haggis, this pays homage to her.

there is no fee of any kind!

http://pondfriends.boards.net/thread/5362/invitation-welcome-party

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Apr 25, 18 9:55 AM
I guess everybody knows now that Bisci and Biscuitmama are the same person.

See you in Pond Friends !

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Apr 25, 18 6:03 PM
Me too....under new name tho....DebbieAnnie1 --that's a one hahaha I really hope we all get back to posting as much as we do now....although I think it will take time ...goodbye and HELLO

Edited on 04/25/2018 at 6:03:41 PM PST

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 25, 18 6:04 PM
At Pond Friends we are hosting a welcome party, coincidentally, April 30th!

http://pondfriends.boards.net

Go to: