silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

New Forum

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 19, 18 11:34 AM
I've hung around many bikers, truck drivers, and military men. I am in no way, form, or fashion a prude - nothing surprises me, shocks me, nor offends me. What people say they are free to say... That said,

I will not be joining you all on Delphi. I preferred to hang out on BF forums for the simplicity of it being kept very well by the mod's family friendly. To get away from the world and of politics and stay focused on the enjoyment of a game. For the lightheartedness and fun.

I saw the Welcome page of the new Delphi forum and this is what it says...

"Make yourself at home.

Please be:
Thoughtful. Colorful. Spirited. Engaged.

Don't be:
Mean. Argumentative. Abusive. Profane."


I perused some of the postings and admired a lot of the work that has gone into it in just a few days. But it's only been a few days and already breaking what I highlighted in bold above. Really? Is there no decorum or self discipline? I don't see this going well for some people. I wish you all the best but I have my reservations. Good Luck



 
Pazlovejoy
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

Re:New Forum

[Post New]by Pazlovejoy on Apr 19, 18 11:52 AM
I understand your reservations but I hope the community is able to regulate itself enough to entice you to return. For me the benefit of being able to discuss currently taboo subjects (other games, etc) outweighs the annoyance of having to ignore comments I find inappropriate or upsetting.

 

Re:New Forum

[Post New]by crownofthornes on Apr 19, 18 11:55 AM
I agree with you silver_hawk. We need to have censorship. Some people get carried away and don't care who they hurt in the process. I will not be joining. I have enjoyed this forum but managed for 2 years before I found it so I'm sure I'll be okay.Saying that - I will miss it, and where is Anelligram? I thought she would have had something to say about the situation. She is conspicuous by her abscence

 

Re:New Forum

[Post New]by crownofthornes on Apr 19, 18 11:56 AM
As for discussing other games. I liked the MC forum especially because it was all about MC and not mixed in with other games

 
Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:New Forum

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 19, 18 12:06 PM
AEG is hard at work in the new Delphi forum, transferring her lists.

SilverHawk, I have read every thread in that forum, & there's only 1 sentence that I found that could possibly be considered offensive. By the hostess, who obviously doesn't consider it offensive. And the subject was dropped.

It is already a caring, supportive community, just like we've had here, but with no spam, & none of the nastiness we sometimes had here, & I'm very grateful for it.

 
gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

Re:New Forum

[Post New]by gripes on Apr 19, 18 12:41 PM
when I first visited the site I also thought it be about sharing ones personal life.. something i'd be way to uncomfortable with..

but now that they gotten off the ground it's amazing how lovely ,a site for us fish out water it is becoming....

join the site Sliver-Hawk and just sit back look around until your comfortable...

I probably will rarely post.. then again.. when I am comfortable.. that will change..

go join ..and ahhhh while at it join the group at pond friends I think this is the address http://pondfriends.net/

then take your time and explore....

I am so accustomed to coming into the MC forum several times a day..i'd be so lost without somewhere to go and listen to the chatter..



yours truly

gripy gripes

castle name dair

 
Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:New Forum

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 19, 18 2:01 PM
crownofthornes wrote:Saying that - I will miss it, and where is Anelligram? I thought she would have had something to say about the situation. She is conspicuous by her abscence
Where am I? ..... well, yes, as Desertdruid stated, I am currently at Delphi.

Did I see the offensive remark on the first page (made by our hostess) ..... Yes, I did read it and yes, I found it quite offensive as well as totally contrary to the post info that Silver_Hawk put in bold. I'm so glad it was removed .... if it had not been, I would have sent her a PM requesting she do so.

And, yes, I am currently transferring my threads to that site ..... for numerous reasons:
1. I have no problem with the info being shared/used by others.
2. I want control over how the content is moved and presented.

I stated in another thread that others have chosen to copy and paste some of the other threads to that location (Castle Challenge list by TiramaSue and I heard that someone copied whitebutterfly's story line. While I understand that it was "published" on an open forum, I still contend that it would be courteous to at least ask before just copying works created by others.

And, I'm sure there will be others who will go to their own various sites who will make copies of my threads on those sites. That I cannot control. Still it would be nice to be informed that they are being copied.

The 2 times I visited the new site this morning, it kept freezing up with a post and then with trying to navigate the site. I have my concerns that it will be able to handle the traffic we create. Time will tell.

 
Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

Re:New Forum

[Post New]by Luckypool on Apr 19, 18 2:33 PM
Horses for courses, each to their own, whatever lights your candle, c'est la vie.
I could roll out loads more, but we live in a free world and at the end of the day, it's only a game.
I like this forum but I LOVE Jenifer's one on Delphi.
150+ members registering in two days says it all.
I wish her every success.

 
LillieCat55
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:New Forum

[Post New]by LillieCat55 on Apr 19, 18 2:46 PM
I agree with Annelliegram, and I, too, was glad to see the offensive, unnecessary statement removed. Delphi is not a perfect solution, but I hope we all do learn to police ourselves in terms of language and civility. So far, most of the folks who have joined (over 200 at last check) seem much the same as they have always been here. I hope Silver Hawk, and others, will give it a second chance. I'd like to see more of my game friends check in. Thanks to all who have made the BF forum what it was: a friendly, comfortable place to visit, get good advice, and make connections.

 
Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:New Forum

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 19, 18 2:57 PM
Annelliegram wrote:
crownofthornes wrote:Saying that - I will miss it, and where is Anelligram? I thought she would have had something to say about the situation. She is conspicuous by her abscence
Where am I? ..... well, yes, as Desertdruid stated, I am currently at Delphi.

Did I see the offensive remark on the first page (made by our hostess) ..... Yes, I did read it and yes, I found it quite offensive as well as totally contrary to the post info that Silver_Hawk put in bold. I'm so glad it was removed .... if it had not been, I would have sent her a PM requesting she do so.

And, yes, I am currently transferring my threads to that site ..... for numerous reasons:
1. I have no problem with the info being shared/used by others.
2. I want control over how the content is moved and presented.

I stated in another thread that others have chosen to copy and paste some of the other threads to that location (Castle Challenge list by TiramaSue and I heard that someone copied whitebutterfly's story line. While I understand that it was "published" on an open forum, I still contend that it would be courteous to at least ask before just copying works created by others.

And, I'm sure there will be others who will go to their own various sites who will make copies of my threads on those sites. That I cannot control. Still it would be nice to be informed that they are being copied.

The 2 times I visited the new site this morning, it kept freezing up with a post and then with trying to navigate the site. I have my concerns that it will be able to handle the traffic we create. Time will tell.


Hi AEG--Just an FYI--For the record, actually, I PM'd Libby first and asked if her story could be copied over and asked if she would join us to continue it. She was fine with it being copied but not keen if someone else would be writing in it "for her". So, she's thinking about it at the moment as to whether she's joining us at Delphi. Hopefully, she will, and continue the story. If she doesn't, we'll need to post something like your header of your threads about not adding to it. It's just there for your reading pleasure or something.

Lastly, I second what LillieCat said: I hope Silver Hawk, and others, will give it a second chance. I'd like to see more of my game friends check in. Thanks to all who have made the BF forum what it was: a friendly, comfortable place to visit, get good advice, and make connections.

 
BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

Re:New Forum

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Apr 19, 18 6:07 PM
Glad I didn't see the offensive remark. I hope that the heart and soul of this forum lives on and am impressed with the speed that important threads will be there. I play on a tablet and it is VERY easy to find my way around. On the Delphi site it is more difficult. I had trouble finding my own post to thank someone. On my pc (which I rarely use) everything is bigger. I hope that I will eventually get used to it.

 
Knim
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

New Forum

[Post New]by Knim on Apr 19, 18 6:16 PM
silver_hawk wrote:I've hung around many bikers, truck drivers, and military men. I am in no way, form, or fashion a prude - nothing surprises me, shocks me, nor offends me. What people say they are free to say... That said,

I will not be joining you all on Delphi. I preferred to hang out on BF forums(IN CASE YOU HAVE NOT READ THERE WILL BE NO MORE FORUM ON BFTOAD /OtterMOUSE) for the simplicity of it being kept very well by the mod's family friendly. To get away from the world and of politics and stay focused on the enjoyment of a game. For the lightheartedness and fun.

I saw the Welcome page of the new Delphi forum and this is what it says...

"Make yourself at home.

Please be:
Thoughtful. Colorful. Spirited. Engaged.

Don't be:
Mean. Argumentative. Abusive. Profane."


I perused some of the postings and admired a lot of the work that has gone into it in just a few days. But it's only been a few days and already breaking what I highlighted in bold above. Really? Is there no decorum or self discipline? I don't see this going well for some people. I wish you all the best but I have my reservations. Good Luck



 

Re:New Forum

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Apr 20, 18 7:53 AM
It often seems when someone is given the freedom to do something previously forbidden they need to push the envelope a little just to prove they can. After that, most people realize the previous rules were there for a reason and self-police. I'm sure that will happen here and those who go too far will be gently reminded that their comments make others uncomfortable.

 
 
 
 
Go to: